• Tweets

• It seems to me that you could probably apply for judgement on 30 October. However it's a good idea to keep on checking regularly to see if it is permitted before then. As soon as it allows you, do it.
    • Deemed service on a company is two days after issue. Deemed service on a litigant in person is five days after issue – unless something has changed. I've already said that proposing to send further particulars is generally speaking unnecessary and only complicates matters as you are finding out. However as you have indicated that you are sending further particulars, send them further particulars and simply state in the body of the particulars that you have nothing to add to the particulars of claim contained in the original claim form at this moment. Send that straightaway so that when you apply for judgement you can click the box and say that yes you have done that. It might not have been fatal not to have informed them that it was a laptop – but it is better that you did and the important thing is that they had been told of the item and of the value at the time that you entered into the delivery contract. I think that you will find that laptops are one of their prohibited items – along with almost everything else in the world
    • *Update* turns out Capquest bought the debt from Phoenix Recoveries. We now have a reference number for our solicitor to use. 
    • Ah I thought you meant in the actual MCOL claim, in the ebay listing yes, in the PackLink compensation claim yes as well, in the MCOL claim I made no mention aside from the value of the item.   and just an update:   I am able to request a judgement from the two separately.   The claim was issued on the 13th, plus 5 days and another 14 days = 1st Nov my guess (not accounting for business days)   This was also added:    
    • Okay, so what you have to do is you have to take the money you paid to the garage which I understand is £2000. You've gotta consider that the value of the labour they put in was completely wasted because you had to have the turbo taken out and then refitted – is this correct? However, the turbo itself was useful to you and so you should be required to pay for the cost of the turbo. If this is correct and you have independent evidence that the turbo had been incorrectly fitted then you should sue them for the balance. This means that you have to find out the cost of a turbo – was it an original or was it a pattern part? Anyway, you have to find out the cost of the turbo and deduct that from the £2000 and that should be the value of your claim unless you can tell us of any other losses which you have reasonably incurred as a result of their poor workmanship. Let us know
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 223 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Lots of good ideas 👍

My issue with the council is they claim not to have power to do anything apart from write a nice letter 🤬 

An ABSO would be ideal. I have provided them with photographic evidence of all I have mentioned, they can to my home for a meeting and seemed to be scratching their heads 🤔

Wanting to go along a resolution route to hear for the other idiot, with no consequence as a result?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note

Hi all   I am pleased to let you know I've heard no more.   Its eight weeks since my reply was delivered, although it took the idiot a week to go collect it from the post office as w

You might want to read up on the Information Commisioner's information on domestic CCTV, Eddie.   https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

I Another thing you can do to screw his cameras is to shine a decent power laser into them to knock the auto calibration of the system. At night you can sellotape down the buttons on an old IR remote and leave that pointing at the camera so he just sees a flashing light all night.

Ha! I never knew that! Great idea ericsbrother. It's not a problem I've got now but if I ever do in the future I shall remember it 😁  (Although thinking about it lining up an IR remote so that it points in exactly the right place is probably more difficult than it sounds?)

Edited by Ethel Street
  • 3 weeks later...

Do any of you know what counts as harassment?

The parking is still happening, possibly not enough over to get a ticket but enough to cause inconvenience.

Whenever I have unfortunate event of being outside the properties at the same time, the idiot stares at me, I am guessing trying to intimidate.

There is a bit on the police website about harassment and stalking which lists 'staring' interestingly.

Any advice please?

then try and take it up witht eh police base on their website procedures and using the photographic evidenec of continual obstructive parking etc. if you dotn ahve a raft of pictures then you have missed an opportunity. Keep on at the council highways people about the parking, they may send a CEO round to issue another ticket or two f the bloke didnt get the others cancelled by a proper appeal

• 2 months later...

Update on this one.

The neighbour has fitted two more cameras, the most annoying is almost inbetween the two properties, not far off gutter height, for one keeps making a chiming sound and is pointing at the back of the idiots cars, where it is always parked over our drive, but not enough for parking control to issue a ticket!

Bascially, three coppers said they have no power and were not interesting in the CCTV, then to my amazment one raised a number and asked an officer to visit. I had, the most useless, pcso go out, look at the camera for 30 seconds, knock the door, idiot wasnt there, went back the next day, in the day time!!! and then called me to say there is nothing they can do.

This camera has activated and chimied when I got into my car in my own front garden. It also chimed at my neighbour across the road when she got into her car. It also seems to chime randonly, including through the night and has woken me up before, grrr! TThis to me proves it is picking up and recording the path and street too.

Can any suggest what I can do? ICO?

I also made a list of all the things the idiot has done and emailed it to a copper, who must have spent a good hour advising why the coppers wont do anything about this and that it doesnt amount to harrassment!

Cheers

E!

fix up some small lights to shine directly at the cameras, ideally with a strobe. The other thing you can do if they are motion activated is to set up a small weather vane type decoration with a small motor attached and set the thing off at all off hours via a timer.

Unless you can prove harassment and gte an ASBO type order all you can do is thngs like this.

I take it you dont have hundreds of pictures of obstructive parking yet though?

Thanks, but its easier said than done!

Oh yes, loads, but the police say parking isn't a criminal thing and just wont accept all these things add up to harassment 😡

I would consider EB's ideas if it were my problem.

Could a way to approach this be via the privacy angle if he's filming your property? Remind us please if you've involved the council or just the police so far.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Maybe, but often when the things activates it makes a chiming noise which wakes us up, grrrr

Yes, council don't want to know as claim have no power as private homes and police are pretty much the same, total joke!

Not really, it can be random. Sometimes when nothing there, and then doesnt make the noise everytime we are in garden,

I have just filled in the ICO form and it then says:

Please note: in most CCTV-related disputes between neighbours, the ICO will not consider it appropriate or proportionate to take enforcement action against the CCTV user.

If you cannot resolve the issue with the CCTV user, you may wish to pursue a private claim in the courts under the data protection laws. If you are considering taking legal action, we recommend you first get independent legal advice.

🤨

Edited by NGEddie

but with enough evidence you can get a court order to clip his wings.

Injunctions are rarely the end of matters as they usually require a "next step" but they can be phrased in such a way that repition of a certain action will bring about the wrath of the court upon the transgressor.

you can do this for yourself but you may be better off using your household insurance legal cover if you have it.

he will have to pay costs if order is granted so get the evidnce compiled and LOTS of pictures of the parking from lots of dates.

You can also make a complaint to the local govt ombudsman about the council's lack of care over this as well

• 1 month later...

An update on this, for unknown reasons the parking is happening again.

Lets forget all the other things as the police and council are a total waste of time!!! and the house insurance didnt seem to want to cover the parking thing.

Without resorting to something which is going to get me in trouble, as far as I can tell there are two options.

1. Buy a crap but really long vehicle, park it outside the idiots house, tax/mot'd/insured and leave it there indefinatley. This means they cannot park outside own place or keep obstructing us. Then if does park over ours it would be fully blocking and the police and parking enforcement would have to issue tickets and some sort of acrtion.

2. Go with advice you gave about court, but really, how much time and effort is this? is it going to cost me? and what are possibles of a good outcome?

First photo shows all the room to left outside idiots own property and how purposley parks this far back to the right over ours to make it difficult getting in and out.

Second is close up showing bumper fully over sloping kerb, but wheel isnt go no authority interested.

Please let me know your thoughts.

E!

idiot 2.jpg

Idiot1.jpg

1 it is the bumper of the car that determines whether or not there is an infringement, not the wheels.

2 how keen are you at actually solving this becasue nothing is for nothing.

You are leaning on an open door ericsbrother, I totally agree!

The parking enforcement team claim legislation says it has to be the wheel over and have been out several times, assessed and not issued a ticket, annoying!

Is there anything official which states this? i have searched but cannot locate😕 

I very much want it sorted, as please say otherwise, but am sure this is wrong!

From the council...

The Government legislation we refer to is Section 86 of the Traffic Management Act 2004, specifically in your circumstances:

·   (iii) assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge

More details of which can be found on the following link: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/18/section/86

As a local authority, vehicles that are parked close to the dropped kerb but not physically preventing a vehicle from coming or going will not fall under the criteria of the contravention and a penalty will not be issued in such circumstances.

🤔

I note you are avoiding the second question

Go and see a lawyer who offers a free 15 minute or half hours session and see what they say. If you have a good few bob you can solve this fairly easily but like all things it takes time or you make mistakes

Not avoiding it. I'd be happy to do whatever solves it, just baffled that laws are created but no-one wants to enforce them!

I've spent £000's having drive done, kerb etc... Then you get some 🤬 who purposely does this!

As a prediction, how would this work?