Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • OK,  I have not claimed anyone told us to pay in this forum. As grown up adults we made this decision. I am sharing our experience in case it benefits anyone.  Our approach to this is if Lidl didn't help at the end we would take our shopping elsewhere and the so called reduced charge of £45 paid would be the end of the story, even if is unfair.    As I mentioned Lidl cust. service already emailed us to confirm that they have contacted Athena to cancel the charge, I'll first follow up with Lidl. If not resolved will resort to chargeback.  
    • no one ever said PAY THEM, you never ever do that.   if you paid by debit card go get it back by a chargeback to your issuing bank.      
    • Hi All,   My partner received a response from Lidl after another 3 days in which they explain the reason for their car parking system etc. but to summarize they conclude to cancel the parking charge with the below paragraph;   "In light of your comments, on this occasion only, I have requested that the parking charge is cancelled. Athena will confirm the cancellation in writing in due course."   As the £45 was going up to £90 the day before the email above actually reached us,  we actually sent the payment of £45 to Athena to remove the risk of that, but with the above conclusion we will follow up to get a refund.    Meanwhile we did our first big shopping with the car from Aldi in the local area instead of Lidl for the first time in 2+ years. As Aldi shares the car park with Matalan store in our area their car park period is 3hrs free of charge, which removes the stress of timing your shopping.   I think the supermarkets are shooting themselves in the foot with these types of measures when they use 90mins or such short periods as a time limit.   I'll post an update how the refund chase goes and how long it takes.    Thanks.
    • and apparently have sweet FA of the systems ready to implement the Kent border, ... which is needed because they haven't got the systems in place to manage the UK-EU border or UK-Ireland border they have striven so hard for and had sold so enthusiastically ..
    • It will be court / legal threats then, but that's out of my experience there. Good luck with the claim and let us know how it went.
  • Our picks

    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help
      I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later
      I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute
      I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today
      I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.
      I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .
       I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !
      I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !
      i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I have an old credit card debt dating back a few years - I was too ill at the time to deal with it and was taken to court and ended up with a CCJ. I wasn't able to make the payments the court told me to pay but Restons agreed an arrangement of a minimal payment each month to run alongside the Judgement. I have paid each month and never missed a payment.


Today I received a letter from them with an 11-page questionnaire about my finances and other personal details - if I do not reply within 7 days they say the arrangement will be cancelled and they will advise the client to begin recovery options including legal enforcement without further notice. They have also stated that I could make a settlement payment and discharge my liability - no hope of that - I am penniless!


I haven't defaulted on the agreement and my financial situation is unchanged - what should I do?


I never agreed to the amount I was told I owed as much of that was fees and interest that had been added to the account for late payment, admin costs etc. The company knew I was ill and had to give up working but continued to add fees anyway until it was sent to a DCA.

Edited by Foxhollow
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignore the letter, they will have to go back to court to change the current arrangement and that will give you the opportunity to then claim all of their charges and fees back. You wont be ordered to pay any more so they will have just thrown good money after bad

basically chrismas is coming up and they need some money for their office party and are hoping you will agree to contribute

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you fancy reclaiming all of the charges you can do so by suing the card co. As they have sold the debt on they will be chucking money away.

You will need a full set of figures to do this though so you will need to send a SAR to the CC co and get them. If the matter is more than 6 years old it will be harder to progress but nt impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

what did the court order you to pay PCM and have you been paying that?

tell us about the debt too


original creditor etc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs


NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..


If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 



Link to post
Share on other sites

Original debt was NewDay Ltd. Court order stated £80 per month - Restons agreed £10 payments, which they said they were offering after reviewing my circumstances and believed it wasn't possible for me to pay the £80. I had said that in response to the court papers and sent a financial statement but this was ignored. Restons letter after the court hearing said that their agreement would not affect the court judgement and payment would remain in line with my circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites



You need to relax here,


I have a CCJ with Shoosmiths and every December receive exactly the same letter as you do. They expect me to fill out all the same BS, (I and E) in order to see if the payments are still affordable. I just give them a call and do it on the phone.


So I am told this is now a requirement for them (Courts don't want debt suicides on their hands).


I hope this helps

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues Forum.



Its an informal agreement with Restons...not the court...so they dont have to go back to court for a redetermination.....The court set it at £80pm an N245/or N244 redetermination should have been submitted at the time of judgment......to have it altered to an affordable monthly amount...legally...not informally.


So in effect you are not complying with the Judgment order and yes they could move to the next stage of enforcement of the judgment.....subject to your financial means execution could be restricted.


Charging Order if you own a property.

Attachment of Earnings if your employed

Bailiff/Warrant if you have enough personal goods of value to cover the judgment amount.


Complete their form honestly...it should still reflect an affordable payment of £10pm....or alternatively submit your own application to the court and get it on a legal footing to stop the annual threat o gram.



We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...