mbazalik

Gemini Parking Solutions - Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park - Parked in No Parking Area - Motobike

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 191 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hey guys

on 19/10/2018 I have parked my motorbike next to the car bay in Olympic Park, the ground was not marked by yellow crossing lines there, while I am pretty sure it was in other places, so I assumed it is not a problem to park there. Received a PCN on that day and waited for NTK which arrived on 21/11/2018. The Parking Charge is 100£ at the moment. If not paid in 29 days, I am informed (threatened) that charge will go up by another 60£

I will try to scan and redact the NTK once I am in the office and will send it here as well

Questionnaire:

Date of infringement: 19/10/2018 at 13:15

Not appealed to PCN

Received NTK: 21/11/2918

The NTK mentions Schedule 4 of Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

Parking Company is Gemini Parking Solutions

Location is Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park London

Hi and welcome to CAG

Have a look at some other threads to see wht happened in those cases

Here's one

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?468641-Gemini-Parking-Solutions-PCN-Queen-Elizabeth-Olympic-Park-On-a-motorbike&p=4938261&viewfull=1#post4938261

and another

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460534-Gemini-Parking-Solutiobs&p=4866552&viewfull=1#post4866552

plenty of others too.

Gemini are members of the BPA and must follow the codes of practice.

Once we have your images (pdf file please) we can advise better

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

did they slap a ticket on the bike at the time? I not then they are too late sending out their NTK.

besides that no parking isnt an offer of a contract to park, it is prohibitive so you cant agree with them to break a contract as the only way of forming it.

They are just stupid but they are also greedy so telling them this wont make them stop trying to collect money they dont deserve.

Ignore them until they decide to threaten court andthen we will suggest what to say.

Hi guys

thank you very much

@ericsbrother - yes, there was a ticket slapped on the bike, which I decided to ignore, and I have received the PCN now, which scan I am attaching

PCN-1.pdf

PCN-2.pdf

Take your name off the pdf PDQ.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have hidden the attachments for you. Nobody (except site team) can see them. carry on posting as normal.

If you want your username changed as well, let us know

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The NTK is not POFA complinat, thye have missed off the vitakl detaisl of who the creditor is, thye havent used the correct phrase to indicate what is owed and how much has been paid to date and the wording should say they dotn know who the driver is so can rely on the POFA to create a keeper liability. Incompetence or laziness- doesnt matter, the end result is that this isnt an invoice that is enforceable on ANYONE, let alone the keeper.

So, add that to their failure to understnad the difference between a contract to park and prohibition and they are stuffed.

However, appeal to POPLA and they will tell you that you havent obeyed the signs so you owe the money, again ignoring the difference in the relationships created by the signs that dont hold you to anything.

So, what to do? I wouild ignore them and dont appeal as you will only make them think they might get you to pay. Let them spend their money chasing you and when they threaten court action with a proper letter before action you let them know that they havent got a contrcat to break and they are rubbish at their job so ought to ask the BPA to give them some more training in joined up writing

Thank you very much, I will wait for the letter before action then. Thank you very much

Those clowns would have put a ticket on a pushbike with a kiddie trailer if it was left like you parked your motorbike.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hey guys.

I have received a Notice of intended court action (attached), should I still ignore this, or is that the time, I am going to respond to them?

Thank you very much

notice_intended_court_action.png

notice_intended_court_action2.png

no that's a letter from a powerless DCA not a letter of claim from one their favourite paperwork only fake/tame solicitors

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Agreed. Notice how the letters say 'may consider' and 'if our client'. This means nothing at all.

Only a Letter Before Action/Claim from a *cough* reputable *cough* solicitor has any legal standing and only then should action be considered.

Thank you very much guys, I thought so, just wanted to make sure

for starters it is from DR+ and you shoudl know all about them by now and secondly I INTEND to go to the moon this afternoon for a site meeting with a parking co.

Chances of me going? the same as DR+ doing anythig because they cant

Hey Guys,

I thought I would jump on this message as I also encountered a similar issue with Gemini. 

I was planning to ignore as recommended above. Like the original poster, I didn't see any road markings and I fact saw no instructions or signage at the time. 

The only issue for me is that as I had a rental car, could this make me more liable?  

PCN to hirer attached. 

Thanks in advanced.

2019-03-13_22-55_(1).pdf

this topic is for advising mbazalik

please create your own topic at the top of this page 

• Thanks 1

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

same place but completely different set of circumstances. You need to start a new thread.

Also your Reg No and PCN numbers are shown

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Attachment removed

spreadsheets