Cpm/BW windscreen pcns - BW PAP LOC Now Claimform - (residential car park) The citrus Building, Maderia road, Bournemouth ***Claim Dismissed with Costs** now another PAPLOC for another same place ticket ***Dismissed again with costs***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thank you Eric for the advice.

Yours sounds much better and to the point!

I will be submitting defence this evening and see how we get on from there.

They have still been hassling with persistent calls and letters!

One thing you might want to consider is the claimant's reason for the charge, as mentioned in your appeal - being that parking was not allowed in the area your vehicle was parked. This is prohibitive, this not an offer of contract at all. You could also argue that the signage did not apply to the side of the carpark where you were parked, thus no terms of parking applied.

It's always as well to have  as many angles of defence as you can.

my main two reasons here as I see it are the fact that all PCNs were issued for the reason of double parking where their terms and conditions do not prohibit this and they have sent a letter stating this is acceptable in the undercroft spaces (which mine is) and also the map they supplied during an appeal does not cover my space. 

Im not sure if I could use this as well in a way but someone who parks opposite me has always parked a motorbike and car in their space and has never had a ticket for double parking so in my eyes, they are just trying to push their luck. Obviously I would struggle to evidence this though. 

since all of this kicked off, they have altered the signage to include no double parking and whilst I have an argument with the building management over this, I have stopped parking there since then. I do however expect them to try and use their updated signage in the case. 

Regards the signage - you have a copy of the original signage posted on here, so use that against them. A judge won't take kindly to them trying to mislead in that way.

Ultimately, if it states on the ticket that the reason was double parking, then that's what you are defending against. Is that what it explicitly states on the tickets?

so double parking not a conditionon the sign= no contract to breach.

You can expand on this (point 2) but be careful not to be too specific in case they try and dig up another excuse that you havent got covered.

the other thing is if the claim doesnt specify what it is you have done to breach the contract you can state this and ask that the court use its powers under CPR 3.4. Add this after the other defence points as it isnt part of your defence or send it as a separate letter. It may well get filed with the other paperwork unread until much later but that wont hurt you any, just drag things out a bit more

16 hours ago, shamrocker said:

Ultimately, if it states on the ticket that the reason was double parking, then that's what you are defending against. Is that what it explicitly states on the tickets?

Correct. Every ticket states double parking and there is no mention whatsoever about blocking the road way however in their replies to my appeals, they always avoided the point of the double parking and made it about overhanging onto the road way (which i wasnt anyway). As far as i can see, they really do not have a leg to stand on!

3 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

the other thing is if the claim doesnt specify what it is you have done to breach the contract you can state this and ask that the court use its powers under CPR 3.4. Add this after the other defence points as it isnt part of your defence or send it as a separate letter. It may well get filed with the other paperwork unread until much later but that wont hurt you any, just drag things out a bit more

Their claim form just references contraventions. Nothing to say I've parked inconsiderately or double parked so again, i really cant see them having a leg to stand on!

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly as i thought. I just need to convince the judge this is the case (unless they pull out before this stage)

Received a letter a few days ago from the courts acknowledging receipt of my defence and that it's being served to the claimant giving them 28 days if they wish to continue. Other than preparing and gathering evidence for my WS, i assume at this point its a case of sit back and wait for the next communication?

is this something I can track on MCOL?

Will it show in the status when they pay?

I’ve just had a letter from BW legal stating CPM are proceeding and they have been really kind and offered for me to pay the full balance and the best bit? I can even pay in instalments if I’m hard up!

How kind

am I just waiting for their directions now they have told me they are proceeding?

mcol ended at allocation to CC.

begging letter.

ring the day after the fee is due

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Might even get a suggestion to proceed on the papers, if they copy Gladdy's busted MO.  On The Papers is always a desperate bid to stop their dodgy POC, and WS being challenged at a hearing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That won’t be happening. I have full intention to see these clowns in court.

Am I correct in thinking they have 28 days from the last day of submitting defence to pay up otherwise I can request it’s struck out?

no read the letter that came from the court acking the receipt of your defence

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

today i have received from Northampton the N180 form.

From my research on here, im aware of what i need to do with filling the form out and returning it to the court, claimant and a copy for myself

however as i have not yet received BW legals copy, do i wait before submitting mine?

Reason i say this is that i am sort of expecting them to request a hearing on the papers, something which i'm not having.

If they request this and ive already sent in my N180, can i write to the court separately to decline this?

Also, just an odd thought here which id like some views on.

Their signage on the site has always said (and still does even modified to not allow double parking) that a valid permit must be displayed. Permits have never ever been issued to anyone on this site.

Now the reason i say this is i know its completely unrelated to my case in that they aren't chasing me for that but what it says to me is they're T&C's don't really apply to this site and that it just evidences more and more that they seem to be making rules up as they go along.

Am i barking up the wrong tree here with an additional line of defence?

do the n180

makes no odds 

await the n157

dx

and they

There is a space for comment on the N180 where you can state that you wish to object to any request by the Claimant for an "on the papers" hearing.

I wouldn't worry about the permits term, as the non-display of a permit is not the apparent cause for action against you. Have you sent them a CPR request for documentation?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Seems to have gone a little quiet since returning the N180 to the court and Claimant. How long do people expect roughly before they receive an allocation?

Also, i'm aware that by now the claimant should have paid their fees for this claim. Would this show up on the status on MCOL if they had paid?