trymybest

ESP/gladstones PCN Claimform - Seymour Grove Retail Park Manchester

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 301 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Firstly thank you in advance for any help I may get from you guys!!

Yesterday I received a county court claim form from Gladstones Solicitors Limited on behalf of ES Parking Enforcement Limited and genuinely this is the first I have heard of this matter. It states they are claiming:

Amount Claimed: £166.18

Court Fee: £25

Legal Representatives Costs: £50.00

Total Amount: £241.18

I don't know where this has arisen from and cant recall parking where they said I had "breached their terms of parking".

The actual wording is:

"The Driver of the Vehicle Registration XXX XXXX (the vehicle) Incurred the parking charge(s) on 09/05/2018 for breaching the terms of parking on the land at Seymour Grove Retail Park Manchester. The Defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the keeper of the vehicle.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £160 for parking charge(s) / Damages and Indemnity Costs if applicable, together with interest of £6.18 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8% pa, continuing to judgement at £0.04 per day."

Firstly I am not the registered owner or keeper of this vehicle as the vehicle was my wife's company car and what evidence do they have that I was the driver.

I am very stressed out about this as £241.18 is a lot of money to be burdened with just before Christmas and any help would be appreciated as to how I should deal with this. Feels like these cowboys can almost make charges up as they deem fit and then bully people into paying them what can only be deemed a lucrative sum.

The claim form is dated the 10th December 2018 and was received on 14th December 2018.

Are you on the vehicles insurance, and do you drive that car at all? Reason I ask is it is not unknown for DVLA to mix up detaols if more than one car registered at the same address.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

cant see how YOU received the form at all

who is the defendants name?

yours?

your Wifes?

the Company?

can you please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?465231-Received-a-Court-Claim-From-A-Private-parking-Speculative-invoice-How-To-Deal-With-It-HERE***Updated-Aug-2016***(1-Viewing)-nbsp

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

dont be stressed, you arent going to be paying them anything and nor is anyone else.

First of all you need to acknowledge the claim. This is best done by setting up an account on moneyclaim online, follow the simple steps and register then tick the defend in full box.

That buys you more time to write you outline defence and gather what information you can.

you should also then send Gladstones a CPR 31.14 request for information asking for the following:

1) sight of the contract between ES and the landowner that assigns the right to enter into contracts with the public and to make civil claims in their own name

2) planning permission for their signage and equipment garnted under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007

3) STRICT PROOF that you were the driver at the time as you are not the keeper.

What paperwork was received by you or your wife about this parking event? If you still ahve it them tell us who it was addressed to and what it says

Edited by honeybee13
Paras