Lowell Claimform - old CAT debt

Guest Old_andrew2018
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Please read the following link which explains the process...then copy and paste the Q,s and responses back here for further advice.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do-**UPDATED-2018**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as they always are

please complete the link in post 2 so we have all the info to properly advise you.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why do you have 2 usernames?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Old_andrew2018

Name of the Claimant Lowell Portfolio Ltd

Date of issue – 05 DEC 2018

Particulars of Claim

1)The defendant opened a Catalogue account very-Littlewood/Additions Direct regulated consumer credit account under reference ****** on **/**/**** (* the Agreement).

2) in breach of the agreement the Defendant failed to maintain the required payments, and the agreement was terminated.

3) The Agreement was later assigned to the claimant on **/**/****.

4) Despite repeated requests for payment of the sum of £5,300 remains due and outstanding.

5.And the Claimant claims

a) The sum of £5,300,

b) Interest pursuant to s69 Count Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £1.25 but limited to one year, being £456.25

c) Costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No

What is the total value of the claim? £5756.25

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Catalogue

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? after 2007

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? YES

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? dismissal

What was the date of your last payment? Not Sure

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? YES with Step change

Edited by Andyorch

Guest Old_andrew2018

have had several user name with Old_andrew, can ever remember pass word, started an account in the early day of consumer action group even had a cag email when the were available, has one of the first true call machines, but can never remember pass words, went off for a time in 2007

thread title updated

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

Edited by Andyorch
edit

and they

Guest Old_andrew2018

Must state I have not added court fee & legal representative costs to the final figures these fee £510.00

Andy

Edited by old_andrew2017
added figures

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? No :???:

Cat Name added to above

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Old_andrew2018

Good evening I cant seem to be able to over write parts of the CPR 31:14 PDF template, any advice would be helpful;

Edited by old_andrew2017
information left off

then don't

copy and paste from the post not the PDF.

and they

Guest Old_andrew2018

on MCOL site several times can enter claim number but have to provide defence password HELP

Andy

Panic over found it

hello guest viewing why not send message

Re MCOL do I Need to enter additional personal details i.e.

Telephone number as the claimant will I sure will use the number to harass me

Edited by dx100uk
merge

you are simply acknowledging the claim.[AOS]

go back and read post 8 carefully

and they

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Have now received some information from lowells Solicitors, which I would like too upload but don't know how, any advice please

Andy

read upload

ONE multipage PDF only please

and they

Guest Old_andrew2018

please see documents provided by Lowell solicitors, they have not complied fully with my CPR 31.14 request

Lowell portfolio have yet to comply with my CCA request, so I need to continue my defence

This is my response

a. I must contend that the particulars of claim are rather vague,

b. I set out my case below, relying on CPR 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

c. I do not recall the precise details of the alleged agreement and am unaware of a default being issued I have sought verification from the claimant.

d. I am not aware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served.

e. It is therefore denied with regards to me owing any monies to the Claimant, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(i) show how I had entered into an agreement; and

(ii) show and evidence the breach and service of the Default Notice;

(iii) show how I has reached the amount claimed for; and

(iv) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

f. As per Civil Procedures Rule 16.5( 4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

g. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed.

seem to be a few guests,

any advice guys

Lowell 01.jpg

lowell 02.jpg

Lowell 03.jpg

Edited by dx100uk
merge

use our std holding defence andy on any cat debt thread

and they

Guest Old_andrew2018

Defence

a. The defendant contends that the particulars of claim are rather vague, and generic in nature

b. The defendant and sets outs its case below, relying on CPR r16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made,

c. The defendant does not recall the precise details of the alleged agreement and is unaware of a default being issued and has sought verification from the claimant, making made a CPR 31:14

request, the defendant awaits full compliance,

In addition the defendant has raised a formal request pursuant to section 78 of the consumer credit Act 1974,to the claimants client Lowell Portfolio to be provided with a true copy of the credit

agreement relating to the above account mentioned in the claim,

d. The defendant is not aware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served.

It is therefore denied with regards to me the defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(i) show how the defendant had entered into an agreement; and

(ii) show and evidence the breach and service of the Default Notice;

(iii) show how the defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(iv) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

f. As per Civil Procedures Rule 16.5( 4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

g. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed

Edited by old_andrew2017
missing information

Here are some recent Cat defences that Andyorch drafted for another poster s

You will have to edit slightly to suit your claimant Particulars and add your requests for CCA /CPR ect.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1 .Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with [enter original creditor] but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.

Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the defendant did not enter into any agreement with the claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the alleged statement of its particulars.

3 .Paragraph 3 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served over X years ago.

On the DD/MM/YYYY ( sent by recorded delivery) I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. The claimant has failed to date to respond to the CPR and remains in default of the section 78 request.

3.It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5.On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

6.By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Regards

Andy

or

1.The claim is for the sum of £398.82 due by the defendant under a non-regulated Shop Direct account with an account ref of ******

2.The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the account agreement.

3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 28/Aug/2015, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of proceedings in the sum of £31.91

The claimant claims the sum of £450.73

Defence

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had in the past an agreement with Shop Direct but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.It is my understanding that all credit facilities provided by Shop Direct would be regulated and legislated under Credit Consumer Act 1974.

2. Paragraph 2 is denied. I have not received a Default Notice from the original creditor.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served.

Therefore Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show and evidence the nature of any breach by way of a Default Notice

© show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedureicon Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of consumer credit Act 1974.

6. On the 8th November 2016 I made a legal request by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to comply and therefore is in default of this request and as such is forbidden to request any relief until such compliance.

7. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

or

1.The claimants claim is for the sum of £460 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a home shopping agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and shop direct finance company limited under account reference xxxxx and assigned to the claimant on xx/xx/xxxx notice of which has been given to the defendant.

2.The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with.

3.The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to sectiom 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8.00% per annum (a daily rate of £0.10 from the date of assignment of the agreement to xx/xx/xxxx being an amount of £36.60.

Defence

1 Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with Shop Direct Finance Company but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.

Furthermore which is denied,I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served over X years ago.

2 Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the defendant did not enter into any agreement with the claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the alleged statement of its particulars.

3 On the 07/11/2016 (sent by recorded delivery) I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. The claimant has failed to date to respond to the CPR and remains in default of the section 78 request.

4 It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

© Show and evidence any breach and service of a default Notice which it refers to in their particulars;

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

5 As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6 On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

7 By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

or

Edit to suit and fit your particulars....

Your particulars of claim

1 the claim is for the sum of £7xx.xx in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with shop direct under account number xxxxxxxxxxx upon which the defendant failed to maintain payments

2 a default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with

3 the balance owed was assigned from shop direct

to the claimant and the defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter

..#

Defence example to be edited

1 Paragraph 1 is noted. I have had an agreement in the past with Shop Direct Finance Company but do not recognise the account number referred to by the claimant.

Furthermore which is denied,I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served over X years ago.

2 Paragraph 2 is noted but not admitted. The claimant would not be aware of any alleged breach or in a position to plead such fact as an assignee as the defendant did not enter into any agreement with the claimant and is therefore put to strict proof to verify the alleged statement of its particulars.

3 On the 07/11/2016 (sent by recorded delivery) I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a Section 78 request. The claimant has failed to date to respond to the CPR and remains in default of the section 78 request.

4 It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

© Show and evidence any breach and service of a default Notice which it refers to in their particulars;

5 As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6 On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

7 By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Andy

…………..

add this after the generic 1st sentence

The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claimicon pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

and they