You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• So I make a post and ask you some questions and you then go in and make a response which deals with something completely different and which ignores the questions which I have asked completely. I do see how we can move forward on that basis
    • Thank you. First of all, this is not chronology so we don't have any sense of the timeline. It's still rather complicated – but maybe when you produce a chronology it will come more into focus. However, there are a few things that we can start to tease out. You say that you accepted £250 in an offer which was intended to reflect distress. Although you say that you accepted this offer mistakenly, it may well be that you have no further rights on this issue because of course it would have been up to you to understand the situation properly before accepting any kind of financial offer. However, it would be useful to understand the reach of this offer and so please could you post up the offer letter by uploading it in PDF format. You say that "high-volume messaging" is not explicitly covered in the terms and conditions – but there may be references to "fair use policy" and it may be an interpretive problem rather than looking for words which specifically match your situation. So it will be helpful to know what words Vodafone were relying upon and also what was the extent of your high-volume messaging. Did they give you any warnings. You say that they referred to terms and conditions which you did not sign. However, it isn't necessary to sign terms and conditions. We would have to understand more about the context – but generally speaking if there is an agreement which refers to terms and conditions from the outset and you then embark upon the agreement and use the services, then all the signs would be that you've accepted the conditions of use. Signed written terms and conditions are generally speaking only required in contracts for property or copyright or shares. You say that the contract was put in your sole name despite the fact that the company name was on the agreement. We don't have a chronology so we don't see how long this went on for and you don't explain why you didn't raise any objections to this – or maybe you did? You say that you have sent Vodafone and Lowell an SAR but "so far" you are waiting for a response. This suggests that you sent the SAR some time ago – but you haven't told us anything about when this might have happened. You are referring to obligations under the Consumer Rights Act but I'm afraid that these obligations refer to contracts between a trader and a consumer – and you are not trading as a consumer so these probably wouldn't apply to you. Finally, you are worried about expressing a claim in legal language. If you begin a small claim then you certainly don't need any legal language – and in fact that kind of approach simply gets in the way. Also, it seems to me that you are gearing up to bring a court claim – which is fine, in my book – but you haven't identified your cause or causes of action and you don't have a plan. I think we need to slow down and have a more careful and methodical look at the situation. Otherwise you're simply going to find yourself in trouble
    • Late to this, sorry - my wife claims contributory ESA and got her P60 about two weeks ago. Now I know she's overpaid on her tax and I'm just waiting for HMRC (the department I currently work for) to figure it out. They owe her about £150.
    • World Bank President David Malpass says billions of people will have their livelihoods affected. View the full article
    • World Bank President David Malpass says billions of people will have their livelihoods affected. View the full article
  • Our picks

axil23

NPS PCN lease car - machine not working - operator pictures - Blandford street pay to park. Newcastle NE1 3PZ

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 203 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My partner parked at a NPS (northern Parking Services) car park a few weeks back and the machine was not working.

She could not pay for her parking.

Today we got a ticket in the post.

They have camera's there and must have automatically sent a ticket out.

What are my options?

Do I have to pay it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Its a Parking Charge notice! Can you move this to the right forum?

1 Date of the infringement 28-9-18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 1-10-18

3 Date received 8-11-18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] no

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yeah they have photo of the car

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] n

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? NPS

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Blandford street pay to park. Newcastle NE1 3PZ

Edited by dx100uk
format

read UPLOAD

we need to be able to see the images of your vehicle (no reg though) to determine how they took the pictures. We also need to be able to see the times on the NTK they claim your vehicle was there and also be able to read all of their text as they have to use key phrases to make it a lawful demand.

Remove any ref numbers, barcodes etc as well as your personal info

Attached is the pdf. Appreciate the help. Like I said the meter was not working.

IMG.pdf

she was there for 5 days?these look like operator pictures not ANPR?

She was there for 2hrs.

Yeah they do look like pictures taken from in front of the car and not ANPR.

Not sure where the ANPR came in from.

No reference to it on the ticket so could have been added in by a moderator?

What should I do?

as you'd mentioned pictures it was added now removed.

I see what they've done with the pictures and times now very clever.

we'll there are no time stamps on the pictures? so they cant prove anything.

So what should I do next? Its a lease so I don't want the lease company paying them and billing me. Although they have my contact details so they should keep this communication between us only now?

the lease company cannot pay it for him

their T&C's don't state private invoices

only fines from councils/police etc.

but be careful as we've seen them confuse these with real fines before!!

how is the lease paid?

Monthly from my bank account. Should I email them back stating that their machine was not working and my wife did not have a smart phone to make an online payment.

watch the DD closely then.

no you do not contact the PPC and most certainly not by email!!

Surely though if I don't contact them back won't the problem just escalate? They will send further reminders? So what exactly is my defence on this?

you've been here since 2010

you should know you need to read up on like threads in this forum.

I honestly can't find a similar one.

Can you direct me to a sticky that gives the details like why I should not respond and what my rights are?

Thank you so much for your help mate my wife thinks we should just pay it and be done with it rather than face court.

I was thinking of just replying to them to advise them that the car park machine was not working.

theres no sticky.

just read a few threads in this forum and you'll soon get the idea

not sure where court comes into this either.

they've responded by sending out the NTK within 14 days as if its an ANPR capture... it is NOT

so they've already broken the rules they should abide by.

tell your mates wifes to poke her nose out or learn that these things are not fines but a mere piece of paper that alleges you broken some magical contract by parking there...

[you have taken pictures of the signs that specifically state that if our machine falis to work you will be charged £100?...]

they'll know full well the machine was not working but they couldn't care less...

parking co's sometimes abuse the law by trying it on with the lease co if the driver doesnt pay up, even though theynahve no legal reason to do so as they know the lease co wont spend a couple of days staff time fighting this (shame, they ciould absolutely spank the parking co in court for all of their costs) so often pay up when harassed and just add it to your bill.

You should let the leas co that you are dealing with this and they should not entertain any thoughts of interfering with the proper process.

As for the parking co, depending on how you wnat to deal with this it wont harm you to state that yes, you are responsible for this but as they havent shown a cause for action regarding their demands you wont be paying and you will be fighting them all the way and should they try their luck with the lease co you will take over the claim anyways so that wont get them anywhere

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I did this and they replied with further pics that showed the time stamp on them.

Also they agree that the meter was not working and state that this doesn't mean that I could park there for free and should have paid via the app.

I had ignored that

yesterday got a letter that stated that unless I paid the £100 they would start court proceedings.

What should I do now?

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

unless or until you get a 'letter of/before claim ' from one of their fake/tame paperonly solicitors

you are safe to ignore everything else.

dx

Thank you dx.

Received a letter from DCBL Bailiffs today for £160. Do I need to do anything or ignore it?

What does the letter say please? I'm trying to ascertain if they're acting as bailiffs or debt collectors.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It might be a ThreatOgram based on the demand for £160, DCBL also act as DCA, could you post it up please suitably redacted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

That's what I thought, BN, when I saw £160. Hopefully the OP will let us see the letter.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum