• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cpm/BW windscreen pcns - BW PAP LOC Now Claimform - (residential car park) The citrus Building, Maderia road, Bournemouth ***Claim Dismissed with Costs** now another PAPLOC for another same place ticket ***Dismissed again with costs***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ll change it to the owners of CPM for clarity’s sake.

Funnily enough I had an email from BW today...”contact us about your account with us” requesting me to email them back. Is it advisable to send this by post?

• 2 weeks later...

Letters have gone off a while ago to BW Legal CC'ing CPM and i have proof of postage in the ever growing file of paperwork.

Unfortunately i am yet to receive a reply which is a shame because i'm quite enjoying wasting their time now!

I have however today had a laugh.

Remember the image i posted a few posts back highlighting the area they "manage"?

Well today guess what i have seen?

One of the directors parking blocking the entrance to the flats whilst he walks around ticketing against their own terms and conditions!

I know it seems a little petty but is this something i can use against them if they decide to take this to court?

Im going to try and get more evidence of their poor management and take it to the local paper i think.

I know this wont get me anywhere with my case with them (if they even decide to create one) but i just want to make life as hard as possible for them

Nice thing is, one of their tickets evidence includes an image of my vehicle with guess what?

This car parked in the background.

I do also have closer images with the reg number in

Sorry, seems a little petty but ive got the bit between my teeth with this now!

One of the directors parking blocking the entrance to the flats whilst he walks around ticketing against their own terms and conditions!.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So one of these tickets they issued has been progressing as expected and now BW legal are chasing me. I have noticed though that a few days ago they have carried out a credit check on me. Is there any reason behind this and are they even allowed to do this?

They have been calling me daily and not getting very far

”can you confirm your address”

”it’s the same as the last one you sent your spam letters to”

”so you won’t confirm it”

”you have it”

”ok we will send another letter”

more money wasting i can do for them the better!

• 4 months later...

Name of the Claimant ? Countrywide Parking Management Limited

claimants Solicitors: BW Legal

Date of issue –  28th August 2019

What is the claim for – 

1.The claimants claim is for the sum of £667.19 being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of Parking charge notices (PCN) for parking contraventions which occurred between and on private land managed and operated by the claimant, where the defendant was responsible for a vehicle registration mark, seen breaching the terms and conditions in operation at the car park/private land.

2.The defendant was allowed 28 days from the PCN issue date to pay each PCN but failed to do so.

Despite demand having been made, the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability. 

3.The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum (a daily rate of 0.11 from 20/12/2018 to 27/08/2019 being an amount of £27.19. The claimant also claims £ contractual costs as set out in the terms and conditions. 

What is the value of the claim? £667.19, 

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ? countrywide parking management

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I was aware BW legal had the account when they started chasing me for the charges.

…………………….

Throughout a period of about 6 months, i have received several parking charges in the car park at home, some of which i have discussed in threads on this forum.

Ultimately the parking company have been very unprofessional.

The space is large enough for 2 cars end to end and their reason for issuing a charge every time has been "double parked".

As usual, they have stated that this is against their terms and conditions sign posted and i have made it clear to them every time (including pictures) that their signage does not state this is not allowed (they have now changed it however this is after the date of the last charge issued).

Today i have come home to a county court claim form and would like advice on how to proceed bearing in mind i am a tenant in this building and the parking company are employed by the management association

• dx100uk changed the title to Cpm windscreen pcns - BW PAP LOC Now Claimform - (residential car park) The citrus Building, Maderia road, Bournemouth

Thanks guys. 

Im very curious as to how they have come up with the £667.19 owed as all the charges have been £160 each so would the CPR be the time to ask for that detailed breakdown or would I wait until further down the line for that?

Thanks for your help so far guys,

Right, i have registered on the money claim website and acknowledged that i intend to defend in full. 

Tomorrow i will start typing up the CPR and get that posted off to BW Legal Monday morning.

It does say that the claimant is Countrywide parking however the address for sending documents and payments is BW legal.

Do i need to send a copy to Countrywide as well?

• 2 weeks later...

1. It is admitted that Defendant is the hirer of the vehicle(s)
in question.

2. It is denied that the Defendant has breached any of the terms
and conditions as set out by the claimant on their signage.

3. The Claimant has noted on the parking charge notices attached
to the vehicle that the reason for enforcement was due to double
parking. Not only is this missing as a prohibited action from the
terms and conditions set out by the Claimant, the Claimant has
issued letters to each resident of the site stating that double
parking is allowed in the under croft spaces.

4. It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract with the
Defendant. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control
Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract
requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted
by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is
not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its
own account, as the carpark is owned by and the terms of entry set
by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has
authority to bring this claim. The proper Claimant is the
landowner.

5. The Claimant, by their own admission during an appeal against
one of the parking charges in question, are not contracted by the
landowner to cover the parking space in question.

6. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is
denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any
relief at all.

Thats the idea.

Whilst I’m confident that they won’t be stupid enough to actually take this to court, and even if they do, will lose, I still want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row

on a side note, when does the phone calls become harassment?

BW are calling me daily, sometimes several times a day.

I did answer to them once when they asked what my intentions were which was made perfectly clear to be told

“we will keep calling you regardless”

It wasn’t recorded as to be honest, I was caught a little off guard however they are calling on a daily basis so I’ll make a point of recording the next one!

there won’t be any crumbling here.

I’ve just been reading through the history of this to jog my memory on some of the events and it’s reminded me just how pathetic they are as a business. I fully intend to waste as much of their time and hopefully money as possible. 

I have just received BW Legals response to my CPR Letter, about 40 pages of reprints of the various letters that have been sent to me over the past 10 months. Again their evidence here only supports my arguments that their terms and conditions do not deny residents the ability to double park in spaces where possible which is what the tickets were issued for. 

I am yet yet to submit my defence. Would now be the time to do so or do I wait until the last moment?

No they didn’t however that is due to the fact I didn’t request it.

During my research before sending it, I was under the impression they were not in a position where they had to release that information however I realise now that I should have requested that. 

As DX has kindly confirmed, it’s due 27th so I do still have some time but want to start refining (and not make silly mistakes!)

I’m convinced here they have really stitched themselves up but need to cover all bases

Im due to submit my defence on MCOL in a few days and have the defence below.

I would appreciate any criticisms or improvements.

In reference to point 3, the claimant has actually provided me with a letter stating that double parking IS acceptable.

Do i include this or leave that to later down the line at WS stage?

Defence.pdf

thank you Eric for the advice.

Yours sounds much better and to the point!

I will be submitting defence this evening and see how we get on from there.

They have still been hassling with persistent calls and letters!