PCM windscreen PCN - residential parking Capstan Drive RM13 (NTD and NTK on 35 day)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, Mrs Homer's friend is getting squeaky about paying this and wants to pay or appeal to the IAS so the 'procedure' has been followed should they take it to court.

Having read their rejected appeal letter it states that if you appeal to the IAS their discount is withdrawn and the RK will have to pay the full amount - surely that's not legal?

Is there any harm in appealing to the IAS as long as it states the same as the original appeal (no RK liability)?

I know it's pointless.

that is why we say ignore the kangaroo court that is the IAS.

try and persuade your friend that the more they try and resolve this the more the parking co just see them as a mug who can be fleeced as long as they put enough pressure on.

You know the form from the other thread here.

Being IPC members they are more likely to try their luck at court becuse Will and John supposedly do a sort of no win no fee deal that ISNT the same as Champerty and Maintenance cos that is illegal and the parking world's greatest solicitors have no need of risking their reputation by doing anything unlawful, untruthful or immoral.

I also belive they are available for panto next season.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

A good reason for not appealing to the IAS (apart from the fact that it will be rejected), is that should PCM decide to take this to Court they will have their "independent" appeal rejection to wave in front of the judge. So yes, appealing can be harmful.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Mrs Homer's friend has received the attached threatogram from PCM and wants to respond to point out they are writing to Mr X when there is no Mr X and the RK of the vehicle is Mrs X.

I have told her any communication with these people is pointless but she is unerved by their threats.

Is there any point in her writing to them and pointing out their error?

NTK chase letter 28_01_2019 redacted.pdf

May if but pointless

Let them issue a claim in the wrong name then and ignore it!!

Ignore them how many more times.......

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Let them issue a claim in the wrong name then and ignore it!!

Hi DX, I did say that in an earlier post but one of the regulars advised it would make no difference if the claim was in the name of Mr rather than Mrs as it was a small error.

mr does not exist ..nothing to answer against in court,

as post 14

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A court claim has to be accurate as to the title, name and surname of a defendant.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

and if the claim does come, because theres nobody of that name, then you dont respond to it. The court claim may go through court, but theres nothing to tie it to. If bailiffs etc try calling, you just show a council tax statement that the person isnt there. You dont talk about the claim form, as you would drop yourself in it for opening someone elses mail.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the sooner you stop them from corresponding at all with these bandits the better as she will only drop herself in it by ciontinuing to try and sort this out when they aret interested in the truth, fairness or anything else other than her money.

Respond to this and they will just change the next letter, keep quiet and they are stuffed when it comes to the next move.

Sometimes though people are their own worst enemies becuase when they dotn understand somehting they think that no-one else does either so wont take advice. be prepared to walk away from this if she wont see sense.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos
  • Like 1

Looks like you have done all you can, some people like EB says cannot be helped so have to take the fall to learn the lesson.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Oh yes they are!

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Mrs Homer's friend has received this and it's made her very nervous.

I've told her it's the usual threatogram from a powerless Debt Collector but as usual she thinks we should reply.

Is it worth sending anything to say "debt is denied, no RK liability, refer to your client" or not?

Also I notice they are still writing to Mr X XXX who does not exist - it should be Mrs X XXX

PCN DCA letter 21_02_2019.pdf

Edited by Homer67
additional info

well if he doesn't exist they wont find him.

and they

That's what I said DX but obviously it's just a title error on their behalf and Mrs X XXXX does exist and is the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Someone said if they went all the way and issued a summons the Court would dismiss the error as minor so it couldn't be used to say no case to answer.

only the PPC can do that

not some powerless DCA, trace agent or paper solicitor.

and they

It always annoys me that they tell such lies in their letters to try to frighten their victims and seemingly with complete impunity. Mrs O'Frog's BS detector provides the correct interpretation below:

1. "Our client is now assessing cases" - scratching their heads or picking fluff out of their navels.

2. "Should we take this action it will result in" - oh, so no "may", "might", "maybe", "perhaps" - I wonder if they have next week's lottery numbers too?

3. "Further solicitor charges being added to your balance" - nope, can only recover the amount on the ntk from the keeper under POFA ( + max £50 for somebody to attend court on the day)

4. "Court costs being added to your balance" - so that'll be the £25 filing fee, not £000's they hope you'll worry about

5. "County Court Judgement (CCJ)" - well of course it will. You go to court, the judge makes a decision who's right and who's wrong, that's called a judgement. It could be against you OR the judgement could be to dismiss the claim. Think of the judge as a football referee. You make a tackle, your opponent claims he was fouled, do you just pass them the ball and give up or wait for the referee to blow his whistle?

6. "We urge you to consider the consequence...… seriously affect your ability to obtain credit" - So if they take you to court if they actually go through with it if you lose and the judge says you need to pay them (approx. £200) if you're daft enough not to pay them within a month you're allowed, then (and only then) you will get a black mark on your credit file.

7. "We would of course prefer to resolve this matter" - so we get our commission

8. "PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER - we really, really want our commission

I understand Mrs H is getting twitchy and thinks that a quick letter will have them apologising for bothering her and trotting off politely, but that's not how they make a living, they're strictly PBR.

In any event, she should ask herself this, if she was determined to write to them despite what everyone advises- if "somebody" did reply to them would it be Mrs C Homer, thereby tipping them of to their error, or the non-existent Mr C Homer thereby deliberately misleading them :???:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Superb Mrs O'Frog, These PPC's need reining in. Shame a Judge does;t get fed up and tolchock Gladdy's and BW legal for all the spurious mainly spoof claims they clog the Courts with, also it should be a criminal offence to call these Invoices "FINES" and a Paper or other medium that refers to them as FINES should be taken to court and FINED for giving fake information.

just to add another little pointer, it is against te DCA's code of Practice to threaten things like knackerimg your credit or bankruptcy as a menas of pressuring you to pay up. They know this but as no=-one is going to chuck them in prison for it they will carry on regardless.

Let them earn their £15 sending out taradiddles ans ignore all of them, thye ahve no powers to do anything ar all despite some of their more ludicrous claims when you do play letter tennis with them.

the other thing you should ask yourself is whne did you sign a credit agreeemtn with these bandits that allows them to add unicorn food tax to the original bill? they are not bailiffs so cnat add a bean to the debt but again they rely on your ignoance to make you think they have some powers they dont.

Edited by ericsbrother
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Mrs Homer's friend has received another scary DCA letter and is again quaking in her boots at the thought of being taken to court and having to hand over her children in lieu of payment.

Can you run your eyes over the attached letter and tell me what you think please?

PCN_DCA_letter_redacted_08_03_2019.pdf

A dca cannot do court 

they do not own the debt

its says our client then may instructed etcetc

LbA from sols is the only letter we need to here about if if if one ever comes........

• Thanks 1

and they