• Tweets

• thanks ae - yes  I understand the claims are between me and the lender.  But with regards to the order for sale the judge specifically said it is the receiver who is appointed to sell - and he hasn't/ and isn't - which is why I am asking if I can apply to the court v the receiver for an order for sale right now?   The receiver is not part of the current proceedings heading to trial.  But he is responsible for selling the property - and he has consistently rejected offers over >5y.   This is specifically why I would like to understand if I can apply to the court to enforce the sale by the receiver??? As above - The judge has said otherwise the order for sale v the lender has to be dealt with via the trial.  Which they have deliberately delayed via the adjournment. Valuation is an issue. The lender chose the valuer.  I paid but his report basically belongs to and is referred to by the lender.  He did a prof valuation without doing a site visit.  He had done a site visit 5 months earlier for different potential lender.  The 1st valuation he erroneously wrote in his report as fh.  He just did a re-write 5m later - but wrote in his report that the value was the same for lh. I had a great offer on the table from a niche buyer which would have cleared the loan and given me a lot of £s.  But the lender rushed through the repo and the buyer got spooked and ran.  The lender then slashed the price by 30%+ from their valuation (fire sale price?).  As you suggest - they fully expected potential buyers to quickly grab the property at such a discount.  But it turned out they couldn't.  The market had dropped anyway. Then covid hit.  Every potential buyer was questioning the valuation (which clearly was wrong but the lender had accepted).  The lender and receivers actions have eroded the equity.  This wouldn't make sense to any normal lender.  99.9% would have just sold to the 1st buyer willing to transact.  The lender/ receiver had such a willing buyer on day 1 of marketing.  But they spent 15months trying not to sell to them.  As I said, disclosure shows the ceo wanted (wants?) to keep it for himself - so common sense didn't (doesn't) prevail.   The lender has made a £ Claim v me.  I am disputing it because I maintain it is their actions that has caused the erosion of equity/ a debt to accrue. The lender's problem now is that they have spent so much money and added so much interest over 5y that they cannot sell the property for what they need/ want.  They are trying to blame me for this.  But it is their fault; not mine - because I am not in possession or in charge of selling it. As I also said above - if there is some legal reason why I cannot make an application to the court for an order for the receiver to sell - then can I ask the other entity which has a charging order and threatened to do so ???  I will contact this other entity only if I can't make an app to sell v the receiver    
    • We registered our child with a nursery last year for a June 2024 start date. This was before how the new 15 hours free childcare was going to work. At the time my wife paid a £50 deposit. A few weeks ago they sent out an email about how the new funding was going to work. The nurseries can use it as they wish and they said if the child wants to come for one full day we still have to pay £50 and we can't use all the hours for one day. They also drastically increased their day rate. As a result of this we were looking elsewhere and have found a much cheaper nursery so we are changing.  The original nursery now said you only get the deposit back if she starts because it comes out of the first month of fees. I don't think we filled any any form or anything so there were no terms and conditions. Are we entitled to get the deposit back or is it our fault for not asking what the terms were when we paid. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cabot claimform - old HSBC Loan Application to lift stay /summary judgment***Settled by Tomlin Order ***

Tidot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

Date of issue –. 30 October 2018

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for –

1.By an agreement between HSBC Bank PLC & the Defendant on or around 15/09/2014 ("the Agreement") HSBC Bank PLC agreed to loan the Defendant monies.

2.The Defendant did not pay the instalments as they fell due & the Agreement was terminated.

3.The Agreement was assigned to the Claimant.

.THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS

1. 7042.65

2. Costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol)

I did receive a notice of claim.

It said that there is "no acceptable payment arrangement in place" with Cabot.

I didn't not know anything about Cabot.

I have checked my bank account and the direct debits have been going out monthly to HSBC which was agreed earlier with the bank.

What is the total value of the claim? £7042.65

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? the A/c number is a Bank Account but they say Loan? - dx edit

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? The form says 15/09/2014 but it can't be because I didn't obtain any credit after 2013.

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? I've just checked and it is showing as taken in October 2010

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. The claim has been assigned. It is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I don't remember receiving this information.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes I did

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? I can't remember.

Why did you cease payments I didn't cease payments. I agreed reduced payments with HSBC.

What was the date of your last payment November 2018 - the reduced amount agreed with HSBC

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes I did communicate my financial problems and offered an amount which they accepted. Unfortunately I cannot access the debt management plan link here

My husband has booked a holiday for us and we leave on Monday.

We will be staying with friends for 2 months.

Pretty poor timing.

I hope I can get as much of this sorted out as possible before I leave.

Thanks you for any help you can offer me.

I know this might sound strange as I am in financial difficulty personally but I never thought it was fair to burden him with my debt as it was incurred way before I even knew him.

I obviously don't want to get a CCJ.

I am happy to keep paying the agreed amount.

Because the date of the Agreement in the Claim Form seemed wrong I have acknowledged the form and selected that I want to dispute the full amount.

I didn't think to check my credit record at the time.

It was so stressful just to get the Form.

I did this yesterday 13 November 2018.

So I believe I have at least 14 more days to respond.

Please can you let me know what I should do now?

Especially seeing as I won't be here after 19 November.

Thank you so very much.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and Welcome to CAG ...I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum...and updated your thread title....please continue to post here to your thread.

Did you not respond to their Letter of claim ?

Please refer back to this link with regards to acknowledging the claim and making CPR 31.14 and CCA section 77 requests.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do-**UPDATED-2018**

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

in their POC there is an account number, is this 16 digits long?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello dx, thanks for your message.

Sorry for the delay.

Just got home from work.

There is an account number.

Looks like a bank account. 6 digits/8 digits.

I can't see anything that resembles that number on my credit account.

Hello Andy, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure where I should find the thread now.

Which forum would it be in please?

And did I understand correctly that I should just keep posting right here?

I didn't see the letter of claim until Monday just gone.

I don't actually know when it got here but it couldn't have been 2 months ago.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

yep just post here now.

so its a bank account then.

par chance you don't remember HSBC talking about a thing called a managed loan at all do you?

they are infamous for these.

what they do is they convert the existing OD in your current account into a loan, then they add the credit card balance to it, and then when they sell it on they dump everything back into the OD of the current account, hence the +£7 these fleecers are chasing.

do you remember ever running up or being given a +£7k Over draft.

in the meantime

as andy point too

you need to do what the rest of that link indicates...

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [ensure you use the Current account version - leave as is just post it]

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

no I never had an overdraft for that much.

And at any rate I still have that bank account.

I reduced the overdraft to a manageable amount, but I still have it.

I had a revolving credit for £5k and a credit card for £9.5k.

But looking carefully at my credit file it seems they added the revolving credit and outstanding amount on the loan into one.

Thanks for your advice. And yours too Andy. I'll complete the response. Will keep you updated.

Sorry it takes me a while to respond.

I get very stressed and sometimes my brain just switches off and I cannot comprehend anything.

Andy, I'm reading the link you sent me to "You have received a Claim - What you need to do. **UPDATED 2018**" .

If the amount is part overdraft and part credit card does this still apply please:

-------> "If you have not already done so – send a CCA Requesticon to the claimant for a copy of your agreement (except for Overdraft/ Mobile/Telephone accounts)"

If it doesn't apply what do I do?

Dx, for the CCA Request - is it section 77 Fixed loans, or section 78 credit cards and catalogues?

CPR 31.14 Request when Claim is being made for a Current Account - The debt isn't from a current account.

Please help me with which forms I need to send.

I do believe the debt it part revolving credit (which was a bank account but not a current account) and part credit card debt.

Thank you so much

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

cca request for a loan

std CPR then.

why don't you go ring HSBC and talk to them.

they are nothing to do with the claim they have sold the debt on.

if you give them the account number in the POC they'll tell you what the debt is they sold.

bet its a managed loan, they just didn't dump it back in the OD as the A/C was still active.

dx

and they

Okay well its not for you to try to correct the claimant on what exactly they are claiming.....they state in their particulars an agreement and loan so you must go along with that.....its their problem when they cant actually find any documents referring/supporting to their particulars.

So you send the normal CPR 31.14

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31-14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued

And a section 77 request for this alleged agreement account number (dont state your assumed account number on the request)

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974-**Updated-January-2015**

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you Andy and Dx.

Andy, when you say

"And a section 77 request for this alleged agreement account number (dont state your assumed account number on the request)"

Do you mean only state the account number they put in the claim form and not the account number that I THINK it refers to? Just want to make doubly sure.

Correct...thats the account number their claim relies upon.

The CPR 31.14 has a space to state which county court the claim form was received from.

My claim for says "In the County Court Business Centre". The crown stamp simply says "The County Court". Please can you tell me which should I put?

The PoC states:

1.By an agreement between HSBC Bank PLC & the Defendant on or around 15/09/2014 ("the Agreement") HSBC Bank PLC agreed to loan the Defendant monies.

2.The Defendant did not pay the instalments as they fell due & the Agreement was terminated.

.THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS

1. 7042.65

2. Costs

Please can you tell me if, in the CPR 31.14, I ask for these 3 documents:

1. The Agreement

2. The Termination Notice

3. The Notice of Assignment

Thank you

Sorry for the bitty questions. The PDF version of the CPR 31.14 in the CAG library states:

1: the agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement [*should be attached to] or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

*(Remove if the claim is from Northampton MCOL or CCBC)

Does this CCBC mean County Court Business Centre? And if so what exactly should the paragraph say as it doesn't seem to make sense if I remove those words? Thank you for your help.

Ah Andy thanks for your reply on the account number.

Just wondering why I can't Reply with a Quote? It just goes round and round when I click it.

Doesn't load.

Am I supposed to highlight text first

Edited by dx100uk
merge

No..its currently not working due to the upgrade of the forum on the 13th Nov.

So.......

.County Court Business Centre = MCOL/Northamppton/CCBC

.1. The Agreement 2. The Termination Notice 3. The Notice of Assignment

.Yes CCBC means County Court Business Centre...so you remove.

Thanks so much Andy.

.. I've just removed "attached to". Is that right?

"1: the agreement. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.

Yes as per the instructions on the CPR 31.14

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. would anyone be able to direct me to how to complete my defence please? I have to complete it today I think.

I have received a response from Cabot Financial stating that they need 12 days to respond. But nothing from the solicitors. Thank you so much.

your defence was due Friday by 4pm.

and they

not if it falls on a w/end as it wont be registered till Monday when the court opens.

however you are a litigant in person so certain leeway is given.

plenty of cabot/Mortimer claimform threads here giving the std holding /no paperwork defence which you should have already been researching since 15th nov.

just use the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

cabot Mortimer claimform.

pick one that is not for an OD mind

post it up here 1st for checking

and they

Thanks dx. Yes I have been researching but still very confused. I'll post what I have in a bit. Thanks so much for your help.

Oh I'm so confused. I just cannot make head or tail of it all. In tears now. The stress makes it impossible for me to comprehend it all.

Hi dx, this is what I could put together from my reading. Please help me to fix it where needed. Thank you.

New Paragraph 2 added as they didn't send a PAP.

Particulars of claim

1. By an agreement between HSBC Bank PLC & the Defendant on or around 15/09/2014 ("the Agreement") HSBC Bank PLC agreed to loan the Defendant monies.

THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS

1. 7042.65

2. Costs

The Claimant claims:

The sum of £3072.00

Costs

DEFENCE

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.

3. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is accepted that I have had financial dealings with HSBC in the past. However I do not recall entering into any financial agreement with HSBC on or around 15/09/2014 and have sought verification from the claimant who has not complied with my request for further information.

4. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am not aware of any payment terms for the stated agreement.

5. Paragraph 3 is denied as I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served by either the claimant or the original creditor .

6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant; the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of credit agreement/assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31.14, and remains in default of my section 77 request, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

7. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of Royal Mail on 17/11/2018 a CPR 31.14 request from the claimants solicitors and a section 77 request to the Claimant, for copies of the documents referred to within the Claimant’s particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date the Claimant has failed to comply to my section 77 request and their solicitors, Mortimer Clarke, have refused my CPR 31.14 request.

8. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

9. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

10. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief

Edited by dx100uk
merge/tidy

looks fine to me well done

just let andy check it over 1st.

dx

and they

you'll be ok 

and they

2 things now ive got server access again.

change your para one to : Paragraph 1 is noted

and 6 to ….

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement/contract; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice;

(d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

and they

Yes thats fine.....I was going to add " © show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice; "