Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi I have received not one but three of the same PAP letters (just different amounts and details) from Moriarty Law, allegedly for three different ADCB credit cards taken out in UAE in 2009 for a total debt they claim is now almost 200,000 pounds across the three accounts.  I think I may have had one credit card from them, but there was nowhere near that amount outstanding, if anything, when I left the UAE for good on September 30, 2010. There is a difference with my case, however and I need some advice.  I have lived in Hong Kong since 2012 (I am a permanent resident there) and the letters have been sent to my elderly mother's address, which is where my UK bank account is registered, and have been forwarded to me. Though they are dated August 20 and 21 I only received them yesterday. There are also two follow-up "Final demand before proceedings letter" both dated September 8. In previous years there have only been various DCA letters sent which have all been ignored My queries are this: 1. What would happens if the letters were returned with a note that this person is "no longer lives at this address" - moved abroad” 2. Or should I return the PAP reply form anyway as set out on this forum but with no address on it (it might confuse them with a Hong Kong stamp on the envelope I guess) 3. If I do that, should I send the three forms separately or together? 4. Should I return it saying I have left the country adn not to send any more correspondece to my old address? 5 Or is there any other advice you can give.  I am not sure if I reveal that I am in Hong Kong that could stop UK proceedings, could I have a CCJ in absentia and could it be enforced, or whether could chase me for it in Hong Kong which has a similar statue of limitation law to UK? Thanks for any speedy advice. Time is short because it takes four or five days for post to get between UK and HK.        
    • A step by step guide on how to use the Armed Forces Pension Calculator     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/a-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-use-the-armed-forces-pension-calculator
    • Hi   Repair and Support Plan states: If your product goes wrong after the 3rd Repair, you can request a replacement.(The faults must be mechanical they say e.g Hard Drive as opposed to physical/accidental to qualify for replacement/vouchers).   My Laptop has had 4 Hard Drive replacements. They are attempting to claim that a corner being missing when the laptop went in for repair over rides Hard Drive Failure and are therefore claiming my laptop has had only 3 repairs.   Also Well fix in 7 days or replacement-1 of the repairs took almost a month. Ive refused delivery of my `fixed` laptop now for 3 months while arguing to and fro with them that they have breached the support plan and I want replacement vouchers.They are now charging me £50 to store my laptop and are going to dispose of it in 6 days if I dont contact them. Been through usual channels..Consumer advice... just found out they wont participate in ADR. I loathe this company they are a disgrace. Ive paid A support Plan £11 per month for over 8 years. Im aware how bad they are and how many people they have shafted. Anyone any idea where I stand ..what I do?I dont want them to get away with broaching the policy as well as binning my laptop.Im left with nothing.    
    • So it is...... ...but has yet to be determined by a Judge...who would no doubt decide that  Bailey had the use of the vehicle  during the term of the agreement and therefore benefited.   Too risky....I would be happy with this result and leave it at that. 
    • If the claim is private individual against business, the case should be heard in your local court. Did you buy the dress under a business name or your own individual name?
  • Our picks

boggler

Aviva nightmare trying to encash Friends Life legacy with profits bond

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 300 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I have an ex Friends Life with profits investment bond now under the ownership of Aviva.

This was transferred to me by my mother.

Over the past three years I have made a number of successful partial withdrawals on the policy without issue.

 

This all changed when in early September of this year, I submitted another partial encashment for £3000.

After not receiving the money within 10 days I contacted Aviva and was told that due to a technical issue sufficient units could not be cancelled to action a payout. Therefore, the process was delayed. To exacerbate, the issue, I had a building project which was underway and tradesman and materials need to be covered.

 

Towards the end of September I decided to encash and cancel the whole policy.

I was reliably assured that this would not be hindered by ‘the technical issue as it was a full encashment. I submitted a claim for a full encashment for £28000.

 

Once again, after 10 days I still had not received my funds I contacted Aviva.

This time it was claimed that I needed to submit certified copies of my passport and bank statement despite Aviva having paid out in the past from the policy to my bank account, Aviva suddenly needed to check my documents.

 

I had these stamped by the bank on Friday 12th October and sent them off.

On Friday 19th October, I was assured that all was fine and that the payment was on the way.

 

Having not heard further I again phoned on Wednesday 24th October only to be told that actually the payment was delayed again as they needed on the verification documents, the contact details of the person at the bank who stamped the documents. I would therefore have to resubmit new verification documents again.

 

Even at that stage I felt that the handling of the matter was unacceptable especially with different customer agents giving confusing and contradictory assurances and information. However, I resubmitted new verification documents this time stamped with contact details of the person verifying them.

 

On Wednesday 31st October, I was informed that the documents had now been verified and payment would now be authorised the next day and sent out.

 

On Tuesday 6th November I phoned Aviva again to check on the progress of this payment.

I was told that the payment had just been authorised but it would be with me in “3-5 working days”

 

By Tuesday 13th November I still had not received any money I contact Aviva, yet again.

I was informed that the payment was definitely on the way and I should contact my bank to see if it was coming through.

 

On Friday 16th November, Aviva finally admitted that there may be a problem and that my money could be missing. My bank told me not to worry and that they could trace it if given a payment reference number.

 

Despite requesting this on both Friday and today, the Aviva/Friends Life call centre have been extremely reluctant to furnish me with this simple information which would help Barclays easily trace the money.

 

Today it is Monday 19th November and a payment that I was due to originally receive on September 15th is still delayed with no one seemingly knowing where it is.

 

Any suggestions would be most appreciated as I have lost all faith in the ex-Friends life branch of Aviva and am starting to suspect there has been a misappropriation of funds.

 

Two weeks ago, I was offered and given £100 compensation for the stress and inconvenience caused by the initial delays but I think any objective person would agree that in the circumstances, £100 is extremely paltry compensation.

 

In short, you have to remember that the original request was submitted in early September. We are now in late November and I still have not received any of the money from the policy (apart from the £100 compensation!)

Also, I needed that money to pay bills and tradesmen as soon as possible.

 

The two-month payment delay has led to me having to resort instead to credit cards to pay for my £50000 renovation project as the builders became fed up with my excuses as to why their labour and materials had still not been paid for. The cost of this interest has been astronomical.

 

This has been so stressful, but I believe I can’t take this to the financial ombudsman until Aviva close the matter (?) so any suggestions would be very much welcome.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

 

I've merged your threads to avoid confusion, the merged one is in the Aviva forum.

 

HB


Illegitimi non carborundum

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you recorded the calls with Aviva and have you made an official complaint to them? Normally if your complaint hasn't been resolved after 8 weeks you can go to the ombudsman.

 

HB


Illegitimi non carborundum

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have you recorded the calls with Aviva and have you made an official complaint to them? Normally if your complaint hasn't been resolved after 8 weeks you can go to the ombudsman.

 

HB

 

Thanks. Yes, I made one complaint but I am guessing they marked it as resolved when they paid me the £100 compensation after they thought the policy encashment money had been sent out earlier this month. I have put in another complaint since the encashment money went missing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be worth speaking to the FOS's helpline and seeing what they say.

 

HB


Illegitimi non carborundum

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it would be worth speaking to the FOS's helpline and seeing what they say.

 

HB

 

 

Ok, thanks. I'll give them a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call them again and record the call.

When they tell you that payment has been made, be extremely blunt and tell them that you know that's a lie.

Get the manager to come on the phone, get his/her name and make them repeat that payment has been made.

Then tell them you'll hold them personally responsible for the lies if (when) payment doesn't come along.

I would attack them via county court rather than fos and claim all interests on your credit card back.

This can and should be done even if they give you the money today.

After all, you should have got your money when you resubmitted certified copies of your documents and they said payment had been authorised.

Do not forget to record the call, it will be gold dust in any further action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Call them again and record the call.

When they tell you that payment has been made, be extremely blunt and tell them that you know that's a lie.

Get the manager to come on the phone, get his/her name and make them repeat that payment has been made.

Then tell them you'll hold them personally responsible for the lies if (when) payment doesn't come along.

I would attack them via county court rather than fos and claim all interests on your credit card back.

This can and should be done even if they give you the money today.

After all, you should have got your money when you resubmitted certified copies of your documents and they said payment had been authorised.

Do not forget to record the call, it will be gold dust in any further action.

 

 

Thanks. The latest is that I was promised that a named person would call me back on Tuesday afternoon. I never received the call. So I called around 4:30 and was told that unfortunately she had to go home early.

However, she would definitely be in on Wednesday and that she would call me with an update. Her manager had even been cced in.

Wednesday came and went without a call. So, I called this morning. Apparently she was on another call but would call me back within the hour.

This time I did get a call back. Not from the rep as she had to go home as she was unwell again but a specialist who said he had taken personal charge of the case to get it resolved adn he will be back in touch with me by the end of the day.

 

I also mentioned to him that in the meantime I had had a reply from Sir Adrian Montague's office who said that he had asked for the relevant department to look into this as a matter of urgency! ( I emailed both him and Andy Briggs late on Monday) Hopefully, this will get the wheels moving. I will take your advice though and record the phone call. I am fearing though that it will be another holding message i.e. "thsi will take 10=15 days to resolve etc, etc."

 

I will update though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...