deckmunki

Old T-Mobile debt preventing me from taking out new EE contract - incomplete SAR provided by EE

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 331 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello folks, I tried taking out a mobile phone contract with EE in 2016.

I was declined and, on contacting EE, was told there were three T-Mobile accounts in my name from 1999-2002 (approx) with an outstanding debt of around £450 in total.

I finally got round to sending an SAR letter last month and received a reply today.

EE have sent me a couple of pages of account notes but no mention of the outstanding amount(s).

Firstly: based on this, I'm pretty certain that EE have sent me incomplete data - however, without knowing how their systems work, I don't know _what_ data they must hold on me, but at the very least, somewhere, there must be a total amount owed.

Secondly: the notes say that I disputed that the accounts were mine (which I did), and EE decided that it wasn't fraud because the accounts were opened using my name, address and date of birth.

I genuinely don't remember opening these accounts. How can EE be so certain that I opened these accounts simply by checking that my name, address and date of birth match?

I just want these accounts removed from my record so I can, should I still want to, take out a new phone contract with EE.

Is there anything I can do here, or do I just need to accept defeat and find a different mobile phone company? :(

Thanks in advance :)

Alex

THose debts would have been statute barred YEARS ago. They would have zero bearing on things now. Unless theyre active and in arrears.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not in the originators books..

Sb in E&w simply means a debt cannot be enforced

If say the debt was with a bank and you had money in that bank, legally they could just take it.

To the op..

Twas most probably fraud, buy theres little you can now do about it

Though the sar must hold data that proves EE's assumptions it was 'you'..if it doesnt where are they getting their proof from?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thank you all for replying.

@dx100uk - you're spot on; the notes on both accounts I've received information from say "Customer is verifying on account address. Both account [sic] have same DOB and address. Not a fraud."

I assume since both accounts have this same line verbatim that it was a copy-paste by the same person.

While this isn't affecting my credit rating and it is indeed as renegadeimp says statute-barred, I'd like to clear my name if at all possible so I can have the option to be an EE customer again.

Many thanks,

Alex