You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• @dx100uk thank you very much. It will be a huge help.
    • like i said .. firstly once again although i would   drop those ..   you need to start the letter with an honest apology, dont waffle about what you've been like elsewhere in the world..not important.   is perfect>>>I feel extremely shameful of my very poor judgment in this matter. I take full responsibility of my action and accept that I was in wrong.   twist around your explanation to benefit your situation and more reflect the truth.   i came to the UK in september 2019 to study for xxxxx. Until the time of the incident my parents has been supporting me from abroad but in january this support stoppedas they hit hard times and my part time job was not enough to support me   i was very naive about you UK regulations    give am an hour i'll do it for you        
    • @honeybee13 @dx100uk this I what i have now.   Dear Sir, I write regarding the letter that I have received from you and concerning the occasion on when I was reported for travelling on your bus service on 17th January 2020 in Pembridge Road/ Kensington Park Road using another person not transferable zip card.   First of all I want to make my most sincere apologies for my action in this case. I have always been a respectful citizen in every country I have lived in until now and I feel extremely shameful of my very poor judgment in this matter. I take full responsibility of my action and accept that I was in wrong.   Like I have said to the Tfl police at the day of the accident I am an international student. When the event happened it was only four and half months that I was in England and foolishly I haven’t informed myself in regard of public transport regulation, like I did thoroughly after. However I want to clearly state this does not want to be an excuse for my offence, since I immediately understood how wrong I was, it only wants to be an explanation of my ignorance on the matter.   I found that studying in London is not easy at all emotionally and economically too. I have a part-time job to maintain myself since my parents, which live in my country of origin, can’t help me much. Being short of money and away from home tarnished my thoughts and it turned that I took some poor decisions like using someone else’s card that day. I came here with the hope of a better future for myself and I cannot believe that I have jeopardized my dream with my stupidity, thus a criminal conviction will lead to a severe penalty on my visa.   I am extremely sorry for what I have done and in a sign of my goodwill and that I have learned this important lesson I am attaching to this letter a pay as you go card and the statements of my bank card that I have used after and continue to use to pay for my journeys.   Once again I wish to apologize to Tfl service and every member that have been affected of my foolish actions and offer to make immediate payment of the unpaid fare and all the reasonable costs that my actions have caused.   Although I would understand if you want to go further in court with my case, I sincerely hope that you will accept my apologies and my offer to an out of court settlement.   I would appreciate your consideration and I sincerely hope that you can show some leniency in this matter.
    • Didn’t sign any agreement Lloyd’s just put it together. And it was just one single debt, I asked Lloyd’s for all the information they held about me and after they admitted that they had my date of birth changed that this would be updated on the system so I asked for my information two weeks ago and I got a letter telling me that they couldn’t Identify me. I have the email of Fos still yes.  
    • Can you post up the current version of what you plan to send please, once you've made the amendments dx suggested and added the paragraph you mentioned above?   HB
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
reallymadwoman

Open letter to RMT and SouthWestern Railway

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 577 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear RMT/Southwestern Railway,

I am a wheelchair user and do not drive, so am entirely dependent on public transport. I had intended to travel to my sister’s home on Saturday 21st December. When the strike on that date was announced we explored various alternatives as I cannot risk travelling on a train that would have already been crowded but is now likely to involve additional changes and be even more crowded, if it runs at all. One of the services I need to use only has one wheelchair space, so if it’s already occupied I could have ended up waiting hours for another train. I cannot use National Express coaches as my wheelchair is too heavy to be carried as luggage and is not suitable for use on their accessible buses. With no other option, I eventually and very reluctantly agreed to allow my brother-in-law to undertake a 4 hour return journey on Christmas Eve to fetch me. I detest having to disrupt his Christmas Eve plans and also will not be able to enjoy my stay nearly as much as I’ll have no time to get over the pain travelling inevitably causes me before the big day, but it’s better than not being able to get there at all.

Yesterday, RMT announced a further strike on 27th December, the day I need to travel home and the day that both my sister and her husband have to go back to work. Again, the trains would be crowded anyway so that any that do run are going to be much worse, and again, there’s the issue with limited wheelchair spaces being already occupied. I have travelled during a previous strike and did eventually get to my destination, however the whole experience was horrendous. At one station I actually held up the train’s departure for nearly 15 minutes whilst station and train staff attempted to clear enough passengers and luggage out of the way for me to reach the wheelchair space, and whilst I cannot fault any of the staff or most of the passengers who had to move, it would have been a humiliating experience even without the few who complained.

There have been enough horror stories about disabled users and public transport in the news this year for most people to be aware that any journey on public transport is a challenge. Add in strikes at an already busy time of the year and the challenge becomes insurmountable. The fact that the strike seems to be over something that wasn’t ever going to happen anyway is just the icing in the cake. Southwestern say they’ve never intended to run guard-free trains, RMT say they will, so who is telling the truth and why do they have to wreck my Christmas to sort it out? Perhaps someone could spell out for me what is so terrible that it's worth leaving me, or anyone else, to spend Christmas on their own?

I'll definitely be thinking of you both as I tuck into my turkey burger and pudding for one.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

What a miserable business for you.

As a regular commuter on South Western Railway, I can attest that they are absolute pants - whether on a strike day or not. I am frequently inconvenienced by them - sometimes seriously - and I would hate to think how I would cope with their service if I had mobility or other issues: they are truly terrible.

I hope another solution presents itself, so you don't have to spend Xmas alone.

The all meaning of any strike is the create inconvenience.

Toc are sneakily introducing new unsafe policies which will only benefit their shareholders.

Unions are trying their best to stop them wi t h no real success.

Tfl have virtually halved staff since closing all ticket offices and many incidents have occurred as a result, however none major.

It will take a serious incident with multiple fatalities to wake them up, remember kings cross, potters bar etc.

Your inconvenience is for the common good, even though the union request will not be met.