Lowell Claimform - HBOS credit Card

gibster1957
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is this the std lowells n180 [hey this is what we are going to send. but wondered if we can frighten you into settling now for a reduced figure? before we do]..letter?

]

how much are they knocking off the £3k owed?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then that's std for lowells.

pers id let this run

you can always do a tomlin order later

as andy says 

they might fold

id go rigt thru to WS stage and see what they come up with that we cant counter to any reasonable success

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So should you get into mediation or negotiate directly thats your starting point....less £1000...there should be no interest once an agreement has been terminated.

Suggest a possible tomlin order on an mutually acceptable figure ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for that dx/Andy, so to get this going do i write to Lowells offering a Tomlin order ( minus the interest that was added during the period the account was live) and a sum that is affordable to me.

Thanks

Its an option I'm not stating thats what you do....depends if you wish to proceed.You dont offer you suggest...only the claimant can arrange a tomlin order..its for you to agree/negotiate it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Today I have received the N180 from the court plus a EX730 mediation form.

I now have to decide which way I want to go with this. My gut feeling is that they don't have the full cca and default notice however I don't want a ccj on the chance that I lose.

Lowells have agreed to mediation

I would like to know ( if someone has been through this) what questions you are asked by the mediator .

It also states on the N149A ( Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claimes Track) that I have to serve a copies of the N180 to all other parties so I am assuming I have to send a copy directly to Lowells Solictors?.

It also states on the N180 that even if I agree to mediation I have to fill in the rest of the form however on the mediation form it states that if I agree to mediation I tick yes in box A1 and complete section B.

Final question is that it states on the N149A that if I agree to the mediation to contact them ASAP but wouldn't returning the form be enough.

Sorry for all the questions guys, really appreciate your help.

Yes to mediation

1 wit you

the rest is obv

3 copies

1 to court

1 to lowell sols minus email/phone/sigi

The rest is obv

and they

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Back in July last year i decided to go to mediation after taking advice from this forum and taking the risk of getting a cjj on my now very good credit score.

The date and time were set up and the phonecall duly came from the mediator.

The mediator asked if i knew about the debt which i acknowledged and set out my position that all the paperwork wasnt forthcoming from the debt recovery company ie the default notice.

The mediator said to me that they only needed to prove i had the debt to enforce it and that she would now speak to the company to see what they had to say and it would be probably (she knew the name of the person) who she would speak to.

After a couple of more phonecalls i agreed to a payment plan on which i did managed to get the balance reduced but felt i was pressured in to making the arrangement as i would have no chance if it went to court.

I just wanted to let others know the outcome of my dealings with the mediation service and though i am relatively happy with the outcome, feel a little let down by them.

if you didn't have all the paperwork you required to make an informed decision upon mediation you should have said no to the Q from the N180 which are asked again before it actually starts.

being frighten of a CCJ is no reason to be had over!!

dx

and they

Stop payment?

A mediation agreement is not a binding agreement from the court.??

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Lowell Claimform - HBOS credit Card

It can be consented through mediation services...they can advise the court not to proceed to allocation