• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA harrassment. Please help

tote alley stressed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Silent call gurad from TPS according to their website:

"If the purpose of the call was to sell you a product or service, then registering on TPS will reduce these (silent calls). However companies use automated diallers for things such as debt collection, market research etc. and TPS will not reduce these.

TPS are advertising this call blocker Callblocker - take control of your in home privacy but it's £50 so don't think i'll be going down that route. Looking at other options and off the top of my head wonering wether i can have specific number diverted to my mobile by BT as i don't use my mobile!

Had 2 calls today and it's not even 10am yet. International and a new one: 08700101138 Possibly a DCA perhaps?

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battleaxe

Hmmm..I know i didn't pay £50.00 for this, Have you spoken to BT, but if you Choose to refuse you should be able to stop the 0870 number in future.

I am sure it was put on BT.

Actually if truth be told just checking i haven't tried blocking the 0870 just the 0800. I will try that next time it calls though. Just emailed BT to ask about this. But will ring them later if they don't reply.

Makes life really tense as i live with an elderly parent who has no idea of the mess we (I) am in.:o

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Letter from global vantedge this morning almost the same as yours Battleaxe. Charming the way they put a subtle threat about 'contacting you at home and/or your place of work"

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Guest Battleaxe

Davey 77

Just got my phone bill in for the hassle MBNA have caused me I have been socked £14.25, so I am thinking of adding this to my MBNA claim. the service is acalled Anoymous call reject and costs £10.25 for three mnths plus VAT. If it wasn't for MBNA and their tactics I would not have needed this on the phone line.

I am laughing on my best friend number 0845262626 A & L I got £0.131, this that 10% off BT give you. ironic.

The bill is mostly made up of 0845 and 0870 numbers, how frustrating.

Looks like you are a couple of steps behind me with the letters from MBNA. GVI are very brave from a distance.

I take it you are not with BT then as according to their site Anon call reject" f a caller withholds their number, they will not be able to get through to you. They will only be able to get through if they reveal their number. Anonymous Call Rejection will not bar incoming calls where it delivers the message 'unavailable' And it costs £4 a month. But thanks for all the info. I shall what i can work out what's best in the end and of course i can always unplug the phone to give me some peace for a day! ;)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Guest Battleaxe

Yes I am with BT. The charges are for 1Dec - 26 Feb 10.21 a quarter.

We certainly aren't geting anymore phone calls from MBNA since it has been on, but then again MBNA said they have taken us off their automatical dialler, but I don't trust them.

The choose to refuse option and that is costing £8.55 a quarter

ah ok.. i see. thanks. I'll go with that i expect then. Well, had the phone unplugged since 3pm and it's luurrrvly! I even had a snooze! Although i kept dreaming that people were ringing me and woke up aggitated?! :rolleyes: oh well! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

If you give BT a call you can get your number changed almost immediately. Tell them you are receiving unwanted/unsolicited calls. I know it can be a bit of a pain having to tell all your friends and relatives that you have a new number, but it may be the answer. I did this nearly two weeks ago and now no calls at all.

Just make sure you only give out your new number to people you really want to.

It's possible that they might eventually find outyour new number, but you can

cross that bridge when you come to it. Hope this helps some.

Thanks jeff2000. That's a solution i hadn't even thought of. Wouldn't be a problem either as i don't have many friends etc. Nice..well, not nice, but you know. Easy! ta! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Wouldn't it be nice to be forgotten by some quarters! Good news this morning though. Bt will change the number adn Capitol One have accepted (finally) my offer of £5 a month with a review in June 2007. Plus a job interview lined up for the 2nd of Jan as an animal welfare assistant. Things are looking up! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Guest Battleaxe

Davey77, good news for you. I am wondering if the banks are starting to notice of these boards and realising we do know our rights and if they push too far, too hard, it will rebound on them in a bad light.

Good luck with your job interview.

Soem breathing room for you, enjoy.

Yes could be right there Battleaxe. They are certainly shy of adverse publicity. Thanks for the good wishes by the way. ;)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Well, no reply as yet to my letter to MBNA regarding the number of calls/GVI. Only an email tonite:

Dear MR X

Despite the reminders on your statement and our attempts to resolve this matter, we have not received a payment. You should be aware that prompt payment avoids late charges and negative information being registered against you with the Credit Reference Agencies. A good credit record is vital if you plan further borrowings in the future such as a mortgage or a personal loan. Please call us... to discuss this matter.

Please do not reply to this e-mail with any account queries as we are unable to monitor responses.

What a check! What "attempts to resolve this matter" apart from asking for payment and getting GVi to ring me 6 times a day to ask for payment. grrrrrr

At least after changing the number i don't get calls any more. Oh bliss!!!! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

tehe... thats a very good idea. But perhaps you're right in that you have scared them off forewarning them that you are creditcard/bank savey! lol Especially calling yourself dragonlady. Maybe mine should be FinanceDestroyer or BankBuster!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Guest Battleaxe

Dragonlady is part of my persona. i got called that by a junior doctor many years ago when I had to have a chat to him about his demeanor. The name stuck. When i was in the Army I was known as the Witch of Waiouru, so Battleaxe was a progression. I am a marshmallow at heart really and my cats love me.

Davey get a Cager email address it's only £6.00 a year.

Dragonlady is part of my persona. i got called that by a junior doctor many years ago when I had to have a chat to him about his demeanor. The name stuck. When i was in the Army I was known as the Witch of Waiouru, so Battleaxe was a progression. I am a marshmallow at heart really and my cats love me.

Davey get a Cager email address it's only £6.00 a year.

What branch of the services were you in?

Ah I thought Waiouru looked NZ. Learnt alot about the country but haven't been as yet. My ex moved back to Rotorua after being in the RAF. What a country! one day....

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Guest Battleaxe

It is a beautiful country, I thought Australia and new Zealand were similar, but after living in NZ for seven years the countries are so different. The Kiwis used to ask me why I was in NZ, so I used to joke that I was there to raise the intelligence of the country.

I have loved in several countries and the banking industry over here is the owrst, give me the USA any day and that system took a bit to get used to. My ex and i drove from Georgia to California and credit carded the trip, hit San francisco walked in to the bank and tried to settle the credit card. They were amazed that we wanted to close the accounts. we were leaving the country and you should have seen the reference they gave us. In the two years there we did not have one problem. If we thought a cheque was going to bounce, we rang the bank spoke to manager, no problem, cheque was covered and NO charges. Never a late payment charge with the credit cards, even when our pay did not arrive from Australia in time..they also used a link account system, like they do in NZ and Australia, so the bank moved the money to cover any deficit in either account. The charges for the running the accounts were minimal, but this was what we were paying for, a SERVICE and they did lokk after their clients.

wow, no late charges, helpful banks...where was this? The Twilight Zone?!That's what i call customer service! See, life doesn't have to be so difficult, it's only some people that make it so!

So you are saying that NZ.ers are slightly dense on the whole then? I wish i was still in contact with my ex now lol :D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Guest Battleaxe

No NZer's are not slightly dense, they know what civility and service means. they have a nicer system and you talk to people NOT computers and the branch manager knows you.