CWD - PAP Letter re old UAE debt now claim form

Hornsey62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly 

That's what this site is for isn't it..helping each other.

I just hope this thread helps other people to decide what to do in the same situation whatever the outcome is.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:25, Andyorch said:

But sometimes we remember when they come back with another problem........😎

Maybe Andy but I've never seen anyone not get advice. No matter what the problem is ☺

yep that's us

couldn't care if it was my worst enemy still help

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you people know that it is against the UAE Central Banks Laws for Banks to take blank cheques? 

Specifically, Article 15, Section B of UAE Central Bank regulations NoUAE banks violating blank cheque regulations.pdf.29/2011, states that: “Banks and finance
companies are prohibited from taking blank cheques for granting loans or overdraft facilities, or for issuing credit
cards.”

Prohibited = Forbidden

This has been the case since 2011.

This may shed some light on why UAE Banks do not press for judgements in the UAE. Because they know if they have subsequently used such cheques/security to press criminal charges, they have breached UAE Law... (reliance on such in a UAE Court would be foolish however... each a law to their own) 

Attempting to then use the UK courts, albeit that the matter should be heard under UAE law, is somewhat underhand.

Not something CWD would share with you... or are likely to have worked out given they are pathetic.

This automatically creates a dispute..... even if you have signed such a cheque.... 

I have attached an article and the UAE Central Bank regulations are an easy google.

Have fun.

:)

Edited by Versus

Thank you for that information. 

I'm going to look in to that now.

Seems central bank is getting lots of complaints re  irresponsible lending and high interest and charges.

Seems then they wash their hands of unpaid debts and let the UK Deal with them!  With the help of CWD who can make a killing on collecting by playing on people's fear.

that's all dca's can do on any debt.

and if they find a few mugs

it pays for all the staffs xmas holidays.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So whats the contents of their bundle ?  Never heard of a bundle being used in an application to determine jurisdiction.They have already submitted their statement an evidence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Whats the breakdown on their costs ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Review defendant application £50

Review and consideration of issues (cag website etc) £200

Research and consider authorities on issues. Review and collate exhibit drafting and amending witness statement. £1425.

Reviewing file and collating bundle £150

Copying andi preparing hearing Bundle  £105

Research Barristers for hearing £125

Preparing brief to counsel £350

Preparing statements of costs  £75

Barrister  £850

Costs of letters, emails and telephone calls £1052

And no Barristers fee ? 

I was going to refer to their WS but notice its been pulled and not available...do they request costs within their statement ?

Assuming the T&Cs of the agreement contain a contractual costs indemnity.It is rare for costs to be assessed on the indemnity basis and they will only be awarded by the court if there are specific factors which justify them..... hinging around Civil Procedure Rule 44.3 

What time is your hearing tomorrow ?

Okay well best of luck and keep calm...its for the court and them to argue it out if the court has jurisdiction..to decide if foreign law can be tried in an English Court ....you have simply followed CPR and made an application to test it.

Your not on trial..no doubt you will update your thread at your earliest convenience.

Andy

Outrageous. These are bullying tactics. (familiar with them) 

Did the court give any directions? This is in my view extremely contentious that they should send these at his time. Nevertheless they have.

The amending witness statement costs is a total joke... If no directions wee given then it was their choice to draft the first set. 

As Andy says stick by your Guns.... the biggest gun in the room is the judge.... 

I would be tempted if the opportunity arises though to expose these grotesque tactics.... but do so in a calm way. 

Finally. Prepare your own costs statement. 

Yes good luck also mate. Wish I could be there in person. To bring these a******* down ! Don’t give in and yes all the abuse suffered should be mentioned it’s unfair of not and the fact that CWD and IDRWW use step change etc and other for advice yet they know nothing about it. 

1 hour ago, Hornsey62 said:

Review defendant application £50

Review and consideration of issues (cag website etc) £200

Research and consider authorities on issues. Review and collate exhibit drafting and amending witness statement. £1425.

Reviewing file and collating bundle £150

Copying andi preparing hearing Bundle  £105

Research Barristers for hearing £125

Preparing brief to counsel £350

Preparing statements of costs  £75

Barrister  £850

Costs of letters, emails and telephone calls £1052

Did you have any opportunity to dig deep on this action when the Bank clearly state that the debt has been written off? 

No directions given by court to either party..I rang the court and checked this.

All made up costs of which there is no proof of anything. Telephone costs? They have never phoned me.

Well aware of their tactics..have read all about them in the newspaper.