rainbow3333

returned car to dealer but did not refund. now closed the business.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 310 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I bought a car for £6K but it was faulty and so I rejected it. The dealer promised a refund but has not paid it and I have obtained a CCJ. However they have now ceased trading.

I have a name and address for the owner and will pursue via bailiffs. However is there anything more I can do? It seems rather odd if there is no criminal offence.

If the ccj is against a Ltd company you won't be able to enforce payment from the directors.

However, if your sale receipt didn't mention a Ltd company, you could start court proceedings again but this time against the owner/individual who sold you the car.

Also, as I suppose the v5c is still in your name, try to recover the car and if you can't report it stolen.

It is not a limited company and I am advised that the owners are jointly liable under the CCJ. Court proceedings are on my side but if there is no risk of any fine or penalty then this seems to be a perfect crime.

Well, you are in a good position then as you have secured a ccj against the owners.

Hopefully they'll have assets to be seized.

Get the high court enforcement officers involved.

How did you pay for it?

Bank transfer unfortunately. Re bailiffs any advice on high court versus county?

I know the former get better results but it will take another 3-4 weeks to get them appointed.

My inclination is to move fast before the criminals run away.

Maybe I can start with them and upgrade to the high court ones later.

is that allowed?

yes you can

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets