• Tweets

• Good point, hightail.   And assuming Boris wins, how is he going to explain to party members that the EU won't renegotiate? Or doesn't he care because the decision will be back with Parliament?
    • Update, new tactic from Cabot?? After a quiet period I suddenly get a call to my mobile asking for me by my first name to which i answered yes, (my name) speaking. Caller then says this is Cabot Financial, my reply, never heard of you sorry. I ended the call and blocked the number ( a mobile). Ten minutes later I get a text message stating: Hi, its Cabot click this secure message link if you want to hear something beneficial to you ( or words to that effect). I deleted the message and blocked the sender but I am curious as to what this ploy is. I am guessing by clicking the secure message link I will be acknowledging the debt and thereby resetting the statute barred clock. Have any other Forum members experienced the secure message approach? Thanks in advance.
    • I doubt they really do believe it.  They believe the party membership will believe it - and they already know they'll believe just about anything.
    • Anglian Water (although others may be culpable).   Some time ago users of this forum complained about the level or proportionality of standing charges on fuel bills.  The feeling was that 25% standing charge would be acceptable against the unit cost.  Anglian Water in Essex, responsible for sewage removal,  charge around 80% of a bill for this, my last account was £10 unit cost against a £44 standing charge.  Anglian claim that this is due to infrastructure issues and that my area is sparsley occupied.    Southend on Sea has 160,000 residents, hardly sparse, and infrastructure issues are their problem, not mine.  Anglian is also responsible, according to Environment Agency, of contaminating sea water in my locale.   If there is no legislation regarding the proportion of standing charge to unit cost, there certainly should be !  Any advice ?   (There is a wider issue of charging through third parties that could be taken up seperately.)
    • So - I continue to not pay any more?  Until they respond with the info I have asked for?
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
skeet23

HXCPM/Gladstones vanishing Windscreen PCN claimform - Flipped Ticket - St Georges Car Park, Fitzwilliam St, Huddersfield

in just about any pnc claimform thread in this forum.

use our search

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

OK - I get it ... more is less because it restricts your wiggle room later. Would this be sufficiently terse:

The Defendant denies that any contract was formed between the Claimant and himself.
The Claimant has failed to establish Keeper liability under the Protection of Freedoms Act.
The Particulars of Claim contain no detail as to the nature of any breach of a contract.
The Defendant does not believe the Claimant has locus standi since they have failed to produce any evidence of assignment of rights from the landowner as part of CPR 31.14 request, nor have they produced any evidence of planning permissions for their signage and equipment.
It is therefore requested that the claim be struck out under CPR 16.4

--skeet23

Looks OK, the regulars will no doubt have a look and comment then you should be good to go.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Looks ok

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Thankyou, everyone.

I'll submit it on the MCOL system this evening and keep you all posted.

Cheers

--skeet23

Well, they don't hang about, do they !

On Monday, Gladdys emailed me (I put my email address on the MCOL site, they must have grabbed it from there) 

>>>>>

Re : Our Client : HX Car Park Management Limited 
Claim Number: XXXXXXXX 

We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.   

Please find enclosed a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing.

This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate. We trust you agree.   

You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward.  

Yours sincerely 

<<<<<

Attached to this mail is an N180 Directions Questionnaire. Having scanned through this, I have a concern regarding section D1:

At which County Court hearing centre would you prefer the small claims hearing to take place and why?

PURSUANT TO PD27 (2.4) SEE REQUEST FOR SPECIAL DIRECTION AND N159. If the Defendant does not consent - Claimant's home court.

Is the request for special direction their request to do it "on the papers" ... and does the "Claimant's home court" mean I'm going to have to travel half way across the country to defend myself?

• Do I need to do anything about this now?
  • Assume it's best to email back and instruct them to (1) not use this email address again and (2) send all further correspondance by post.

On Tuesday, a letter from the court arrived stating that they acknowledge receipt of my defence and it will be served on the Claimant and/or their solicitors ... they have 28 days to decide to proceed otherwise he case will be stayed.

• I assume I don't need to respond to this!

Best Regards

--skeet23

It sounds as if they could be trying something on, let's see what the others think. Please don't reply until they've had a look.

Certainly you don't want to agree to a hearing on the papers only because they can come up with any old toot and you won't be there to argue with it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

std practice 

when the time comes you object to paperwork only hearing.

block and bounce their email ad

send one more email to them now.

subject:

court claim XXXX date

this email address is not to be used for the service of any documents relating to the above case.

…………….

you should be reading up and you'd known about this and wht to do.

Thanks, @dx100uk.

What about the "Claimant's home court" bit ... or is that safe to ignore for now ?

--skeet23

load of ole twaddle

if you read a few like threads which you should be doing in the down periods

you'll see they always do this and how to deal with it AT THE CORRECT TIME.

You want a Hearing, that email is the usual Gladdys trick to engineer a Default Judgment by getting the victim(defendant) to agree to let their dodgy POC and fictional WS be unchallenged at a hearing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

they are hoping to get you to agree to a hearing "on the papers" becasue they know they will lose theri client a wad of cash if they ahve to get someone to attend your local court and tell porkies for them as they dont actually attend themselves.

Mote they say they are prepared to send this to court on their clients request. In other words they have no authority to do this yet so if they do they will be clobbered for Champerty and Maintenance. (look it up)

you will be sent a directions questionnaire by the courts  so you respond to that and not  their attempt to mug you.

you NEVER email these bandits and if they email you then you block their email addy as spam and make sure they bounce back so they know they ahve been rumbled