BG anyone advise if im doing right

royboy68

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved this from British Gas and have composed a reply. What do you think.

Dear royboy68

We`ve not recieved £45.60 for electricity used at the address shown above. Payment of this bill is now overdue. Please pay this amount immediately or we may be forced to take legal action against you. This could result in you incurring additional costs and finding it difficult to obtain credit in the future.

My reply gives an insight into the situation.

British Gas

Southampton x

SO15 1ZG x

Your reference Acc No

22/11/06

Dear Sir/Madam

I received a letter this morning 22/11/06 with reference to an overdue amount of £45.60 with the heading of Your overdue electricity bill. The letter then goes into that you haven’t received this amount and is now overdue and requesting immediate payment or you may be forced to take legal action against me. This could according to your letter result in me incurring additional costs and find it difficult to obtain credit in the future.

This is the first I know of this alleged debt, Not once in the 2 years that I have lived at this address have you notified me of any outstanding amount and the few bills that you have sent me have been marked as INFORMATION ONLY and no action is required as well as showing the account to be up to date.

From when I first moved into the property on the 17/11/04 it was fitted with a pre payment meter. Now I know im not educated to degree level but I wouldn’t say im uneducated so I assumed that as the meter was PRE PAYMENT it was actually a pre payment system not just part pre payment.

After speaking to one of your customer service representatives today it confused me even more. According to the gentleman, all pre payment meters are set wrong and it will add 1penny to my bill every so often, this equates to approximately 6 times a day. With previous conversations with your customer service department I was informed that the adjustments for price increases are done at the point of sale with the smart cards.

My requirements to resolve this matter.

• Full justification of the alleged debt indicating exactly how it came about.
  • A prescribed bill of the amount owing assuming that the figure is correct.
  • A letter from yourself stating that the error was on your part and not mine and that no further actions regarding the THREATS you made will be carried out.

On receipt of the above I have no problem paying any outstanding sum.

Not essential but advisable

• A letter of apology to myself for the worry and anguish you have just caused me.

The last part is mentioned as in October of this year I was contacted by one of your competitors offering me a cheaper tariff than yourself but as I had been with yourself for a couple of years and had excellent customer service I decided to change to a credit meter with you as of which I had the electricity changed on the 28/10/06 and the gas on the 06/11.06.

On receipt of this letter I am now considering after the unjust and may I add vile THREATS if I was correct in my assumption of this.

Yours Hopefully

Mr royboy68