Xercise4less...Harlands Harassment (Chasing money)

Silo0o
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

-I joined the gym on the 18th of April 2017 on an 11-month contract.

-I tried to cancel my membership around August/September 2018. (17-18 months of paying)

-The harlands online cancellation system kept popping up with errors when I tried to cancel.

-I cancelled the direct debit as the online form was not working.

-I received an email from Harlands on the 25th of September telling me that I was to reinstate my DD.

-I responded and let them know that I had not been to that particular gym for over a year and that I had tried to cancel but it did not work.

-I then received an email in October informing me that on top of the original membership fee charge of £9.99, they would be rounding it up to £34.99 due to an "administration fee".

- Now they have rounded this up to £104.97 in total.

- I would happily pay the £9.99 for the 1 month I missed.

-So this cycle is going to keep going on and on as you cannot cancel membership if you have cancelled the dd.

After reading on this forum for some time I have realised that they are not a very nice Company, however, any advice that you could give would be massively appreciated. I am an apprentice who makes no money whatsoever, so being asked to pay one-sixth of my paycheck before Christmas is appaling.

Silo0o

stuff and all they can do.

ideally what you should have done is allowed ONE £9.99 membership charge to be taken after you cancelled the membership

however as we know and you do now, their system is designed purposefully to fail cancellation attempts.

WRITE [NOT EMAIL] to the GYM, cancel the membership.

WRITE to Harlands as per any slick132 letter you've seen here..offering ONE £9.99 monthly membership fee but no additional unfair charges in settlement of the debt..then IGNORE THEM, should they not accept the offer.

there is nothing they can do, but try and be greedy.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Silo and welcome to CAG

Don't fret about this at all and don't be tempted to respond to any of Harlands demands or threats for now.

Before you do anything, let us know what gym this is about.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Silo,

The vast majority of complaints about Harlands/CRS are related to X4Less gym m/ships so there's a huge amount of advice in this forum that will help you.

As DX says, you need to offer Harlands just £9.99 (one month's fee) for the notice you failed to give. When they fail to accept your offer, just ignore them and keep a log of all forms of contact from them in case a Harassment Complaint is needed.

See the letter to Harlands here and adapt it to reflect your own case - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?485548-just-another-Harlands-thread&p=5103959&viewfull=1#post5103959

Keep it super-short and send by post and keep the free Certificate of Posting from the PO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)