thuinlondon

National Express late arrival due to driver

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 287 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, my friend took NE to London to apply French visa for January trip. The bus arrived in London one and a half hour late because of the driver went to wrong direction (which is unbelievable!)

She missed the time slot for French visa, and it is unlikely to apply visa anytime before January. (She has bought tickets and booked hotel already)

I searched NE website regards of compensation, but there is not much information. She allowed one hour between coach arrival time and visa. Could she claim the foreseeable loss?

Very unlikely. The arrival times are estimated. Push the fact the driver took a wrong turn to one side for a moment. WHat would your friend have done if there was a huge traffic jam? Or roadworks that caused the bus to be late?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I agree NE won't give any compensation for late arrival due to external factors e.g. traffic jam. In this case the late is avoidable, both NE and driver have the duty not making mistake that would cost passengers.