workaholic duck

Future Comms mobile contract

Future comms gone bust, so now what?

O2 have the job of passing on affected customers to Chess ICT who seem to have some connection to FC (with not much better reviews online!). O2 seem to have confidence that they will solve the issues. I don't. 

All I want is to cancel the contract but is there any hope? At all?

Currently my court case against them is still ongoing and due to be heard in a local court very soon. I have to wait to be told the appointed time, then call to tell them the situation. Presumably it will just get cancelled.

As my contract was with FC but service provided by O2, I shall be beholden to O2 to do as I am told? I am loathe to continue paying O2 this dd which includes the cashback I should have got/be getting. Yet I can't stop because I don't want my service cut.

Chess ICT contacted me by email to say they are taking over FC's customers now they've gone bust. Told me to forward all relevant paperwork with money claims.

BUT also heard from court that my case is going to be heard at my local court very soon as FC didn't respond to mediation.

Does this mean I can continue with my court action but with Chess???? Anyone?? Please??!

This is excellent used because first of all the case has been listed at your local court. Normally it would be heard at the defendant's court because you are both businesses. This means that you don't have to travel but they do. Secondly, the chances of somebody turning up on behalf of futurecomms is vanishingly remote  and so that means that at if you are the only person who turns up for the hearing then you will have judgement awarded against them almost automatically. 

Is there a hearing date?

Should I just continue as though I don't know they've gone bust?

Hearing date to follow soon. 

They haven't gone bust. They are still in existence but they have simply stopped trading.