PRA Group/Barclaycard CCA

Fernigan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Looking to see if someone can give this CCA and accompanying letters a look over,

I sent a CCA Request to PRA Group and got the attached back from them is it all there and legit?

This is in regard to a recent agreement.

Thanks in advance.

Barclaycard Letter Redacted.pdf

Barclaycard Base CCA Redacted.pdf

Barclaycard CCA Redacted.pdf

PRA Reply Redacted.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

can you read upload and pop all those into ONE multipage pdf please

and the T&C's please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you apply for it at Moneysupermaket .com ?

Does it contain both yours and the creditors full address at the time of inception ?

Does it contain your account number ?

All the above should be contained within the agreement...not on Barclays separate cover letter.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry guys, I don't seem to be able to edit the original post so please see the one document here;

I don't recall if it was via moneysupermarket.com or not, although I'd suspect I used it to compare 0% balance transfers. The account number is not on the agreement, the only bit in the actual agreement that is redacted is;

In the introduction section it mentions "you". It says you, first inital surname, and my address.

Barclaycard CCA.pdf

Edited by fkofilee
Removed from body of text.

No account number....then their reconstituted version is useless and invalid...they are and remain in default of your section 78 request

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Yes it must be embodied within the document that they profess to be a true copy of the original agreement...you wouldn't send a cheque to pay someone with a covering letter containing the sort number and account number:wink:

No need to......why arm them and allow them to correct it...knowledge is power..and you have the knowledge if this should escalate further

On a side note, if by chance further down the line they attempt to go pursue via the court, is there a generic response I should be ready to send?

The only reason I ask this is due to spending more and more time away with work my mail sits unopened for a couple of weeks at a time

If I were to receive a recorded letter my wife would potentially be home to sign for it so I assume it is from that point the clock starts ticking to file a response?

Well before anything you should receive the following...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice-1st-Oct-2017

And court claims are not issued recorded delivery..just standard post

No...not applicable to Scotland....The initial process of the pre-action protocol still has to be followed, that is at the very least sending a letter before action setting out the amount owed, providing a timeframe for a response and advising that Court action will be taken.

Where did you sign this agreement ...in Scotland ?

As you're domiciled in Scotland (e.g. Scotland is your usual home) and entered into the contract as a consumer then the action will be incompetent, upon the grounds that the County Court does not have legal jurisdiction to hear the case.

You can only be sued in the Scottish Sheriff Court where you live. The authority for this statement is paragraph 3(4) of schedule 8 to the Civil Jurisdiction & Judgments Act 1982. Paragraph 3 .

Even if you have contractually agreed to allow the English courts to decide your dispute (known as 'prorogation of jurisdiction') it is clear that paragraph 3 is not subject to the 'prororgation' rule as set out in paragraph 6 of schedule 8. In other words the paragrpah 3 rule is a primary rule which takes precedence over all other rules in schedule 8 - it cannot be contracted out of (except in accordance with para 3(6) which is unlikely to apply).

if anything were to happen it would be a sheriff officer like walker love personally delivering the Scottish claimform to your door.

ive not ever seen PRA do a Scottish claim.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys I was informed of the following elsewhere in regard to the CCA that I received from PRA Group;

It’s from 2016 so they can create a recon right enough but that recon must be accurate.

It’s not UE as you can’t use s.78(6) due to it being opened after 04/2007. Which is when the relevant laws changed.

What is everyone's thoughts on that? Is it inaccurate due to no account number and dates on the actual CCA thus making it unenforceable?

Answered that yourself Fernigan

" but that recon must be accurate."

" Is it inaccurate due to no account number and dates "

So not accurate...at the very least it should have an account number...otherwise it could be referring to anything ?

blank one from their filing cabinet not what they got from the original creditor after asking for it from them...

and they

• 1 year later...

Morning folks,

Looking for to see if there is any advice or actions I need to take on the text message and letter I received from Barclaycard relating to a credit card debt that defaulted 2017 and was sold on to PRA. CCA'd and they provided a reconstituted document which was deemed bog roll.

Text message from Barclaycard:

We've sent you a letter recently regarding your credit limit. Should you have any questions or queries, we're here to help. We've provided a dedicated telephone number for your to reach us on in the letter. Your Barclaycard Team.

Letter I received from them today:

We may have previously set your credit limit higher than we should have.

Dear X

We've recently reviewed the way we set some of our customers' credit limits and can see that the limit we gave your previously on your account ending XXXX, which is now closed, may have been higher than it should have been at that time. We're sorry this happened and recognise that this may have had an impact on your circumstances, or you may have incurred losses.

Want to talk to us?

If you'd like to speak to us about this, please call our helpline on 0333 202 7490 quoting the reference at the top of this letter.

You can check our helpline number is valid at barclays.co.uk/security/phone-number-lookup

You can get free independent advice

If you'd like to speak to someone else about your financial commitments, please contact National Debtline or StepChange for free advice over the phone or online. You can also contact Citizens Advice if you'd prefer to speak to someone in peron.

You'll find the contact details for these organisations and others at barclaycard.co.uk/moneyadvice.

is this an admission of irresponsible lending or anything that could be used to wipe some of the balance etc. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fernigan,

Better to let this lie for now IMHO.

Could be just a ruse to get you to engage with them but nothing has changed since the advice above.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)