Josmith1980

Lowell DCA and old o2 mobile debt probably SBd

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 281 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

Had a letter from DCA saying they are the new owners of O2 debt and I need to pay them ,

They haven't provided much details except original company as O2 and the amount I owe and DCA internal.reference number

What do I need to ask them so that I can be sure if the accounts belong to me or not , if I were to reach a stage I need to pay them ,I don't want to pay blindly without knowing if those are my accounts

Please advise

Thanks

Ignore them for now. It's just a notice of sale you've had. Fully automated.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

also if a dca has the debt, then somethings wrong with it. Can you provide more info on the history of the debt?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

also if a dca has the debt, then somethings wrong with it. Can you provide more info on the history of the debt?

i left the country in 2012 and visa renewal request was denied so i couldn't comeback until now ,

first thing i can think of is its been 6 years and i havent paid or acknowledged any debt so would it have been statue barred ?

second the letter they sent doesn't have any info on what i am paying for , its just says o2 , no account number etc , so should i ask them for a breakdown so that i can be sure its mine , not a random debt assigned to me

today i got another letter saying i should start replying to them etc