intend

Statue barred loan with unclaimed PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 279 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have a loan with Lloyds which have successfully achieved statue barred ststus. It has a significant PPI cost. Should I start a reclaim?

Intend

I think yes, you should claim the PPI.

Of course there will be an attempt to set it off against the amount outstanding on the loan but I'm wondering whether it might be possible to take steps to forestall that.

Is it correct that the loan is still with Lloyds? Have you written to Lloyds and inform them that the loan is statue barred? Have you looked at CONC 7? I would suggest that you write to Lloyds and inform them that the loan is statue barred and draw their attention specifically to CONC 7 and make it clear to them that any attempt to recover the loan or to demand payment would be unlawful.

Have they written to you during the last six years?

You can claim but I am surprised that Bankfodder wants to do it on your behalf? The PPI claimed will probably be used to pay any outstanding balance on the loan.

Notice of assignment from Lloyds Nov 2013 to 1st Credit, the August 2015 they advised reassigned to Lloyds. Last payment 2011. Have not written to Lloyds.

Will need to check details of correspondence over last years as well as check out my old thread. Have not looked at CONC 7 but will do.

Thanks for the response.

Intend

You can claim but I am surprised that Bankfodder wants to do it on your behalf? The PPI claimed will probably be used to pay any outstanding balance on the loan.

Sorry, that was my dictation software and my poor annunciation plus my lack of attention to the final result which caused me to post an offer to claim the PPI on behalf the OP.

I've corrected it now.

Apologies for the misunderstanding – and thank you to Surfer01 for pointing it out

Sorry, that was my dictation software and my poor annunciation plus my lack of attention to the final result which caused me to post an offer to claim the PPI on behalf the OP.

I've corrected it now.

Apologies for the misunderstanding – and thank you to Surfer01 for pointing it out

No problem. I suspected as much. LOL! :-D

is the loan still owed by Lloyds or sold to a DCA?

if they latter they yes reclaim it using our help

if its owned by Lloyds and there is an outstanding balance then it will simply be offset...not worth the aggro.

statute barring only stops court enforcement in E&W, if the original credit still owns it, then they CAN offset legally as the debt still exists on their books.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

I thought the interest could not be offset - this could be a substantial amount.

is the loan still owed by Lloyds or sold to a DCA?

if they latter they yes reclaim it using our help

if its owned by Lloyds and there is an outstanding balance then it will simply be offset...not worth the aggro.

statute barring only stops court enforcement in E&W, if the original credit still owns it, then they CAN offset legally as the debt still exists on their books.

dx

Notice of assignment from Lloyds Nov 2013 to 1st Credit, the August 2015 they advised reassigned to Lloyds

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

means Lloyds still own it.

looking at your other thread..

what did you actually have refunded ,,,have you ever had anything refunded with regard to this loan..and what happened to it..off the balance or to your pocket?

AFAIK Lloyds haven't sold any debts on since 2015 now,

I know someone that had 4 cards and 2 od current accounts.

they were all sold to various dca's but are now all back under Lloyds and can be viewed on his Lloyds webportal.

all are statute barred.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I thought the interest could not be offset - this could be a substantial amount.

Not sure if this will work forum wont allow me to attach at the moment.

http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=5623

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes it works andy

and that was a very important decision years ago.

just incase intend doesn't understand it....

they can only offset the loan PPI against any outstanding balance on that loan only.

it being statute barred...is sadly immaterial in E&W if Lloyds own the loan debt which looks probable.

intend you can double check this by logging into your Lloyds webportal.

spreadsheets 

Lloyds still own the debt, nothing refunded, statute barred as unable to provide an agreement and not paid or acknowledged since 2011. Guess I need to go down the route suggested by Bankfodder before reclaiming. Might try a reclaim as nothing to lose.

Focus on packaged account reclaim in near future.