• Tweets

• Then be prepared to get your cheque book out.   You will be served with the evidence the prosecution intends to rely on to convict you when you receive notification of court action. This will almost certainly be in the form of a "Single Justice Procedure Notice" (SJPN). They have six months to begin court proceedings and in most areas take all of that. You will be given three options:   1. Plead guilty and have the matter heard by the Single Justice (a hearing which you cannot attend).   2. Plead guilty and opt for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court (a hearing which you can attend).   3. Plead Not Guilty.   If, after viewing the evidence, you decide on (1) or (2) you will be sentenced in accordance with the sentencing guidelines. These suggest a fine of half a week's net income (maximum £1,000, reduced by a third for a guilty plea). You will also pay a surcharge of 10% of the fine (Minimum £30 - or £32 if the offence was committed on or after 28th June 2019) and costs of £85. You will also receive 3 penalty points. So you can see that the costs and surcharge will exceed £100 before you consider the fine.   If you choose (3) you will have to rely on either (a) the prosecution being unable to prove its case or (b) successfully rebutting their evidence. The cost of failure here is high. You will obviously lose your one third discount for a guilty plea and the costs will increase to as much as £620.   You can see that you "old fashioned" approach could cost you dearly. But you takes your choice and pays your money  😪  (or hopefully not  😀).
    • I was not aware that mitigation can also apply to actions taken after the event. I have not outlined this to date, I will write another letter stating this given I now use a monthly travel card and would never attempt it again. However, the Court date is in 10 days so I'm not sure I would receive a response in time.. seems to be worth a try though.    Thank you dx100uk. 
    • Sorry, but I don't understand. Am I "quoting" unnecessarily? I'll stop that, henceforth, if so. That said... "any claim, though I cant see why this mbna is not concluded, so why the confusion....." confuses me as I cannot contextualise your reference and thought I had intimated I am concluding the MBNA claim and no longer pursuing my SAR request, following your help in that query.   I am simply wondering if your last reply refers to this (MBNA SAR) thread or my more recent (general PPI enquiry) thread, is all.   Apologies if I am not helping myself through helping you, in this. I am trying as best I can, though. And am grateful for your help.
    • Ok great, thank you I will give that a go tomorrow will let you know how I get on.    C
    • Get on the phone ( record the call if you can) and make a formal complaint.   The accounts problem is probably just staff holidays and your account is waiting in a queue to be paid.  Most companies allow about 15% of staff to take holiday during the summer. Then you have parents who only work term time etc etc.  It means there is always a backlog around this time of the year.    If you complaint, you will get your payment.
  • Our picks

Digital_2012

PIP Reassessment Again In A Week

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 259 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Need some help i was on DLA mobility low rate which was due to review December 2019.

My GP referred to community health support worker who advised me to apply for PIP as i have high chances getting care and mobility higher rate than low rate mobility due to my mental and physical illness.

I was little bit hesitant as i heard a lot of horror stories about PIP rejection rate.

Anyways my health support worker rang DWP and arranged a home visit to fill the PIP form.

A lady from DWP came to my house on 13th August 2018 and filled all the paper work and contacted DWP to apply for PIP over the phone.

The DWP lady also advised that i might receive another PIP form which she advised me to ignore.

After 10 days i received new form which i ignored but after 3 weeks i received another letter telling me that they still not received the form.

I rang DWP and told that the from already filled by DWP lady after searching on their computer the lady over the phone told me that they got the form but it still not scanned to put on their systems, the lady over the phone also advised that it should be on the system by two weeks and i should contact after two weeks to confirm.

After that i was bit relaxed and i totally forgot to ring them back, now i received their letter saying that they rejected my claim is i failed to provide further information.

One more thing i never received any further letter from DWP apart from the form which they sent to fill in.

The date on the letter is 10th of october and i received the letter on 18th october and i am abroad seeing my parents and coming back 12th of november.

The dead line will be finishing 10th of october, i do not know what to do now its not my fault they messed up with my form they also said in the letter that my DLA will be stopped from 23rd october.

Thank

Hi guys,

I need your help and advice, i just had PiP face to face assessment three days ago i am suffering from depression anxiety flash backs panic attacks and post traumatic stress disorder. I also diagnosed ASD AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER.

The Assessment lasted 1 hour 40 minutes after that very next day same lady rang me who saw me face to face asking more questions about going out and about which i answered all, but now i received text message asking me to attend another face to face assessment.

I rang dwp and they said that i have to attend and they do not know why i been called again, anyways i rang the lady who saw me face to face but she was not available so her colleague told me that the lady who saw me face to face needs more answers so she wanted to see me again.

I do not know what they are up to but i am really stressed and feeling anxious this very weird situation.

Thank you

Old and new pip thread merged for history

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets