• Tweets

• HI, We are in  the same postion as you, we had a house fire and was  put in hotel for 2 days  and now council are saying they stopped our H B , even though we didn't know until  rent arrears had built up to £515 , and that was only because we had a phone call form our  H A , we never ever received the letter they sent out saying it had been cancelled we go back to our home 3/4 times a week for mail,  So now we have been give Notice of Possession  and have appealed and been refused, the  H A  were the ones who cancelled our assured tenancy on the day of the fire, and now they have admitted fault and have changed the date so our temporary  address runs  straight on including the H B , I have sent them the information as  well for the group Entitled  to , which you have put on here,  Our time is running out we now have 11 days to Appeal to the Independent Tribunal, we dont want to claim U C , as neither of us are very computer savvy , but mainly because this is NOT  our mistake, I have all the emails where the H A have admitted their errors and changed the dates , these have all been submitted  to the council who pays the H B , but they have still not given us another answer ,even with all the information  and emails from me and  our H  A ,  Please can anyone advice { did go to C A B } but with respect didn't help that much ,  The letter we recently had form the council keeps stating  they ended our H B   due to regulation 79 of the Housing Benefitd Regualtions 2006 ,BUT  it was our H A  that ended our  tenancy on our old property while we stayed in  temporary property in same area.  We have lost our home in that fire and I think we are now going to lose this one, due to people  not doing their job properly.  I am 63 and my husband nearly 60 , and we claim ESA , DLA AND CARERS ALLOWANCE  and have never been in debt , rent or otherwise,  So any advice please x
    • Hi, Thanks for replying!  It was a paper ticket, I was asked to sign it before they let me go.  Is the interview compulsory, I am worried I would slip up during it and leave myself in more trouble then I already am. Thanks, S
    • Hi Surfwalkersteve,   It's likely they will invite you in for a further interview to establish any other facts about your journey history. As it stands you just need to await their correspondence as has been advised already. I assume they have the ticket in their procession as evidence? I've skimmed through this thread but get the impression its a paper ticket rather than an oyster/smart card type? They will be able to find out which barriers the ticket has been through, as any ticket office can perform this check.   Regarding the fine; If it goes to court, the maximum fine is £1,000 (plus costs etc.), however, this is unlikely as all fines are means tested and unless you're either very wealthy and/or very persistent, you'll usually be fined a lot less.
    • and it costs them nothing as well. If there is a hearing they have to spend another £50-100 on a local solicitor to attend so when they lose that bumps up the bill their client gets for their incompetent handling of the case and thus puts the client off from trying their luck again.   You need to look up the term "you've been Gladstoned"
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 210 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've received a package from Amazon. It isn't mine although the address label on it is addressed to me. I can't find any way to contact Amazon about it.

I got back this afternoon, card through door, package left with neighbour. Collected package. It's addressed to me. In it is a quite expensive (c£150) bit of audio equipment. I didn't order it, no-one in my family ordered it or knows anything about it. It's not the sort of thing any of us would buy. It's not in my list of orders in my account on the Amazon website. I found the item on Amazon and it doesn't say "You bought this item on....". It hasn't been charged to my credit card. It isn't a "wrong" item that has been sent to me when they should have sent me something else because there aren't any items I've bought on Amazon which haven't been delivered yet.

I can't imagine that anyone I know would have bought it for me and sent it to me as a gift. There was nothing in the box to suggest it was a gift sent to me by someone else.

I don't want it taking up space in my house so I went online to tell Amazon. That turned out to be impossible! Every route of contact seems to be about an order you actually have placed - order not delivered, want to return it, arrived damaged etc etc. Without an order number there seems to be no way forward and no other way to contact them. I don't have an order number because I didn't buy it.

Any suggestions? 'Keep it' isn't what I want to do! It's not honest and I don't want it. I want them to come and take it away again.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/apr/21/amazon-why-am-i-deluged-by-unwanted-parcels

http://uk.businessinsider.com/people-receiving-amazon-packages-they-didnt-order-2018-2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy.

The first link doesn't work unfortunately.

The second link I don't think can be what's happened to me. I can see how people might be trying to game the reviews by sending out unsolicited items but the examples are all for fairly cheap things. It would be an expensive way to get reviews by sending out £150 items. Anyway it's a well known brand that doesn't need to game the reviews, I wouldn't have thought.

beware of people coming to collect it and claiming it has been sent to the wrong address by error.

It is unfortunately a common problem, Amazon keeps all of their customer card details visible o its platform so you dont have to type them in each time. this also means that hackers have instant access to your card details as soon as they get into your account and a common one is order something and hope to intercept the parcel before you or anyone else twigs.

Edited by Andyorch
Typos

One of my local amazon pick up points (a local shop) had such horrendous problems with items dropped off with them when they weren't for that pick up point, and items NOT being dropped off there despite Amazon sending 'ready to pick up' emails to customers (myself for one) when there was no record whatsoever of the items being dispatched with the courier (shop checked for me while i was there - local shop was brilliant) - that they are no longer a pick up point.

Amazon just BS'd me all through.

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

If we want to purchase something we now do a Google search and on more than one occasion, we have found the same goods cheaper including delivery elsewhere taking into consideration Amazon prime.