• Tweets

• just to check - is it best to send the sar in before any sale deal is agreed?
    • Good advice thanks very much. Are there any guidelines on how long they should take to send said transcript? I was quoted 28 days on an information request today...    I have just sent two secure messages to NW.   The first was to state that they did not follow my instructions from this morning when I cancelled the DD authority held with PayPal, as they allowed PP to reinstate this mere hours later. I gave them formal notice that PP have no authority to take DDs from my account and so I will seek reimbursement from NW should they allow any in the future.    The second was a formal request for them to re-credit my account for all DDs taken by PayPal in the given time period, in accordance with the DD mandate. Reason being that I did not give PayPal the authority nor instruction to take those payments by DD.    Will relay this to the manager tomorrow and ask for a transcript so I can complain to the FOS if this is not sorted by end of play. 
    • Its directions agreed between both parties how the claim will proceed in preparation for the hearing...Fast Track Directions are not set by the court as in small claims track.
    • Make sure to ask for the name of the person you are speaking to, as well as a full email transcript of the call. If they ask why,  tell them everything on the call is being copied to the FOS for a full official complaint. They usually shift pretty quick.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Hornsey62

CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

I think there is no consistency across our own courts for hearing things like this, which again makes it harder to defend.  

It’s how confident we are at the defending time as well (in my view)

You are right squaddy

The banks don't even stick to their own regulations...they phone you constantly to take out loans when they know if you lose your job you have to leave..madness

You have insurance that they won't honour and won't let you arrange a repayment plan and then bring their claims here for our courts to deal with because they can't be bothered. How is that right ?

Well UK unregulated loans are legislated through the FCA I understand....as for unregulated UAE agreements :confused:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So we have no idea how to defend? 

We have a starting point and very strong 

I did advise you to raise points such as had the claimant requested permission to serve out of jurisdiction. The English Court should not exercise its jurisdiction if there is a more appropriate forum (known as the doctrine of "forum non conveniens") and Another gateway is where the dispute relates to a contract which is governed by English law or contains a term conferring jurisdiction on the English Courts to determine any claim in respect of the contract.

Im relying on you to provide a little history to any disputes unfair charges and interest etc etc

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I understand what you're saying Andy but it seems none of the above applies due to The Rome Convention  (they are circumventing the law as far as I can make out)

I can tell you the circumstances around why I left but a judge wouldn't give that consideration would they?

So apparently our cases can be heard here to give us protection but we have none because the loans or credit cards are not regulated here! 

Something wrong with that.

Going to read now 

Hornsey62

• Basic Account Holder
  • Hornsey62
  • Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • 196 posts
  • Member ID: 390494
  • Change Group
  • Member ID: 390494

if versus has been banned they will be but not Hornsey62

but anyway you don't need those to do a defence .

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Why Dx we know a lot more than you do about this surely. We've been out in the cold sInce we lost the out of jurisdiction case and now have had to battle it on our own

So why do you think cag know more. I thought you were here to help people but apparently not if challenged

We relied on cag and were let down BADLY and so stop with your advise you really know nothing about

If you want to help find out more

I am simply pointing out what happens when a user is banned.

anything from them if you've not saved it off cag will obviously vanish.

as far as we are aware, all that's been supplied in relation to requested documents is one or 2 pages of Arabic and English side by side stuff that proports to be an agreement..which wasn't, which was not posted to cag..which turned out to be a red herring to hide it..

until they cough up with an enforceable English version of the signed agreement and everything else thay must produce to be even remotely successful in their claim, the best idea might be the usual no paperwork/holding defence putting them to strict proof , esp upon the enforceability of any agreement under UK laws.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

No one on here has been sent anything in Arabic everything we received you received. ..none of us ever got sight of the T&Cs. .

you know that.

It's all been sent from county courts in this country and no one knew  how to to defend.

You mislead us and has cost us money we can't afford. 

You told us they could do nothing.

.to any of us ..wrong.

they can.

We relied on cag..wrong. .and now we are speaking out

Probably be banned now..

Where's Andy now with all of he's knowledge?  No where.

I'm beginning to wonder what this forum is all about.

Banning people for having more knowledge? ?

why would admin ban you.?

have they banned someone for having more knowledge?

or have they suddenly come to CAG with what appears to be more knowledge ..but are infact someone that's thrown the kitchen sink at their claim and have suddenly realised that was p'haps not the right thing to do??

the ban was more likely that they couldn't abide by simple rules of respect for others

it's not personal here..it's an anon forum..

.p'haps they were like that and followed us and blamed us, as you appear to be doing at present out of frustration.. over something that to date has only ever gone to a certain point..hence our advice ..only went to a certain point.

they CHOSE to do what they have done...if they don't make a thread and ASK for help..they cant blame CAG.

then come here firing bullets for the mess they are in.

no signs of it costing you money to date..stop exaggerating things,

all that has happened is the matter of jurisdiction has been, to date, allowed to progress..to a std UK court claim.

to the date of their latest escapades with you and the others here ..they haven't done anything further..i nor CAG hornsey have a crystal ball that can see the future!!

what we do know with quite a firm knowledge is that these people will pull ANY STUNTS they can to get a well publicised win.

and as it stands , the publicity and doubters within the threads on cag of recent, be them members of the wide firm of paid believers or otherwise, are succeeding in undermining you and the others facing these cases.

as for the useless Arabic/English agreement 

it was mentioned here post 54

you've not seen them so ...

stick with the disclosed facts of YOUR case, that's all the judge will do not anything else  hornsey..

as for andy not being around..its 01:30AM.

have you actioned what he recommended

post 96 here

please post up the work that you've done since then to help everyone...……………….. 

time for bed ...

dx

posts moved to own existing topic

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:53, Andyorch said:

No advice to offer at the moment you said you had 21 days to prepare a defence.....have you made a start as requested last week in preparing points that can be used in your defence...what about the initial debt ....any disputes...reasons for leaving it behind etc etc.

Andy

ref above too

26 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

doesn't mean the agreements nor T&C's ARE enforceable in this country

simply means the judge decided the case 'could' be heard under UK jurisdiction.. there is a 1000mls difference between the two...

Trouble is no one ever sees the T&Cs until CWD get involved. The bank rep always meets you somewhere other than the bank to sign an application which is a declaration you agree to T&Cs  so you think you've signed an application but in reality you're agreeing to T&C you've never seen

• Like 1

Yup. 

great excellent point..dont need to understate how corrupt the whole system is over there myself..its your DUTY now to bring everything under the judges nose..prove what you are saying and intimating..in your defences..

Yes I alone can take on CWD!

well that's the way it always been and will always be in court - you've known that from day one matey!!

I have lost track of the number of times I've experienced utter BS from a defendant in court on these cases 

no wonder they all lost...or were they paid too….🕵️‍♂️

you seem intent on wasting your 21 days in worrying if the sky will fall like Christopher Robin..

so since andy advised to get on with writing your defence..have you ACTUALLY done anything to help yourself and put up any pointers that others can expand upon for you.??

sorry for being very blunt...but all it appears you have done is run around every other thread bar your OWN moaning..

Once I found cag Dx I didn't feel alone because believed everything I read on here. That UAE cases will not be heard here.  Wrong.

Contesting jurisdiction has cost me £2300 I don't have and you say I've lost nothing!  It's ok for people advising on here because they've nothing to lose. 

I did everything I was told..I asked numerous times if I would have to speak in court and was told everytime no..it's between the judge and CWD but as soon as I got into court I was asked what my argument was? I wasn't prepared. ..because cag told me i didn't need to be!

So before blaming us defendants take a look at yourselves and ask what could we have done better? We've let these people down..let's improve our knowledge before giving advice on this subject we know nothing about. No what do you do? You blame us!

For your information Dx my defence went in 2 days ago..I didn't spend 21 days running around other people's threads moaning..have never done that.

I did my defence myself because I knew no one on here knew what to do and if I lose I lose..nowhere to get any advice.

You'd do better acquainting yourself with the law of the UAE instead of picking arguments with people who are here because they're areally desperate for advise.

Not one person on here who told me don't worry they will not be allowed to hear this case has ever come back to me or squaddy  and I see concerned expat was never advised not to contest jurisdiction even though two cases had been lost the week before. 

On 17/04/2019 at 19:37, Hornsey62 said:

Once I found cag Dx I didn't feel alone because believed everything I read on here. That UAE cases will not be heard here.  Wrong.

There's always a first time and now CAG are aware .

Contesting jurisdiction has cost me £2300 I don't have and you say I've lost nothing!  It's ok for people advising on here because they've nothing to lose. 

That was the correct process in challenging the claim and we are surprised as much as you and if you hadn't you would have had judgment against you by now,  still we learn and and adapt our advice and pool our ideas..providing posters share their information with others

I did everything I was told..I asked numerous times if I would have to speak in court and was told everytime no..it's between the judge and CWD but as soon as I got into court I was asked what my argument was? I wasn't prepared. ..because cag told me i didn't need to be!

And normally you shouldn't have been asked...how can a Litigant in person advise an experienced District Judge the arguments against Jurisdiction ? Could she not decide herself if the court was right to hear the claim ?

So before blaming us defendants take a look at yourselves and ask what could we have done better? We've let these people down..let's improve our knowledge before giving advice on this subject we know nothing about. No what do you do? You blame us! 

So why didnt  you share instead of posting to other same UAE threads and sitting back waiting for the forum to do all the work ? This is new territory to CAG and we have never in all the time I have been a member had to submit a defence on a foreign agreement.

For your information Dx my defence went in 2 days ago..I didn't spend 21 days running around other people's threads moaning..have never done that.

Why not post a copy here for opinion and to help the 2 other posters involved in the same type of claim ?

I did my defence myself because I knew no one on here knew what to do and if I lose I lose..nowhere to get any advice.

See above

You'd do better acquainting yourself with the law of the UAE instead of picking arguments with people who are here because they're areally desperate for advise.

Its hard enough keeping up with UK Law and given that yours and the other two claims are the first we have ever had in 13 years.We offer our advice free as volunteers and achieve a remarkable success rate for posters unable to afford legal representation or the knowledge to understand the legal process...obviously you have never bothered to view the Legal Success Forum.Of course you did have the option to consult professional legal advice on foreign claims at a cost to yourself which would have easily in been in access of the claimed amount and costs so far.

Not one person on here who told me don't worry they will not be allowed to hear this case has ever come back to me or squaddy  and I see concerned expat was never advised not to contest jurisdiction even though two cases had been lost the week before. 

I did its on his thread and explained  the two options

On 17/04/2019 at 01:01, Hornsey62 said:

No one on here has been sent anything in Arabic everything we received you received. ..none of us ever got sight of the T&Cs. .

you know that.

ConcernedExpat09 has and we have copies of them.

It's all been sent from county courts in this country and no one knew  how to to defend.

You mislead us and has cost us money we can't afford. 

You removed all your uploads as the thread progressed and as for costing you see above my last post.....even if you had not done anything you would still now have a CCJ which you cant afford to pay....I suppose if Jurisdiction had been denied you would be singing our praises ?

You told us they could do nothing.

.to any of us ..wrong.

they can.

We relied on cag..wrong. .and now we are speaking out

Probably be banned now..

Not at all why would you be banned ? Speaking out is what you could have done more of and engaged with your thread.

Where's Andy now with all of he's knowledge?  No where. 

Im here Hornsey just taken a few days off to recharge my batteries and take a break from advising on 100s of threads...

I'm beginning to wonder what this forum is all about.

The ethos of the forum is to share information and pool advice on how best to deal with legal matters that posters cant afford or wont seek from Legal Representation because of the extravagant costs and unfair judicial system.It works very well if posters engage with their threads regularly and dont sit back to be spoon fed.

Banning people for having more knowledge? ?

Only one person banned connected to the threads in question and that was for breaking forum rules and being rude to SIte Team...its quite clearly explained in the forum rules what our members must abide by.

On 17/04/2019 at 19:37, Hornsey62 said:

• Thanks 2

Please fill in your quit date here