PE PCN - overstay - South Bristol Community Hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got back from an appointment to find the parking arrangements have yet again changed.

It's not my local hospital and I attend maybe once a year.

Things used to be simple with a barrier entry/ticket then after your appointment put your ticket in the machine then pay before exiting.

Then the barrier got smashed off and they relied on a person taking reg numbers and times giving you ticket to pay in the coffee shop before you exit.

Today's visit was most confusing, with people waiting at the ticket machine not sure whether to pay before of when you exit.

It appears most people were of the opinion that you pay when you are about to exit as they have cameras set up.

I checked with reception and they said you can pay before or after.

Very strange I thought and proceeded with my appointment.

When I returned I punched in the reg number expecting it to say how much, but nothing, you have to the guess how long you were parked up for!!!

I paid for two hours as I checked my watch and it was correct.

I've since checked my dash cam and i arrived at 14.34, took about a minute or two to find a space big enough for my van and left at 16.37 buying my ticket at 16.35.

So worst case scenario is i overstayed by 3 minutes with the best case being 1 minute.

Do you think this an automatic penalty from these sharks or do they have a grace period?

Also, are the ticket machines linked to the camera system for timings.

Don't want a £100 fine around xmas time.

Tried to contact the hospital for clarification but they haven't got a clue.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

it is NOT A FINE

please show us where any of their paperwork use that word?

its a speculative invoice

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(2-Viewing)-nbsp

and yes there is a minimum 10 mins grace period.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You don't need to....

.......Don't want a £100 fine around xmas time......

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the 10 minute grace periof will apply so if you do get a NTK in a coupel of days time you can be assured that it isnt a valid demand. That doesnt mean it will be automatically cnacelled but you wont be paying them anything and you will have 3 chances of appealing or moaning about it.

Timeas are important so leaving them on has allowed us to respond to your post and reach a quick understanding of your problem. Now iof the parking co do read this and identify you then they know that they are in breach of the conditions they operate under if they send out the demand in the firstb place so would then hopefully not be so stupid. However, stupid is the byword for parking co's so expect a letter. When you get it come back adn we will suggest a suitable response

One semi-politely telling them to Foxtrot Oscar as they have no chance in court might do the trick.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!