Multiple parking and traffic violations on a cloned plate inc PCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon fellow forum users, apologies in advance as I've never posted before and want to give as much info as possible but there is a bit to tell and I don't want to bore you all to death so I'll try to be as brief and concise as possible.

Yesterday I received 4 parking notices from a company claiming to be PCS and one penalty parking charge from the London Borough of Newham for a 52m - failing to comply with a prohibition on certain types of motor vehicle contravention.

In total the bill is currently standing at almost £500 :mad2: ( 4 counts of £60 from PCS and £130 from Newham).

All these offenses are claimed to have taken place between the 1st and 5th Dec 2018.

All of these documents claim to have visual evidence of 'the vehicle' and it's true that there are attached CCTV grabs of a car of the same make and model as mine and a matching number plate although I have never been to Newham, and not really sure where it is? So am assuming that these are cloned plates.

Have already contacted the Police and they have given me a crime ref no and will also be contacting the DVLA as they advised so I'm pretty sure I can sort that issue out with Newham.

However, the so called 'parking charges' issued by PCS parking collection services. PO box 271. Ashton Under Lyme OL6 0DL are more of an issue as having done some digging online and through this website I am now under the suspicion that these may not be legit as the company appears to have a somewhat suspect reputation in what I can find and I don't particularly relish more lovely envelopes dropping on the mat.

the salient points in this matter are

1: of the four offences they claim, they can only provide me with pictures in two instances out of the four dates involved. And two of the claimed offences are for different dates but same PCN no and times, although same company ref no.

2: It is clear from these pictures that there might actually be two different cars involved with the same plate as mine as two of the sets of photos provided for two different dates appear to show one silver like mine and then one light green

3: The number plate displayed is marked different to mine in so much as it doesn't appear to be held on my screws at all and definitely doesn't have any other writing, such as a dealer name or post code etc or a visible crack down like mine has.

4: Having done all the necessary via the police, taking pictures, noting colour change etc It should be quite straight forward to lodge an appeal online but their website just will not let me and after two attempts I got suspicious and gave up. I do apparently have the option to download and submit a written form but I decided to go do some more digging before that and what I have found on PCS - albeit somewhat earlier dated by some time - doesn't show them up well and I;m now wondering what else I can do or investigate before I do commit to a postal appeal?

I will Deal with the Newham issue directly, but have no intention of, admitting any liability, paying any monies or giving any more details than necessary to PCS, but Can anyone offer any advise or other information before I proceed any further?

thanking you all in advance.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Please do not communicate with the PPC at this stage as it is easy for the uninitiated to mention something that they can use against you. They are not honest people so do not think that being reasonable, sharing the crime reference with them etc, will stop them trying to grab your hard earned.

Later you may need to send a robust response, but only by mail as telephoning or use of email will merely offer a free means of harrassing you.

If you can line up proof of where you were at the relevant times ready for hitting them later, so much the better. The discrepancies that you have seen could be useful later on if they were silly enough to take it further. After the weekend the experts such as ericbrother will no doubt look in and advise you further. Until then you may like to look at other threads on the subject to get a flavour of how these cowboys work.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

hi thanks for replying. I can't post letters as I'm not at home right now, but I do have a crime number that I'll be forwarding along with other evidence to Newham Council but on your advice I'll hold off with PCS and see what happens next. thanks again.

thank you. I will take your advise and see where it goes next. The police have flagged my car as having cloned plates and advised me to contact the DVLA. In the meantime I will corroboration from work as to my whereabouts when the parking fines occured and gather any other salient evidence as well. thanks for replying.

only the council one is a FINE and the more of a priority to deal with...

the private speculative invoices can wait if needs be.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Which parking company are you dealing with?

Think it's PCS of Ashton U Lyne BF according to post #1

Edited by brassnecked
typo

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

when we see what they have sent you we will be advising you to send them a letter of denial over this but we want to see if they have screwed up their NTK first so you can twist the knife if they have got the procedures wrong. That way they wil know that they dotn have ANY reason to bother you rather than suggesting that despite the plate clone it could be you