Parcel2go / Hermes Lost Parcel Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

I received an email from Money Claims to fill in an N180 form . I am to send one to money claims and another copy to parcel2go by email by 20/01/2020 , so in 2 days ! I almost missed the email! 

Most things on the form are pretty much straight forward apart from Section D where it is asking for evidence and witnesses, not sure what i should put in here, your advices will be very much appreciated please. 

Please find the attached copy of the form here, I am looking to fill and send it off by tomorrow 

n180-eng.pdf

1 wit you.

evidence will be exchanged at disclosures stage unless the defendant has sent you a cpr request. which you don't have to comply with

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you go through the mediation process?

Thank you for your prompt replies.

@dx100uk are you suggesting that the witness should be just me and i should put 1?

@BankFodder i selected mediation and it took them months to send me this form . The form is in preparation for the mediation process, they asked if i would like to go into mediation in A1.

regards

you yes

experts bum up costs you might not get back..its a small claim case

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just received this to gear up for mediation

It is important to note that Money claims asked us both to send a filled in N180 to eachother and Money claims.

I sent mine to both , but never received a copy form Parcel 2 go.

Mediation is voluntary and can only be arranged if all parties verbally complete the mediation requirements, email acceptance from you does not mean the appointment will be booked.

Mediation Requirements

Please read the following 3 statements:
1. For mediation to be successful you would need to be willing to negotiate on the amount of the claim and have a degree of flexibility. Can you agree to this?

2. Can you confirm that you have enough information about the claim to allow you to enter into negotiations and that you do not require any further evidence from the other party before you can mediate

3. Can you confirm you are available for the entire timeslot on the date stated in the offer?

Mediation is only available to you if you can answer YES to all 3 statements above. If you cannot answer YES to all statements, mediation is NOT suitable for your case.

Please note any dates you have submitted on the DQ refer only to your hearing date and NOT your mediation appointment.

To agree to the mediation requirements and book an appointment, please call 0300 123 4593. We are unable to accept email confirmations for appointments.

If you do not receive an email or letter of confirmation the appointment will not be taking place.

If you want a 3rd party to mediate on your behalf please complete and return the form attached to authorise their involvement, please also ensure that you forward the information about mediation to them. Alternatively, you can call xxxxxxxxxx to give verbal authorisation.

Please be advised the small claims mediation service do not provide interpreters for mediation appointments.

How is Mediation Carried Out?

You will be contacted by a Court mediator who is trained to help people settle their disputes. The mediator acts as a 'go between' to help both parties try to find a resolution. They do not make decisions, offer legal advice or adjudicate the dispute. The mediator's therefore do not need to see any supporting evidence prior to mediation.

Mediation is done via telephone but it is not a conference call. The mediator will speak to one party, discuss the case and how they are willing to resolve the matter, then hang up, call the other party and do the same. The mediator will continue to go back & forth between the parties within the session.

The mediator may call from a blocked or unknown telephone number please ensure the number you provided for the mediation session can accept calls from unknown or blocked numbers.

If you and the other party come to an agreement, the mediator will draw up a Settlement Agreement confirming what is agreed. The mediator will read the Settlement Agreement to you and it becomes legally binding from the moment you verbally agree to it. Copies of the Settlement Agreement will then be sent to all parties and the Court, this concludes the case. Should the other party breach the terms of the agreement, you can apply to the court to have the case struck out.

If no agreement is made within the session, the mediator will end the appointment and the case will proceed to a hearing to be resolved by a District Judge. Anything mentioned at mediation is confidential and cannot be referred to at a court hearing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will have to answer Yes, to all of the 3 questions and send my reply to them as soon as possible before they can book me in for a date. 

It seems pretty straight forward but Please have a look at this for me and i look forward to your comments. 

Regards,

all quite std in a claim.

dx

and they

Your Reason to Claim section states you sent 4 parcels worth £9995. This implies each parcel was worth £2500. Then you state they lost the parcel. Implies only one parcel lost. Then you state you are seeking £9995 being the total value of all 4 parcels. Then in your Claim Amount details you state you are claiming for 2 lost parcels for £9995. My point here is that the defense solicitor will discuss these figures in detail in the hope you will stumble over the answers and it will unsettle you mid way through the hearing.

You will however be required to prepare a witness statement if this is listed for a hearing (as well as pay a high hearing fee), so you will have an opportunity to send them a more precise calculation in that statement. Also, I expect they will want to know the values of the two parcels that were delivered. It would seem strange if they were all of equal value. They will press you because they might suggest that the two parcels successfully delivered might have been worth much more than the two lost parcels. So you should prepare a convincing list of what each parcel contained and which items were the lost ones.

I would think though, that even if you are claiming £9995 and if you win the case based on only £1000 per parcel, you should still get all your court fees back so its worth a try despite your investment in court fees being much higher. Of course, if were you only claiming the insured amount of £1000 it is more likely the case might be settled out of court, but £9995 seems to me will be seriously defended. So far more important to be well versed in your presentation.

It would be easier to claim under your household contents policy, if you have one. Although as the loss was a while ago, this route may be closed. If it were open, you could  (as I did)  sue only for your uninsured losses.

Its WAR

Insurance companies are not entitled to set time limits for making the claim and if they do then those limits are unlawful

• 1 year later...

what happened here?

and they