Dreadful Everest Windows

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner and I have saved up for 8 years to renew our windows, doors and conservatory and we decided in May 2018 to have the work done. After much deliberation and different companies proposing to us, we settled on Everest because they said they were the “ Everest fit the best” and we believed by paying a bit more and using this well known company, we would get the best as was promised. In May we were assured, with great cetainty that the work would be done before Christmas because in 2019 my partner and I would not be in the country. I currently live and work abroad for a period and my girl friend is due to join me before Christmas so of course installation would not be possible after Christmas and during 2019. Of course considering the amount of time between May and December who would think this would ever be a problem. Especially when you have the self proclaimed “the best” doing the work. So we paid more than we could have by going with a small local company, for the peace of mind and to get as they advertise. The best.

One of of the ways offered to reduce the total price by 5% was to sign up for finance with Home Solutions, who have a deal with Everest to provide such a discount and then I was told before the first payment, or in between the first and second payment, i can’t be sure exactly, I would Pay off the full amount to them and therefore we would apparently not be subject to the interest imposed by taking out the finance, due to a consumer credit law that enabled this. Sadly, I’m ashamed to admit I did sign up with this agreement, however it didn’t sit comfortably with me at all, so on the 28th May I sent a text to the Regional manager to say as much and insisted that this financial agreement must be cancelled as I was inside my cooling off period of 14 days, and to increase the price by 5% and I was happy to pay. We had saved hard for 8 years and had the money. I didn’t want to be party to such shenanigans. As a result the contract was amended on June 28th to reflect this, plus a few other minor work related changes everything was still going ahead as agreed. The Minor changes was to do with the “sunroom” that Everest had to rethink, and re-quote for.

On July 13th the first of the surveyors visited and said to my partner before he walked through the doors, “is that window being done?” Pointing to an arched window, and Said, “we can’t do that love”. My partner text me straight away saying about his dreadfully negative attitude and poor customer service, and he didn’t even perform a survey on the sunroom. The salesman pointed out the the surveyor is “a bit doom and gloom at times” and for my partner to send a complaint in by email and a customer service form. We didn’t bother to do this, because my partner was worried he might have to come back.

On 18th August we received notification that the conservatory would be provisionally booked to be installed on 8th October. On receiving this, I booked a flight home to be there for the installation. At this stage, We still hadn’t heard a single thing about the installation of the windows and doors. My wife and I were calling regularly with no success so I reverted to contacting the salesman through WhatsApp to find out what was going on. On August 1st, more than two months to installation, I was trying to establish what progress had been made regarding the windows and doors. I was told it was with the tech team. We tried to get through to speak with someone at Everest for updates in August and September with no success. On 21st September I text the salesman and asked for an update. Not one person had contacted us. I could literally only get a response from The salesman through text message for updates and information. In one of the many texts I was told that communication is something that has been addressed in the company and it's not only ourselves that were having problems which he added probably wouldn’t make us feel any better, and apparently there's been a big turnover in staff at the call centre.

I’m going to not bore with details of when and how often my wife and I tried to contact Everest to speak to someone from operations but it was a lot, and ending up having to revert back to old fashioned text messages with the original salesman for information and updates. It materialized that there seemed to be a problem for constructing a simple portal frame for the bifold doors to go into the sunroom. Something that is so simple to do, even people at Everest couldn’t believe why the problem existed. Since it was with paramount importance to get the work done by the end of the year, I was getting concerned that the widows and doors wouldn’t be installed in October.

On the 24th September I was told that a local engineer could construct the portal frame within a week. The next day 25th September, I was informed by text that the order had been given to the director because of the trouble it had caused us, and it shouldn’t be a stressful process, especially considering the money we have spent. In the same text we were told that he had spoken to the area manager who decided to get senior management involved, and they were unhappy as they think they are the best but they hadn’t achieved that. He went on to say that the project would not be installed on the 10th October. We were so disappointed. Why. After over 4 months, could a company be so incompetent, as not to be able to do something so easy. Windows and doors and bifold doors. That’s all. We weren’t asking them to build the Eiffel Tower. Just to say up to this point, no one from operations had contacted us whatsoever. All our information and updates were from the one salesman. Can you imagine?

On the 26th September I was told by text that the reason for this was due to one of the companies making the portal frames had pulled out last minute and they are looking for another company to replace them, and now that the director was involved things should get resolved fairly quickly.

Nothing happened. No one contacted us. We tried to get in touch with someone, the only person we were able to talk to from customer services was as frustrated as we were because she couldn’t get any information for us. During one particular conversation on the 2nd October with customer services my partner was told the windows, doors and sunroom contract had been completely cancelled due to the problem with the portal frame and she asked hasn’t anyone got hold of you. Of course nobody had. Not one person from Everest had called us since the contract was signed back in May. We were the ones fighting for scraps of information.

So back to WhatsApp to the salesman to inform him of what we were told. On 3rd October, He informed me by text message that it wasn’t cancelled and the situation has been brought to the attention of every manger and the CEO in relation to operations mistakes, and that operations had been bombarded with emails and calls from his managers and if they don’t call us, he wouldn’t like to be in their shoes. He went on to write that, he was embarrassed with what’s happened and that it was a joke. He wrote that there were certain people in the company that had really let them down and ruined their reputation not to mention causing us and other customers an unbelievable amount Of stress. I’m sorry to say, we were becoming incredibly stressed. We had never experienced such incompetence from any company in all our lives.

The “provisional” installation date of the conservatory was changed from the 8th October to the 10th. I flew back to the UK on the 7th October specifically for this, using two weeks annual leave, anticipating installation of Windows, doors, sunroom and conservatory. By now it was clear that only the conservatory would be installed in October so I came home especially for that.

On 8th October I spoke to operations who called me, but didn’t shed any light on what was going on but would get back to me. shortly after I spoke to the regional manager on the phone. He told us that hand on his heart, in all his career with Everest he had never known Everest let a customer down or treat somebody, the way they have us. That he himself sent out 30 or 40 emails and he’d even sent a grievance complaint to the CEO regarding what operations have done and how we have been treated, and that the only reason operations called me was that the CEO made him do so. He also said that if the windows and doors couldn’t be installed to hold off on the conservatory because obviously everything has to match. He said that if the windows and doors couldn’t be fitted we would be entitled to receive our deposit back because the company has broken the contract. He also added that when all the work is done I should be asking for some kind of compensation for the shoddy customer service and he would help us with that and we could get some recompense for all the nonsense and messing about we have endured. He said he was completely speechless with what has happened. We didn’t want to cancel anything. We didn’t have time. Despite what had gone on. We needed the work done before Christmas.

Then On the Morning of the installation of the conservatory, 10th October, I received a phone call from the installation team to say they won’t be installing the conservatory now, and it was postponed. Apparently the ridge was damaged. We were devastated. Let down yet again. We couldn’t believe it. I came home from the other side of the world and both my partner and I had sacrificed our annual leave for 2018 for nothing. We were mortified and now becoming extremely stressed. A few days later operations called me to say that the sunroom also couldn’t be done. They had run out of ideas. We were between a rock and a hard place and I told them to just deduct the sunroom off the contract and I would find someone else to do it, in order to get things moving. Of course we were not happy and It was now going to cost me more than they reduced the price by and we were very angry and frustrated because if they had told us from the beginning, they couldn’t do it, we would never have gone with Everest. We wanted one company to do the whole job. Conservatory, Windows, doors and sunroom, to benefit from bigger job, better price factor, and of course so everything matches. Materials, style and glass. One company only . We were desperate. We needed the work done so I managed to book a week off in December. So contract reduced. More inconvenience having to find someone else as well to do a simple sunroom.

As this account of our treatment by Everest is becoming long and I’m sure a bit boring for those of you who are still here, I’ll just say from October 11th until now we heard absolutely nothing from the conservatory department. Not a thing despite me leaving messages and calling all people. Nothing. I was speaking to a gentleman from the windows and doors side of the business who was trying to arrange that side of it. He told me he would get someone to call me, to no avail. Eventually on 14th November the operations gentleman called me to say that unfortunately they had supply chain problems with manufacturing certain arched windows they had quoted for, and that the work could not be done until 2019. This they knew was not possible as they knew we were not going to be there. Besides. We have lost all faith in Everest. I wouldn’t want a company this poor erecting my greenhouse never mind touching our home. By this stage after having previously written complaints to customer service, and receiving the obligatory, “has been received, we will get back to you” reply, I decided that enough was enough and We couldn’t go on anymore. I was and I still am suffering a lot of stress and depression due to how we have been treated, as more worryingly to me, has my girlfriend.

I contacted the customer service department and requested our deposits back due to what has, or more accurately, hasn’t happened. This was declined and we were told that we should allow access for them to do the work. That they are willing to go ahead. This would be next year. We are not here next year. In 2019 we are not going to be in the the uk. They knew this in May 2018. We arranged this long time ago. Nothing has happened. I have now filed a smalls claim court proceedings against Everest. Even though I am getting legal advice and told many positive things, if any body has got any further advice or information to help us out, it would be very much appreciated. All we want are our deposits of £6,686 and for Everest to get out of our lives. We are fair and straight people. In 7 months. Nothing has been done. Despite all the messing about by Everest. Buying a ticket Flying to the UK for a cancelled installation and wasting two weeks leave. We just want what is ours back. £6,686. We don’t want extra compensation although everyone we talk to says we should. To tell us that we should let them continue is insulting. I’m depressed. Having to goto court to get our money back is going to cost us money. We will have to fly to the UK for the day to go. Which we will. But all this disruption and extra cost to our lives because of the incredible incompetency of Everest Limited.

On this particular website it mentions that we should record all phone calls. We will regret it if we don’t. Fortunately I have recorded all calls for my personal use. I always do this with companies where details are given, so I don’t have to write things down and for reference. How can these calls be used, and also WhatsApp messages. The legalities. Are there any other good forums such as trust-pilot, etc that I can post our Everest experience, because we genuinely don’t want another family or couple or or anyone suffering how we have, and people should hear about our experience before they give their hard earned money to Everest. It’s been the worst experience of our lives and i don’t want to be dramatic but it’s effecting my health now. I can’t sleep or keep my mind on anything. It’s because I feel like we have been robbed. How can a large company like Everest get away with treating people so badly. I hope that no one else has to suffer like we have.

Thanks for your help in advance and thanks for reading.

And. Please. Avoid using Everest.

On the basis of what you say, you should have no difficulty winning in the Small Claims Court. Please post up your claim form in PDF format so we can see exactly what you have said.

Have they file a defence yet?

Also, have you claim for all your losses – meaning your deposits and any associated expenses?. You should be entitled to recover all of your losses which are a reasonable foreseeable consequence of the contractual breach.

Normally speaking if you are abroad and you made special trips home, they would not be liable for those expenses. On the other hand, if you inform them that you are relying on their undertakings and that you will be making these trips home, then I would have thought that you would have a good case for claiming back those expenses as well.

So, please post up your claim form. Please list out all of the losses you have suffered.

In terms of visiting other websites to post your experience, you will have to rummage around – but it's probably a good idea.

In terms of your call recording, well done on having recorded your calls. Most people don't – even if they are old time members of this forum – for some reason rather they simply don't think that they are ever going to need it – until they do. Then they regret it.

If you have recorded calls without giving notice – and this is the best way – you would not be entitled to publish those recordings on YouTube et cetera but you would certainly be entitled to use them in a court claim if they had relevance at all. For instance, if you found the Everest were denying something and yet you had the evidence to show that they were telling porkies, then you would certainly be in a position to ask the court to receive the call recording into evidence – and I would consider having the call recording either transcribed or at least some good notes be made out of it.

In the customer services guide I believe we have suggested that you should make a log of each call so that you have a summary of the contents of each call recording. If you haven't done that yet then do it now. It's tedious stuff but it's worth doing.

Also, make sure that you've got backup of each recording because you know how it goes – the moment you really need it, you'll find that somebody has press the delete button.

I wouldn't bother to disclose the existence of the recorded calls to Everest at the moment. Wait for them to start giving you contradictory information. Once you have got that from them, then hit them with a rebuttal and tell them that you have got the call recording which shows that they are not telling the truth and that you will put it before the court.

This kind of thing puts a lot of unwanted pressure on companies such as this and you will find that their defence quickly evaporates.

Thanks Bank Fodder. It’s great to know that it can be used in court. As I assume WhatsApp messages and emails can also be. That’s great for us to know this.

Do you mean The claim form for the small claims court?

Today we received a notice of issue from the county county business centre. They said it was sent by first class post on the 11th December and deemed to be served by the 16th December. They have until the 30th to reply.

Do you mean The claim form for the small claims court?

Why, is there another?

No. Only small claims court. I am new here because of Everest. Is it ok to pin the claim form up on a forum? I will just delete my name and address and claim number?

Sorry I’m not very good with computers. I have a picture of the file claim.

There was a maximum Allowed number of words so it’s difficult to really paint the full picture. I hope this helps. Not much in the way of extra information.

claimform.pdf

In regards to all other losses.

Financially, just the deposits and flight tickets at this stage.

The amount of time we have wasted is also very sad.

We sat at home for two weeks for nothing during our annual leave.

Trying to contact Everest and tryouts my to get information from them.

The thought of losing nearly £7,000 which we worked hard for to this terrible company and having to cajole them and fight them all the time.

It’s been a miserable experience for us both that has actually made us depressed.

I’m not exaggerating.

I can’t sleep at nights because of it and my work is going to be affected.

That’s the real cost.

That’s not really quantifiable in money.

I just want our deposits back.

And for Everest to get out of our lives forever.

We can move on and put this dreadful experience behind us.

What is remarkable is how a company who knows how bad it’s treated a customer refuses to give them their money back, after 5 to 6 months of failure.

Failure to produce.

Failure to proceed.

Failure to even just simply communicate, and still believe they are entitled not to give people their hard earned money despite overwhelming evidence and admissions by many of their own people that they themselves have never experienced such shoddy treatment.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

ive done the attachment for you in post 6 and tidied the thread too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well it sounds to me as if you had a dreadful time at the hands of Everest window company.

Although you say that all you want is your outlay back, it might be worth seeing whether you can do a bit better than that. Why not?

Can you please answer the questions as to whether or not they knew that you were making special trips back in order to keep appointments

I notice that you haven't even asked for interest on the money they have had. You could at least have done that.

Answer the questions about your flights please.

I had leave booked from October 7th until October 21st.

This was already booked before we decided to have Everest do the windows.

If Everest had not agreed to do the windows, doors and conservatory in October I definitely wouldn’t have come home.

My girlfriend would have come to where I am working abroad and then, we would have gone on holiday somewhere else from there Instead of sitting at home frustrated and disappointed. It was definitely said that I would be coming back to the UK for the sole purpose of attending the installation.

This was our two weeks off together.

We really wanted a holiday this year but sacrificed it to be in attendance for the installation.

I would not have come back to UK if this was not arranged.

Regarding the interest. And maybe hey for flights, I haven’t even thought about it.

I called the head of customers services and legal at Everest and he talked down to me as if I was a criminal and a bad person.

The way he spoke to me made me feel really angry and so upset, and then he said. “Call me back when you have got legal advice then hung up”, this was the second time that Everest hung up on us, without just cause.

The first time when we were quite justifiably querying why there were two different stories from two different people on the day they called to cancel the installation of the conservatory.

The lady just talked dismissivaly towards me Withour pause, then said thank you.

Goodbye.

Then hung up.

I was gobsmacked.

I felt like I was the nuisance.

I was just completely stunned.

Of course.

I can’t upload the recorded conversations on this website.

It really was recorded for my use and I am aware of what the laws are.

It’s a relief to know that perhaps courts will allow the recordings to be played to establish who is telling the truth.

It may make individuals within these companies think twice about perjuring themselves.

May I ask what the regulations are regarding text messages and WhatsApp messages, and also we have copies of internal emails within Everest actually showing, stating and admitting how badly we have been treated.

Can these be used in a small claims court as well?

dx100uk,honeybee, and BankFodder thank you so much already for your help and support.

It’s great to know that guys and gals like you and groups like this are around looking out for people who are being treated terribly by big companies.

Edited by BankFodder

callsign huh..da-di-da...:madgrin:

oh we love eating people like this for breakfast.

Ted Mould would be turning in his grave if he read this story.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes you certainly can use those email messages and WhatsApp messages in court and also you can reproduce them here if you want.

You could save some of the messages to pdf format and post them up here so we can get an idea of the attitude of Everest glazing company.

In terms of Everest having notice of the fact that you are incurring costs coming back to the UK, it seems from what you say that you have no evidence of this and so I think it would be a tough call.

Let's see what they say in their defence and then I would suggest calculating how much interest there would be on the money you are seeking and seeing if it is worth amending the claim

I posted on Trustpilot last night. This morning I have had an email to say it’s been removed for compliance reasons. It actually referenced http://www.everest.co.uk Interestingly, I never used http://www.everest.co.uk. I didn’t breach their compliance regulations.

I went on to read reviews of trustpilot itself and how it selects what reviews to delete and what to keep. It’s pretty clear to me now, all is not what it seems. :suspicious:

No surprise. Please post the text of the email up here in quotes.

I expect that Everest will file an acknowledgement – but if they fail to do so and if there is no defence, then be poised to apply for a judgment the very moment that their time limit expires. Don't hang around

I expect that Everest will file an acknowledgement – but if they fail to do so and if there is no defence, then be poised to apply for adjustment the very moment that their time limit expires. Don't hang around

This is the email from trust pilot:

Dear Mike,

To make sure the reviews on our platform are of high quality and useful to everyone, we run random automated checks of review patterns. Our software flags reviews consisting of promotional references, marketing material, and / or repeated postings.

Your review of www.everest.co.uk has been flagged by our automated software. This means we’ve removed it from our platform.

If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact our Compliance Team by replying to this email.

You can also find information on how we work with reviews in our Support Center.

Best regards,

Trustpilot Compliance

I expect that Everest will file an acknowledgement – but if they fail to do so and if there is no defence, then be poised to apply for adjustment the very moment that their time limit expires. Don't hang around

BankFodder what do you mean by Everest will file an acknowledgment and applying for adjustment?

From what my partner and I have read on Wikipedia regarding trustpilot, it seems that companies are “allowed to selectively display reviews about them, which may violate certain laws and regulations.” Which is fair enough. However, if a review is substantiated by the reviewer, for companies who “pay trustpilot they can still have the review Removed”.

“Given the company will prefer to keep positive reviews and discard the negative ones, the trustpilot reporting favours removal of negative reviews over positive ones, potentially skewing visible reviews in favour of the company”.

Therefore, Is Trustpilot is an advertising platform rather than an impartial review platform?

Bizarre.

BankFodder what do you mean by Everest will file an acknowledgment and applying for adjustment?

I think you will find he is referring to the Court claim and not Trustpilot.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you will find he is referring to the Court claim and not Trustpilot.

Yes exactly and it should say judgement not adjustment

Sorry that is my dictation software

I see your point Ploddertom. If Everest challenge and it goes to a small claims court and all the facts can be revealed?

One other thing. Everest were unable to do a portion of the work. It was they who admitted it couldn’t be done. so the total contract was reduced by £6,700. My original deposit was based on 15% of the original price. Since they admitted and agreed that they couldn’t do the job, shouldn’t I by default get 15% of £6,700 returned?