style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 278 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if I can ask for some help with a round floor flat....some months later I am finding that the surveyor has neglected to pick up that the basement is a fire trap because there is no means of window escape should there be a fire. Should a surveyor have flagged this up because it does not meet building regulations safety standards.

The walls have been plastered and painted with wrong materials which is now causing damage to the walls and skirting as the paint is not breathable.

Also I was advised that a DPC is required, however now told not to put one in as will make situation worse.

Also the sound proofing is diabolical and my ceiling is showing signs of cracks and nails popping because flat owner upstairs has wooden floor stairs not covered with carpet.

I cant afford to go to a solicitor at the moment so all help and guidance appreciated.

Thank you