style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if I post here or if I’m in the wrong place, this is my first time on this site after it being highly recommended by my brother...

few years ago I had a barclaycard credit card and I was paying back each month until my circumstances changed. I had an arrangement with them to pay £55 per month and I was paying this on time every month

I received a letter from a new company PRA group saying they had taken over the debt but I continued to pay £55 until they said it was time for a reassessment. Once this was done they said I couldn’t afford £55 and They said I could pay £16 until next reassessment date. This continues then after a while they stopped taking payments, I should have chased them but wrongly I never did..I

The next thing I knew I got court letter in August this year from Northampton court where I had to contest or fill out details on my incoming outgoings etc and had 14 days to get it done and sent back. I filled everything out and sent it back and never received a thing, I’m not to know how long these things take aas I’ve never been in this position before .

Well today I got a letter saying the bailiffs are coming from my local court on 12th December because I hadn’t made payment under the judgement I was ordered but I have had nothing, no correspondence, nothing u til this letter today.

I’m a single parent with a 1 year old baby, I suffer anxiety and are on tablets for life for high blood pressure I don’t know what to do, I’ve never not wanted to pay I am at my wits end

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

To have got this far you have a CCJ against you now. After you received the forms from Northampton who did you return them to, did you get a proof of postage when posting them.

At this stage do not worry about the Bailiffs as they can be dealt with quite easily. You have all weekend to get everything ready to send off Monday.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So you didn't defend the claim simply submitted the admittance and offer to the claimant....the claimant has declined it and moved to execution of the debt.

Submit the following reflecting an affordable monthly payment...say £2.50

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Feb-2017**

Complete an exemption form for the fee...which normally is £50.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406096-LEGAL-EX160-160A-160c-Court-Fees-are-you-exempt-**Correct-as-at-April-2018**

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes I have got a ccj against me now,

I only knew this though because I have the clear score app and it came up on there.

I sent them back to the address on the court papers that were sent from Northampton but stupidly I never got proof of posting, such a foolish thing to do as I’m normally so good with things like that and something I will never repeat.

The bailiffs really are terrifying me but if you say they are quite easily dealt with then I shall take comfort in that.

I just don’t know what to do next, it’s really upset me and with a young baby and being on my own after circumstances changed it’s so worrying,

Hi Andy

No I didn’t defend the claim,

I owed the money and was fully prepared to pay,

I thought I would have received more correspondence before getting the bailiff letter today, which made me worry that they hadn’t received my forms back but maybe as you say they declined it.

I’ve never been in this position before so I’m clueless as to what the process is and what I needed to do next

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

Andyorch has sent you a link to a form to suspend or vary an order this is a dual purpose form that is very easy to fill in and has a tick box to suspend the warrant (which will stop the Bailiff), also if you tick the other box as well consideration may be given to giving you rockbottom payments.

I would strongly suggest if you fill this form in then also contact the Bailiffs Office at the Court to tell them you have filed an N245 for Suspension - the County Court Bailiff is quite amenable and lets him look for it going through the system. There is a strong possibility you may be considered as a vulnerable person, have you checked to see if you are getting everything you are entitled to?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is so helpful thank you so much.

No I haven’t checked , I literally have no idea what I’m doing. I’ve gone from having a good job, partner etc to circumstances changing so much which has led me to this.

I will get that form filled ASAP though and get the ball rolling along with phoning as soon as they open on Monday morning.

Edited by dx100uk