Urgent advice needed

Staffords1007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello would someone please be able to give me some advice or opinions on my next steps to help me.

To cut a long story short i have a small business. I ordered an item to be manufactured for £1600 from another business (i now believe this business to be a sole trader). I paid 50% on order and 50% on completion.

All good so far.

I collected the manufactured item and took it home and placed in my unit but never opened it.

I was speaking with the said manufacturer a couple of weeks later and told them that i was unsure if i had made the correct decision in purchasing it because my customers hadn't seemed that keen.

They told me that I could bring the item back and they would sell it to one of their customers for me as they had a backlog on their orders for the item. I took it back and left it with him.

After a couple of weeks and trying to contact them via a few different methods i dropped by the factory to see where my item / money was.

I was told that the item was at a different property and they would drop it off for me.

You guessed it.

Nobody showed up and no contact has been made.

My thoughts are that the item has been sold and now they haven't got the money to pay me.

What can i do next?

Small claims court maybe??

The only paperwork i have is the invoice, i never even got a delivery note.

I do however have a string of messages stating that i dropped it off etc

Thanks in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Yes, it seems perfect for a small claim. The only problem is whether you are able to enforce the judgement.

Do you know where the guy is? Does he have any premises or equipment or anything that you could enforce against. Do you know where he lives? Does he own his own home?

Getting a judgement is really straightforward but sometimes enforcing the judgement can prove very tricky.

Yes, it seems perfect for a small claim. The only problem is whether you are able to enforce the judgement.

Do you know where the guy is? Does he have any premises or equipment or anything that you could enforce against. Do you know where he lives? Does he own his own home?

Getting a judgement is really straightforward but sometimes enforcing the judgement can prove very tricky.

Yes they have a business premises with equipment but i’m usure about a home address.

They were a limited company until July this year when they were struck off. It was after July when we place our order so it can’t be related to their limited company.