• Tweets

• Good Morning Guys, Im hoping someone can help me.   I am asking on behaf of another party.   Couple joint own a home, the mortgage was halfed and now both sides have been paid.   One side has decided they want to release equity but the other does not fully agree but has been asked to sign paperwork.   The side that wants to release the equity has told the other side its only coming of thier side of the house.   Is that a thing?   How will that work if the house was to be sold as both parties have children.   My question is how can the house sell and be equally shared if one of the owners has taken equity from the property.   Im asking as one half is money minded and the other does not have a clue. you can guess who.   Thanks  
    • I dont I'm simply continuing to apply common sense to try to manage protecting my family, loved ones, myself and others as best I can .. despite the often cretinous, constantly conflicting and confusing and frankly biased and privilege supporting edicts dropped like 130 stag hunters horse crap piling up on a narrow footpath.   Oh dear - someones noticed 'important' nonces have  broken the rules Lets implement a law that will punish others while maintaining privileged exceptions
    • I've read reports on the debate and watched a couple of clips. I thought it was awful and agree with the commentator who said there shouldn't be another two like this.   The Fox News moderator didn't come out of it well either, as he couldn't control the infant-in-chief. Someone suggested they should turn off Trump's mike so that Biden could answer.
    • I suggested some edits to your particulars of claim. 14 days is a straight 14 calendar days – weekends included
    • The general opinion from what I'm reading is that very few people understand the rules, TJ. The PM clearly isn't one of them.
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 676 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, I am the defendant in a case where the claimant discontinued their claim at the last minute. The judge allowed a hearing to continue as I raised a counterclaim but the claimant didn't provide a defence to my counterclaim and claimed mental health as the reason for not doing so. The Judge ordered that the claimant go away and provide a defence to the counterclaim.

I've received the defence to counterclaim and it contains costs from the claimant which were the same costs they put on their original claim that they discontinued. My question is can they transfer the costs from the discontinued claim and use them within their defence to counterclaim?

Any help much appreciated.

Tom

Probably not but your story is pretty vague.

It would help if you gave better detail and also posted up the claim form, the defence and the counterclaim in PDF format