JeffW

Recommencing debt action

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 266 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A couple of years ago, my ex-landlord agreed to settle a dispute out of court by paying me £10 a month by direct bank transfer, till he had paid £300 in total.

I have just checked my old bank statements, and discovered that he made his first four £10 payments, and has not made a payment since. :mad2:

Knowing him as I do, I don't believe that this was an accident.

Would I be within my rights to recommence the previous legal action, deducing £40 from the amount previously sought, and adding on the costs of the new legal action?

Or would the court expect me to first contact my ex-landlord and give him the opportunity to settle the outstanding debt?

I would far prefer the former, as my landlord is a rude and aggressive person who would probably mess me around further.

Just a further thought -

If I were to give him a non-negotiable deadline by which to pay the outstanding balance (say, a month), would that be likely to be deemed reasonable by the court, given that the entire debt should have been paid off by now?

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

Was this a tomlin order that the court were aware of?

Or the court khow nowt about this agreement?

What status is the claim at then?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

It wasn't a tomlin order (I live in Scotland, and I think Tomlin orders are purely for England?).

My ex-landlord and I reached an out of court agreement about a day before the court hearing, and we both emailed the court to advise that we had reached an out of court settlement and would not be proceeding.

As a result, the claim was cancelled by the court.

Thanks

Jeff

Was this a tomlin order that the court were aware of?

Or the court khow nowt about this agreement?

What status is the claim at then?

not binding

start again.

have to be a simple procedure claim.

but that's gonna cost you more than the outstanding dent I bet...

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets