• Tweets

• I am wondering if anyone can help me or direct me to a template letter. My daughter received a court letter,  she opened it not even checking who it was addressed to. It was addressed to a male who she has never heard of and was a letter detailing sexual offences  and giving a date for a court appearance! She was horrified that someone was using her address and rang the police who told her to ring the court. The police said that they may visit her to check that he doesn't live there, even though she told them that she lives with her son and has done for 10 years. We have googled the offenders name and have no clue who he is or why he has chosen my daughters address. What we do kno3w is that he is a serial offender. My daughter is going to write to the court but she's  very worried. Clearly the man will not be at court as he hasn't got the letters! a warrant will be issued and she is worried that she will come home from work to find her door kicked in. My grandson is only 10 and obviously she's concerned for him too. Any advice would be appreciated
    • One option could have been to open a  not as described case.  but you might have ended up with an automated return label and automated refund. : ? (another karma issue)   ( just to note: that hyper link in my message above is created automatically by this forum . i can not remove it)
    • hello   I was involved in an unpleasant incident at a company which I spotted was a regular thing happening there. It was not nice for me as I was mildly allergic, and I knew that it could have an even more negative reaction in some people. and so I had to do something to stop it.   I did not want to be aggressive in my response. I just said it was not malicious and tried to be helpful and reasonable, as there was risk of the same thing happening again to others, I was very helpful.   I was 'eventually' assured it would not happen again.   I thought I might be eligible for some form of compensation. They would not send me their policy’s when I asked.They would not discuss compensation funds. But they asked for my address and sent me a surprise gift, a rather large package of alcohol  beverages which most people would be overly happy about. Unfortunately  I cannot consume Alcohol.  I am old enough,  although, they did not check ID. I used cash at the company, no cards Although I did state my age by email.   It is hard to return a gift, it pulls on the heart strings.  But I politely said thank you very much, but I cannot consume alcohol due to my beliefs and please may I return the package and asked for a voucher or perhaps suggest something else.   They politely said to offer the alcohol to someone who could enjoy it and thanks for all the help.   Can anyone give any thoughts on this? Was I wrong to ask for the return of the package?   Thank you very much.    
    • That may well be the case as part of their T&Cs...which also states you have to pay £300 +VAT cancellation fee.....but you dont have any legal right as your LTD Company and not a Consumer..you dont have protection of the Consumer Rights Act.
    • Oh I didn’t know that. Any idea what those thresholds are? Also, what could they contest - the amount you’re claiming for?(as they couldn’t contest that they have infringed GDPR)
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

Hi,

Ashamed and embarrassed to even be writing this but I made a big mistake / choice a few days ago.

I was in Primark and was looking for Xmas gifts. I had one large item and 5 smaller items. As far as what I was thinking I really have no idea. I had several bags in my hands at the time and between queuing and paying 2 of the smaller items ended up in one of the bags I was carrying.

I didn't think anything of it as I was leaving the store as I genuinely just paid what they asked for, picked up my items and left. I was then called back by security who checked my bag and found the 2 small items (£1 each). I was then called back into the store and they took my details (on a form) and took a photocopy of my driving licence.

No police were called (can they be called retrospectively), no mention of a letter / charge / fine, nothing given to me by them at all. I was however banned from the store for a year and unsure whether this means my local store or all?

I have read through pretty much all threads and seen all the guidance to ignore any letters, I just wonder whether I will get any really.

I would really appreciate some guidance and advice specific to the above if you don't mind. Needless to say I will be a lot more careful and forthcoming in future. I feel terrible about the entire thing.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

Until we know more about what Primark and RLP will do in regard of whether you will get the begging letters or not depends on Primark. Personally, I wouldn't bother with a couple of quids worth when a store ban is punishment enough however, I can't see what goes on the minds of security.

It's a case of wait and see what happens. As they were not clear about the store ban, I would go into other branches and stay away from that one (or put on fake glasses and a funny nose)

No point really going over why you did it just don't do it again, mistake/choice or not

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your response,

Appreciate it. I think my concerns are anything else appearing off the back of it i.e police, records etc for something I don't feel I did intentionally as such although I didn't come forward so I guess that is the same thing really!

Overall really ashamed and annoyed with myself but would just like some clarity on what people feel may happen so I can prepare for it I suppose.

Thanks again

The police will NEVER become involved, especially for tiny amounts like this so don't worry about that at all. The only issue you 'may' have is if RLP contact you. You thn have to learn how to interpret letters into their true meaning but that's what we are here for.

Don't stress the small stuff

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

yea please do letter have a good laugh

we've seen them all before but their powerless drivel always makes us smile

if you browse a few like threads here

you'll see the exact letters you'll get

so will be able to not panic when you get them and scan them for us then use them for hamster bedding or alike.

dx

- - - Updated - - -

as for being banned. they don't circulate picture so just sty out of that store for a month or two.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Thanks for the guidance.

Will be sure to upload the letters and keep you updated.

Put my mind at ease a little, lesson learnt!

I just worried this would effect every casm of my already troublesome life!

Thanks

Whilst I don't see RLP getting involved (due to the small amount) I am happy to be proved wrong and I absolutely welcome letters from RLP. Just reading them makes my day.

Before uploading, ensure that you remove all traces of your details and any reference numbers.

Life sucks at times (been there- got the T shirt) but this one should add 0.0000% to them. :madgrin:

what does 0% equal?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Nothing haha

Just worried, dont want anything to come of it ... dont want it to effect my employment (& future employment) particularly!

Thanks

it cant..don't get had

read our threads here on RLP CAREFULLY!!

PDF please so we can zoom

read upload

but that's a letter we have several exact copies of here already.

one of their STD templates