UKPCM/gladstones Claimform - PCN operator pix - pensby Road **CLAIM DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well they are advising you to act reasonably and proportionately but have NEVER done so themselves ( which is why they get so many costs orders against them).

If they were confident ehy would have sent you a proper PAP letter rether than a begging letter dressed up.

It is now up to UKPCM to cogitate and decide whetehr they want Gladstones to lose them some more money. They may gamble on a claim issue will get you to suddenly wet yourself and pay up. What normally happens is they dtop the matter when that doesnt work. It is an abuse of process but so far the MoJ havent come down on them

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does my last post advise?

Ple4ase read things very carefully and make sure you understand exactly what is written and them you wont fall for the common trap of thinking their letter means something it doesnt actually say.

so to make it simple for you in this case.

gladstones are threatening you when they havent actually asked their client for instructions. therefore ignore them and see if the drips at UKPCM actually want to start a fight. Anything you say wont change that OTHER THAN to make it more likely if you say the wrong thing so let them make the next move, not answering wont change anything if th rentamouths are right.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 7 months later...

I received a PCN on 14th March 2018. 

Eventually gladstones became involved and I wrote to them on 03 December 2018, following the advice of CAG. 

I did not receive a response until 03 May 2019 which opened:

'Thank you for your letter dated 03/12/18, the content of which has been noted.

We apologise for the delay in our response however, as no further action has been taken we trust you agree no prejudice has been suffered as a result'

it then went on to demand £160 within 30 days.

It contained a copy of the signage at the site.

An Aerial photo showing where the signs are located

Two pictures of my parked vehicle (which include dates and times  Pictures attached) I ignored it. 

I've now received a claim form from the county court business centre. 

I have attached it at the bottom so you can see the particulars of the claim. 

In order for us to help you we require the following information:-

Name of the Claimant ? UK Car Park Management 

claimants Solicitors: Gladstones

Date of issue – 17th July 2019

What is the claim for –

The driver of the vehicle parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the contract) at 54 Pensby Road Wirral. ch60 7re on 14/3/2018 thus incurring the parking charge.  (the PCN)

tHE DRIVER OF THE VEHICLE AGREED TO pay the PCN WITHIN 28 DAYS of issue yet failed to do so.

The claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the defendant as driver/keeper  of the vehicle.

Despite demands being made, the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.

What is the value of the claim? £176.18, court fee £25 legal costs £50 Total amount £251.18

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ? The claim is issued by the claimants legal representatives - Gladstones. 

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? - yes

Interestingly,

It appears that UK PARKING MANAGEMENT NO LONGER MANAGE THE SITE  and in fact were instructed by a single business owner  who no longer trades there. ( there are several businesses along the stretch of road who back on to the area)

There is apparently some discussion from other business owners that the land was never actually theirs to enforce...…

I assume this is relevant in my defence? 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM/gladstones Claimform - PCN operator pix - pensby Road

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked.
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

…………...

please put all of gladstones docs/pix in ONE multipage PDF

read upload

we don't need to see the Claimform

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have done as advised on MCOL and used the template - made an error in my initial post as the claimant is UK car park management and not gladstones. I am instructed to send documents to gladstones though. 

Letter's in the post.

Worried about getting a CCJ....

Doc1.pdf

correct as post 30.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Follow advice on here and you are unlikely to get a CCJ.  There is a saying on here about being Gladstoned, where the PPC loses the defendent wins, but Gladstones still get paid by the PPC, which followed Gladstone's duff advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 weeks later...

nothing diff

just don't miss your defence filing date

and they

Read up on similar threads and a three line defence  fitted to your facts,  eg for a ficticious case   it may be round dodgy POC, absence of any contractural liability etc If POFA cannot be assumed keeper is driver.  Three line should  should be ok for now, you expand on it at WS stage, less is more at this stage.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

defendants POC?

and they

post 34 we can see your detail through the pen!

removed.

please read upload carefully!

a defendant doesn't file a poc!!

and they

dont panic is my next bit of advice. Gladdys want you to feel pressured into settling before a hearing because they know their clinet's case isnt solid and certainly wont be well presented.

so lets make somehting clear, CPM only manage the space in front of a single building that has no clearly defined boundaries as to where their interest lies. So no lines indicating the boundaries of the land? No dropped kerb or lack of it for just that plaec and nowhere else along the front of the adjoining buildings?

you will need to get down there and photograph the site and its surrounds to show what cna and cant be seen.

Now my look on goggleyes makes me think it is a parade of shops with flats above and one fo the shops has allowed these bandits to act on their behalf. I would bet that the tenants dont have the authority to create such a contract so you might want to phone the estate agent and ask them who the owner of the building is and whther the curtillage is exclusive to the lock-up. Also get some pictures of the back of the place and its surrounds from various angles so yu can place a doubt as to whetehr your vehicle was actually parked for  ore than 10 minutes on that land without being on other property

Thanks Eric's brother. 

Will get photos today.

In terms of my 3 line defence. 

Should it be something along the lines of:

No boundaries are indicated as to where parking is supposedly enforced.

Evidence submitted not clear - pictures do not show position of vehicle in relation to entire communal space.

The tenants of the building have no authority to create such a contract ( I will confirm this later today)

no,  you get the facts first and then write defence but you will make it clear that no contract could be or was formed, you have no liability in this matter and therefore no cause for action against you.

the boundaries bit is for much much later.

Edited by ericsbrother

I've been and taken further pictures of the site. Signs are displayed as indicated on the Photos provided by uk car park management, 

The new proprietor of the shop continues to engage uk car park management, but isn't the owner of the building or land.

Shall I contact the land registry to find out who actually owns the land, before I go down he no contract could be or was formed route.....

I dont care if the signs are as they have put them in their paperwork, you show us your pictures and explain where exacty you were stading when yu took thern ad what defined boundaries there are to indicate their management of that particular grain of sand

the idea of getting more pictures id to show not only your perspective of things but to rubbish theirs ad not agree with them.

So put them up and we may be sending you back to take some more of the whole area, road markings, pavement etc

wise to know who does own the land as I suspect the whole block is owned by a single landlord and that meand the shop tenant certainly wont have the authority to get these banditd to tramp all over someone else's property

Edited by ericsbrother

Had to hide pics as car reg numbers visible in pic 1 Could you get a close up of the signs so we can zoom in  and read what they say without them pixellating please?

Your photographs are not a lot of help. first we cannot read just about the only Notice you showed. We do need to be able to read the actual notices to see if they have any hope of winning in court. We also need a sight of the sign, if any, at the entrance as well as a photo of the payment meter if there is showing any terms or conditions. In addition, photos of signs that differ from other signs in the car park.