CEL ANPR PCN claimform - no permit -Fox restrnt Connault Hse Hotel Lynx way Lon E16 1JR ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes you must file and serve it otherwise your defence will be struck out.

A1 = No

D1 = Your Local County Court.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy, just filled it out and will send both tomorrow to CEL and courts.

Much appreciated, have a good evening. 

I'm sorry, just another question - When serving this for CEL, do I just photocopy the form N180 and send it, or does defence have to be included also?

Thanks 

Why photocopy ...use the link I have provided above and print three copies after completion on your PC/Tablet etc. No you dont send a copy of your defence with a Directions Questionnaire ...they have already have copy of your defence when you submitted it and served a copy on the claimant.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

just remember don't give CEL your pers details on their copy 

remove email/phone/sig

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,

I have received a letter on Tuesday dated 26 Oct that my case has been transferred to my chosen court for allocation and judge will allocate the claim and give directions.

Now, last night I have received a letter form courts also dated 26 Oct that says following:

The defendant, you have been sent notice of proposed allocation to track which specified the date by which you were required to return the directions questionnaire. You have failed to file the directions questionairre with the CCBC by the date specified in the notice.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

The defendant must file the questionnaire on or before 7 days from service of this order with CCBC via post, via document exchange, or via email @...

If the defendant does not comply with this notice your defence/counterclaim will automatically be struck out without further order of the court, subject to the claimant having complied with this order, the claimant will be at liberty to enter judgement.

Right... so I have sent out the questionnaire, but I guess it never arrived, or it arrived late (I have proof of sending receipts).

Now my question is

today is 31st, and I have 2 more days for letter to reach courts.

I will send this out first class special delivery today.

Would that be the correct thing to do, or its best to send them via an email and explain that I was on holiday, thus my questionnaire was not delivered in time due to letter arriving while I was away, or is there another option that is faster I do not know about?

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

just resent the N180's out by email to the court and royal mail to CEL

no to mediation

1 wit you

the rest is obv

no need for email/sig/phone on CEL's copy

but if you've got the N157 today?

then they must have gotten your N180?

why not ring and check

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you Andy/DX. I should have called them to check myself, sorry for wasting your time. It was indeed court error. My N180 was received on the same day as the letter got sent out. No need to send it again :)

Thanks and I will be putting my time in preparations to this case. 

• 3 weeks later...

District Judge has considered the statements of case and directions questionnaire filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track on 13th January 2020 for 1 hour. 

Claimant has by 16th December 2019 pay the court trial fee or file a properly completed application, otherwise the claim will be struck out with effect from 16th December. 

I have a few questions if possible to get an answer from anyone please. 

The following directions apply to this claim:

1. It says that each party must deliver to the other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing no later than fourteen days before the hearing. 

My understanding this will my witness statement, images of the parking area, out of time sent NTK documents. Is this correct? What else am I not thinking about? 

2. I have to leave country for important work trip from 10th to 19th of January 2020. Is there anything I can do to postpone this case since its booked for 13th January? 

Thanks!

yes ring the court and get it moved

directions might stay the same though for fee/WS exchange mind.

dx

dx

and they

I have to leave country for important work trip from 10th to 19th of January 2020.

Did you not enter the above dates on the DQ as dates to avoid ?

Andy

no, they have the powers to change the date unilaterally but clealry dont want to.

I would write to the court telling them you are out of the country on business at your employers command on that date and that it will cost you £4000 to travel back for the hearing and would they ask the claimant if  they are happy footing that bill just because the court wont use its powers to postpone things for a week ( or however long).

You should send a copy to the claimant as well so they know that they are in for a huge bill when they lose.

CEL wont want to turn up anyway so it might be enough to kill the claim.

If they dont agree then you remind them about the costs issue.

Lay it on with a trowel.

If the costs arent currenty that high check with an airline how much they charge for a standby ticket and you will see that they are

Now write and email the court and explain.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Update: I have done as Eric suggested, however have had no response yet from courts.

Good news is that I received a letter from CEL last night and it states that the claimant discontinues proceedings for the whole of this claim! 

Looks like they got a bit scared of the bill :) I will double check with courts today to ensure this is true. 

Again, this is 2/2 cases I have won against CEL with CAG help!!!! Thank you to everyone involved and I have one more to fight! 

Great stuff, is always best practice to check with the court, PPCs have a nasty habit of saying have discontinued but carry on.  Interestingly I wonder what would happen if they went ahead, after sending the letter and victim presents the letter of discontinuance to the court after a default?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Andyorch changed the title to CEL ANPR PCN claimform - no permit -Fox restrnt Connault Hse Hotel Lynx way Lon E16 1JR ***Claim Discontinued***

Thread title updated...we would much prefer a donation though :wink:

Andy

• Like 1