BankFodder BankFodder

Cos11

Current Account Closed - 6-10+ weeks to refund money

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 457 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My personal current account was recently suspended pending a 'compliance review' and then about 3 days later immediately closed with no warning. No reason was given so got absolutely no idea why it was closed.

They are also saying that the balance (approx £3-4000) will be credited back to the most recent accounts that have paid in, but this won't be done for 6-10 weeks, "possibly longer".

They blocked a payment out for my rent (made approx 4 days prior to them suspending the account initially) which they were informed about right away, and which caused the payment to be 10 or so days late - causing a lot of distress as I got grief from my landlord and had to find somewhere to borrow the money from to pay the rent.

Can they just do this?

Hi There - Welcome to CAG

Yes they can - Its in their T&Cs. But for your benefit - I will suggest you send them a DSAR :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

who is this?

bank?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..