Moorcroft - Thames Water

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again CAG, it's been too long!

You'll be pleased to hear (I hope) that my own debt problems are now behind me, however I'm now looking for some help for my wife.

She recently received a letter from Moorcroft regarding a Thames Water debt. Moorcroft state the amount outstanding is £692.48, and that they have asked their local representative to call on the 28th November. I would normally fire off a CCA request, however, as I understand it, Utility debts aren't covered by the CCA. What would you lovely CAGers recommend as my next step?

We've talked about sorting her debts and she also has a mobile phone debt (currently with Resolvecall) and a Sky TV debt (which has allegedly been sold to Fresh Start Vanquis Bank). I would appreciate any advice you have to offer in dealing with these DCA's, as I have only ever dealt with debts that are covered by the CCA. Thank you in advance, regards, Wally.

Ignore moorcroft. They cant do anything.

As for your other debt and resolvecall, ignore those totally. Those muppets cant do a single thing. Ever.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

stop firing off pointless letter tennis

moorcroft don't buy debts just chase for their client

as the debt was obv? at a previous address were TW informed in writing of her new address?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It wasn't for a previous address, it's for her (now our) current one.

She told me she hadn't paid TW for the last 4 years, along with other creditors, because of the breakdown of her previous marriage and other issues causing mental health problems. She just buried her head in the sand.

I would assume the TW debt has to be paid, and I have no problem negotiating a repayment plan with them if that's the best course of action, but I wanted to look for some guidance here first.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Correct

Deal with tw direct

Make sure that your bill does not include any period outside of 6 yrs

A dca are not BAILIFFS

And have

ZERO legal powers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...