• Tweets

• Surprisingly they don't mention AT ALL the other times of usage.    It says tfl byelaws bla bla.. Then the last paragraph is "An application will be made in court for a *** contribution towards the costs of TFL. There will also be an application of *** in respect of the fare avoided. Further costs may be incurred if additional docs are required or the matter is not resolved at the earliest opportunity".    The last sentence is interesting. Leaving it open to an OOC on the day? 
    • On the fiat it should be around 4-5 years so certainly due. It could already have been done and if offered with a full service history it should be noted.  I would get it done if there is no evidence. Expect about £500 from a dealer or £300 from an indi  check the service book. They normally show when it need to be done mileage/time
    • no don't call them. you say they DONT mention at all the other times of usage? usually it will say byelaw bla bla  and in the statement say and XXX other times counted to [no.] being TIC if you plead guity and attend which you MUST do
    • Thank you for clearing that up BazzaS.   I am under the assumption that the other offences are TIC given the fact that I admitted the period of use (5 months) in my first letter which gave my explanation of events. In response to my first letter, they decided to prosecute me for the single offence (under the byelaws).    I will call them to double check on this though.     
    • Thank you for your help. I do understand and I can see how it looks to tax credits however they aren’t telling me exactly what evidence they have. When I called them last week (haven’t spoke to the compliance team since) he said there is strong evidence but didn’t say what and then asked me what doctors he uses? I said I have no idea as I don’t.   do you think I should contact them again and explain everything again and also about the universal credit claim and what they advised? Just feel I’m gonna be in the wrong no matter what I do now as it’s either do a joint claim but he ain’t here in that capacity or do a single claim but risk it being investigated again due to him using this address.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
        • Thanks
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
nicurro

Industrial Injuries Benefit advice

Hi,

I am considering applying for Industrial Injuries Benefit but I am finding it difficult to get any evidence of the accident I had.

The accident was way back in 1990 (February) and I am unsure if records are kep’t this long by an employer.

My GP has records of the treatment I received after the injury but nothing that states that it was a work place accident.

I already qualify for PIP (lower rate care & higher rate mobility) because of the injury I sustained and the effect it has on my daily life.

Would my claim be accepted without evidence to support it was an accident or would the benefits adjudicators just refuse the claim ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Nic

why not send you ex ex employer an sar

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

why not send you ex ex employer an sar

I could try that but the employer at the time was taken over by Wincanton about 6 Months later so I doubt that they will have anything going back as far as 1990.

Nic

They wont have any info on you that goes back 28 years, sar wouldn't produce anything of significance. If they did then they are breaking the law. Unreasonably holding personal data.

If it was an accident, and it sounds a serious one, did the health and safety get involved with an investigation?

I am on Industrial Injuries Dsablement Benefit (assesed at 40%) and have been since 1980. When you had you accident were you paid Sickness Benefit or Industrial Injuries Benefit

I ask as if it was Industrial were you not invited to attend a medical to assess the severity of the injury and was the HSE involved. If so what was the outcome? If you were awarded a weekly/2 weekly payment then you would have attended future medicals. If you were paid a one-off lump sum (that is assesed at 20% or less) then you will not be able to make a further claim

Was any union involved at the time?

They might have kept the documents.

I received no compensation or payment at the time, I spent a while on Company Sick Pay and the Union rep was not willing to pursue a claim maybe due to him wanting a Management job.

I was pretty naive back then about what should have happened after the accident but I am quite sure it was put into the accident book.

I am unsure if I received SSP at any point but subsequently had to leave the job due to time off.