Paulxo37

Welcome loan sold to Cabot then to Ascent/2nd charge removal?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 275 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

in 2008 I took out a secured loan of over £10k from Welcome and within a few years struggled to make the payments. The loan went to Cabot on Welcome's demise and then to Ascent. 2 years ago, instead of consulting this site(!), I started paying Ascent less than £100 a month (don't want to be specific, in case they're on here) and this has brought the amount down.

The balance is still over £10k and there is a charge on my property.

Having spoken to Ascent, I have asked for a settlement figure and they want and income/expenditure thing (not something I trust, it's just to see what they can squeeze out of you I think) before giving me one. I have offered around £4k.

My main priority is to get the second charge removed. And hopefully for a substantial discount or nothing.

Any advice from here please?!?

I understand now that I shouldn't have paid them anything but as there is still a charge on my property I felt I had to.

It is very rare for a creditor to accept a partial settlement on a secured loan. Most secured lenders who have got a charge on your house will usually reject an offer.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ever sent welcome and sar to see if you've been spoofed out of PPI life ins unnecessary building/contents ins, MIF etc etc

and was this your ONLY loan with welcome?

these could be worth £1000's in reclaiming.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok Andy we'll see what they say.

I haven't Dx, I don't believe I had ppi with them but it's something I'll look into. Would you point me in the right direction for the correct address?

I'm sorry but what is MIF?

Thanks.

Ok I've found MIF. Don't know is the answer. I'll get on to a SAR and start claiming if necessary. Do I just send to the address on their website?

welcome yes

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Welcome have sent me the files and accounts from my SAR and it reveals no PPI, no MIF, but does contain many fees and confirms they have a second charge on the property.

Can I reclaim fees (plus interest)?

Can I request they remove the charge?

The typical fees are default sum fee interest, unpaid d/d, outside calls, skip trace, letters, telephone calls, acceptance fee for the loan and broker fees.

What would be your advice to do from here?

Thank you.

yes

no

default sun int - no

acceptance - no

broker - no

the rest are fair game yes

spreadsheets 

Ok thanks DX I'll get on it and update you.