Euro Parking Services - NTD Ashted Lock, Dartmouth Middleway, Birmingham, B7 4AZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

snotty insulting letter time

in many threads here already

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no the snotty insulting letter.

yes insult them

there are numerous such responses here

use the search CAG box of the top read toolbar

write to gladstones BW

or alike

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm awful at being insulting - how about this?

Dear Sirs/Madams,

In response to your “Letter before Court Action” sent to me dated the 3rd January, 2019, I was not born yesterday, and will not be paying your demand.

There is no liability in this matter, as the signage is prohibitive, and not an offer of contract, so no contract has been breached.

In any case, the Protections of Freedom Act limits any charge to the specified sum, so your demand of £160 is complete and utter nonsense.

I suggest that you discontinue this action, as any further action will result in cost, rather than gain for yourselves, and I would be minded to claim the breach of the DPA that was the result of you obtaining my keeper details without good cause to do so.

Faithfully yours[/Quote]

Feel free to spice it up for me a bit! :)

that'll do for me.

either send it now

or await the Gladstone letter of claim.

and they

are you mad!!

print only

and they

So they try and say thats a LBA. Wonder if they know they have to send a proper Pre action pack. Not just a simple letter. Even if theyre trying to send it to gladdys, who are woefully inept.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They hope the victim is so scared by the letter that they will pay up ASAP, so don't want to waste the paper on a proper pack. Time these PPC's, Gladdys and BW legal were put out of business.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

never tell a parking co what is wrong with their duff paperwork, you use that when and if they sue you. they will ahve chucked away another £50 then and it will be too late for them to try and correct their errors.

As for the bill going up to £160, ask yourself when did you sign a credit agreement with them?

you didnt respond as the driver they have to rely on the POF to create a keeper liability and so the bill is £100 at most. They know this but like all of the other parking co's once someone gets away with a higher charge they all go for it.

The BEAVIS decision said that £80 wasn't unconscionable, not that it was a minimum so within a week they were all charging £80 and then within 6 months £100. The trade associations are in effect a cartel but as it is only motorist who are being clobbered then that is OK by the govt

• 2 weeks later...

Received 2x NTK today. Both are for ones where there was a NTD attached to windscreen - although one wasn't reported on here (I have the original tickets if they're needed)

Seems both of them were sent at the same time. Curious to see that they've mentioned a NTD on the front of the page, but also a Notice to Hirer (????) on the reverse.

Sorry about the quality - files compressed so I could upload - let me know if you need the uncompressed versions and how best to share

NTK-20181204-redacted-compressed.pdf

NTK-20181210-redacted-compressed.pdf

they just couldnt be bothered to get someone to write them a separate letter.

Now have they still made the error with the places the vehicle was parked? if so that will be enough to sink a claim.

You can ask the DVLA who has obtained your keeper detaisl and why and if they havne tmade 2 enquiries then again you have them over procedure.

Do you have any clear images of the signage? From the google street view, it looks like they're using this same sign in all locations:

Mentions nothing about permits. The apparently violation in the NTK isn't on the signage. You were pre-authorised so it doesn't matter.

Small point, in the IAS COP, it states:

(A)11.2. You must ensure your company stationery and all other forms of correspondence or communication do not describe any charge which may be issued to a driver in terms that imply you have any authority as defined above by use of such words as ‘fine’ or ‘penalty’, nor must the term ‘PCN’ be used unless it has been previously defined as

reference to a ‘Parking Charge Notice’.

They never mentioned "Parking Charge Notice" before the first "PCN".

Also, they bodged up the appeals section on the NTK, as it says you can't appeal as they've already sent a notice to the hirer (?!)

3ktLWCe.png

The IAS never follow their own CoP when making their determinations ( see the post about Attleborough amd 1 min stop) so I wouldnt be considering appealing on this. as Always, save it for IF they fancy their chances at court and slap them in your response to thier LBA with these uncomfortable truths. It will at least get you a full costs recovery order if they are stupid enough to want to waste their mioney on a claim.

Signage next to car can be found in my other thread for another at the same location

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?490804-Euro-Parking-Services-NTK-No-ANPR-quot-Ashted-Lock-Dartmouth-Middleway-Ashted-Lock-Way-Birmingham-B7-4AZ&p=5162333&viewfull=1#post5162333

Still the wrong location (lot down the road) listed, however, they've not sent one for the ticket they issued for a completely different location.

From the letter, they've a number next to my name, which is the same as in other instances - so I'd be surprised if they have even contacted the DVLA more than once.

Is it worth firing off a SAR to DVLA regarding these?

Edited by dx100uk
merge
  • Haha 1

if they have relied on the keeper details after the first one for the other ticket they will have dropped themsleves in the doodoo.

You can simply claim that you sold the car the next day and they wont have any evidence they contacted the keeper so no liability created and that applies to anyone, even the driver.

they cant just send out random demands and hope that someone passes the letter on.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

this id the point of the POFA and keeper liability. they have to jump through all of the hoops or there is no keeper liability. So yes in theory you could have sold the car to your son and bought it back a week later. all perfectly legal and if the seciond ticket was issued when he owned the car they ahvent written to the keeper so no liability whatsoever created between them and you.

judges rarely ask questions or put it to any proof on things like that, if the parking co gets it wrong then the judge rarely interferes, it isnt their job to prosecute the parking co's case for them

• 2 weeks later...

Have had a response from the DVLA - as attached.

Seems they did request for them - but also made 2 requests for the same day? I presume one of those was the YMCA Erdington ticket - which someone must've actually reviewed for me to not have had a threatogram about....

Scan_20190205_100123 redacted.pdf

Looks as if they have done their enquiries correctly. Yes two enquiries were made on the same day but their alleged breaches occurred on different days. In addition they appear to have issued two tickets on the same day but asked for your address on different dates.

Interesting that you had an alleged breach on the 23rd October which presumably was not a windscreen ticket since they asked the DVLA for your details the day after the event.