Help - LB A/C advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lots of good ideas 👍

My issue with the council is they claim not to have power to do anything apart from write a nice letter 🤬 

An ABSO would be ideal. I have provided them with photographic evidence of all I have mentioned, they can to my home for a meeting and seemed to be scratching their heads 🤔

Wanting to go along a resolution route to hear for the other idiot, with no consequence as a result?

46 minutes ago, ericsbrother said:

I Another thing you can do to screw his cameras is to shine a decent power laser into them to knock the auto calibration of the system. At night you can sellotape down the buttons on an old IR remote and leave that pointing at the camera so he just sees a flashing light all night.

Ha! I never knew that! Great idea ericsbrother. It's not a problem I've got now but if I ever do in the future I shall remember it 😁  (Although thinking about it lining up an IR remote so that it points in exactly the right place is probably more difficult than it sounds?)

Edited by Ethel Street

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you know what counts as harassment?

The parking is still happening, possibly not enough over to get a ticket but enough to cause inconvenience.

Whenever I have unfortunate event of being outside the properties at the same time, the idiot stares at me, I am guessing trying to intimidate.

There is a bit on the police website about harassment and stalking which lists 'staring' interestingly.

Any advice please?

then try and take it up witht eh police base on their website procedures and using the photographic evidenec of continual obstructive parking etc. if you dotn ahve a raft of pictures then you have missed an opportunity. Keep on at the council highways people about the parking, they may send a CEO round to issue another ticket or two f the bloke didnt get the others cancelled by a proper appeal

• 2 months later...

Update on this one.

The neighbour has fitted two more cameras, the most annoying is almost inbetween the two properties, not far off gutter height, for one keeps making a chiming sound and is pointing at the back of the idiots cars, where it is always parked over our drive, but not enough for parking control to issue a ticket!

Bascially, three coppers said they have no power and were not interesting in the CCTV, then to my amazment one raised a number and asked an officer to visit. I had, the most useless, pcso go out, look at the camera for 30 seconds, knock the door, idiot wasnt there, went back the next day, in the day time!!! and then called me to say there is nothing they can do.

This camera has activated and chimied when I got into my car in my own front garden. It also chimed at my neighbour across the road when she got into her car. It also seems to chime randonly, including through the night and has woken me up before, grrr! TThis to me proves it is picking up and recording the path and street too.

Can any suggest what I can do? ICO?

I also made a list of all the things the idiot has done and emailed it to a copper, who must have spent a good hour advising why the coppers wont do anything about this and that it doesnt amount to harrassment!

Cheers

E!

fix up some small lights to shine directly at the cameras, ideally with a strobe. The other thing you can do if they are motion activated is to set up a small weather vane type decoration with a small motor attached and set the thing off at all off hours via a timer.

Unless you can prove harassment and gte an ASBO type order all you can do is thngs like this.

I take it you dont have hundreds of pictures of obstructive parking yet though?

Maybe, but often when the things activates it makes a chiming noise which wakes us up, grrrr

Yes, council don't want to know as claim have no power as private homes and police are pretty much the same, total joke!

Not really, it can be random. Sometimes when nothing there, and then doesnt make the noise everytime we are in garden,

I have just filled in the ICO form and it then says:

Please note: in most CCTV-related disputes between neighbours, the ICO will not consider it appropriate or proportionate to take enforcement action against the CCTV user.

If you cannot resolve the issue with the CCTV user, you may wish to pursue a private claim in the courts under the data protection laws. If you are considering taking legal action, we recommend you first get independent legal advice.

🤨

Edited by NGEddie

but with enough evidence you can get a court order to clip his wings.

Injunctions are rarely the end of matters as they usually require a "next step" but they can be phrased in such a way that repition of a certain action will bring about the wrath of the court upon the transgressor.

you can do this for yourself but you may be better off using your household insurance legal cover if you have it.

he will have to pay costs if order is granted so get the evidnce compiled and LOTS of pictures of the parking from lots of dates.

You can also make a complaint to the local govt ombudsman about the council's lack of care over this as well

• 1 month later...

An update on this, for unknown reasons the parking is happening again.

Lets forget all the other things as the police and council are a total waste of time!!! and the house insurance didnt seem to want to cover the parking thing.

Without resorting to something which is going to get me in trouble, as far as I can tell there are two options.

1. Buy a crap but really long vehicle, park it outside the idiots house, tax/mot'd/insured and leave it there indefinatley. This means they cannot park outside own place or keep obstructing us. Then if does park over ours it would be fully blocking and the police and parking enforcement would have to issue tickets and some sort of acrtion.

2. Go with advice you gave about court, but really, how much time and effort is this? is it going to cost me? and what are possibles of a good outcome?

First photo shows all the room to left outside idiots own property and how purposley parks this far back to the right over ours to make it difficult getting in and out.

Second is close up showing bumper fully over sloping kerb, but wheel isnt go no authority interested.

Please let me know your thoughts.

E!

idiot 2.jpg

Idiot1.jpg

You are leaning on an open door ericsbrother, I totally agree!

The parking enforcement team claim legislation says it has to be the wheel over and have been out several times, assessed and not issued a ticket, annoying!

Is there anything official which states this? i have searched but cannot locate😕 

I very much want it sorted, as please say otherwise, but am sure this is wrong!

From the council...

The Government legislation we refer to is Section 86 of the Traffic Management Act 2004, specifically in your circumstances:

·   (iii) assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge

More details of which can be found on the following link: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/18/section/86

As a local authority, vehicles that are parked close to the dropped kerb but not physically preventing a vehicle from coming or going will not fall under the criteria of the contravention and a penalty will not be issued in such circumstances.

🤔

I note you are avoiding the second question

Go and see a lawyer who offers a free 15 minute or half hours session and see what they say. If you have a good few bob you can solve this fairly easily but like all things it takes time or you make mistakes

Not avoiding it. I'd be happy to do whatever solves it, just baffled that laws are created but no-one wants to enforce them!

I've spent £000's having drive done, kerb etc... Then you get some 🤬 who purposely does this!

As a prediction, how would this work?