Parking Eye ANPR PCN - Lease Car - Broken Ticket Machine - Mariott Hotel Durham royal County

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1 Date of the infringement - 16/10/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 21/11/18

3 Date received - 23/11/18 (via email from the company I lease car from.)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes number plate & time stamp of entry/exit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N

7 Who is the parking company? ParkingEye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Durham County Mariott

My partner could not pay for the parking as the ticket machines were not working (would not accept any money). It was heavily raining and she had our 1 year old with her.

Below is what the PCN states.

[Removed - dx]

Edited by dx100uk
format

This thread should be moved to the Private Parking forum

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Done

Please scan the NTK to one multipage pdf

Read upload

Text of NTK removed in post 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would expect if you look at the planning

free car parking is more than 45 mins too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you shed any light on the bit where they state about originally writing to the registered keeper and they informed them that you were the driver? What's the story there?

It’s a lease car so the pcn was sent to the lease company who forwarded it on to me. I was not the driver however.

Ok, driver tried to pay but company machinery refused the money. Driver entitield to park for free as failure entirely the parking co's fault. They will always lose a claim, you can find some previous examples if you search for them but for the moment you just need to make sure that the lease co is out of the loop as parking co's often trya dn get tem to pay up or sue them when they know who the driver is as they are more likely to get a result where if they went after you they lose ths ssort of claim.

so what to do?

Well you can tell them that the ticket machine was broken so there was no breach by you as you offered the money and it was refused by PE and that means they have failed to mitigate their loss and no court will award them money for that.

Dont mention anything about wife, rain, what you had for breakfast etc as it isnt relevant. Take the fight to them