style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 264 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi....has anybody had any success with telling your electricity supplier that you would prefer to stay with them but you can get a better price from many other suppliers would they like to match these cheaper offers????

FS

No Never

They have sometimes offered other tarifs they have, despite them being worse deals than the one you say your leaving for ...

and sometimes claimed its overall a better deal ...

I did get one once some years ago which was just being released by the Company but wasn't widely known - it was almost as good as the one I left for- just enough to make me think - i left anyway but ended up wishing I hadn't.

Mind you, if i were a supplier and someone said to me Npower is offering me a cheaper deal,

I'd be tempted to say, perhaps for a short while, but our quality of service simply doesn't go low enough to be in their marketplace.

Mind you again, they aren't that cheap anymore anyway are they?

Probably got pulled up for offering prices (monthly payments that is) then ramping them up as soon as your cooling off period was over.

I'm firmly of the opinion now that a few quid extra a year to stay with a supplier that has given no problems is a small price to pay,

Has to be significant savings for me to move now, not 20 quid or so.

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...