premier parking anpr pcn - overstay - Railway Approach Car Park, East Grinstead, RH19 1EP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I am hoping that I can receive some useful advice from some of you on this forum, and I thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I have recently been sent a PCN for parking in a pub car park.

The letter states that I had been sent the PCN because "Whole Period of Parking Not Paid For" to which I was confused, as I had purchased a ticket to cover my stay whilst eating at the pub.

I appealed the PCN (issued by Premier Park) via their online facility stating that I had paid for parking and that I believed I had paid for two hours duration.

My appeal was subsequently rejected, and Premier Park now stated that the reason I was being charged was because I had not paid sufficient costs to cover the period of my stay; I had only paid for one hours parking not two as I thought, and therefore had overstayed my time by 21 minutes.

Understandably, I am annoyed but essentially, it was my error, I should have checked the time paid for on my ticket but I was in a rush as late for the occasion. However, Premier Park had also made an error sending out the first letter stating that I had not paid at all.

I have contacted the pub that I stayed at (The Railway Tavern in East Grinstead) to ask if they can help on my behalf as Premier Park must be operating on the pubs behalf, but they are not exactly forthcoming in intervening.

Also of interest, the address shown on the letter for where I became liable for a PCN is not quite the same as the car park where I incurred the PCN. If one types in the address on the letter, it indicates a car park in a different area on the other side of the road, some 400 yards from where I stayed.

Where do I stand on this, do I pay them or can I ignore the letter even though accidentally I had not paid the full amount?

Additional Information

1 Date of the infringement: 23rd October 2018

2 Date on the NTK: 30th October 2018

3 Date received: Not sure, 1st or 2nd November

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? YES

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? YES

6 Have you appealed? YES, but I don’t have a copy at present.

Have you had a response? YES.

7 Who is the parking company? Premier Park

8. Where exactly: Railway Approach Car Park, East Grinstead, RH19 1EP

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Yes, they operate under the BPA

Here is a copy of Premier Parks response to my online appeal:

Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your appeal against the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN). We have carefully considered your appeal, however on this occasion the appeal has been rejected for the following reason;

Your vehicle overstayed your paid parking period by 21 minutes

You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure and therefore you now have two options;

You can pay the total amount due as shown above via the following payment options;

Call us on: 01302 513232

Pay online:

Send a postal order: Premier Park Ltd, PO Box 624, Exeter, EX1 9JG

You can appeal to an Independent Appeals Service, POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals) using the POPLA reference code provided above. Please note, should you decide to appeal to POPLA and your appeal is subsequently rejected or you withdraw your appeal, the option to pay a discounted amount will no longer be available and the full amount of the PCN will become due.

If you decide to appeal to POPLA, you will need to visit their website, where further details of how to appeal (either online or by downloading the relevant forms) can be found.

If you are unable to access their website, please call us for further information on how to obtain the forms. Please ensure your POPLA Reference Number, as noted above, is quoted on all correspondence to POPLA.

You have 28 days from the date of this letter to submit an appeal to POPLA.

If you appeal to POPLA we will suspend recovery activity on the PCN and the charge will not increase until the appeal has been determined.

By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal.

However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service.

As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.

If you do not make payment or submit an appeal to POPLA within the relevant timeframe, the outstanding PCN may be passed to our appointed debt collection agency for further action. All costs associated with this process will be added to the amount outstanding.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Unless any additional relevant information or facts are provided, Premier Park Ltd considers this to be their final decision regarding this appeal.

Please note that all payments are subject to a 50p administration charge.

This message was sent from an unmonitored e-mail address. Please do not reply to this message.

GDPR – to view how we use and process your data and your rights, including how to object or restrict such use, please see our privacy policy available online at

was this an anrp capture or a ticket on your windscreen?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

can you scan up both sides of the ntk please to one multipage pdf please

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hiow did you pay for parking? Is the place local to you? if so can you get pictures of the signage there.

You say that management not that helpful, who did you actually speak to there?

As you have jumped the gun by appealing the pub may be reticent to now do the decent thing but it is worth letting them know that you intend to take this further with either the brewery, your bank ( recharge on your debit card) and the council ( illegally placed signs making the liable tf or any enforcement action taken by council planning dept) and lastly they should know that you havent yet left a review of your stay on trip advisor, google etc and you will be leaving an honest review of the entire experience, not just how the beer of food was.

This may well have a useful effect for others but once left they cant undo what is done as their reputaion is already damaged so they wont want to help you. Let them know that you are giving them the chance to get PPC to drop the matter at their instruction and if they have no say then you let rip

the other thinmg you ahve done by appealing to them as the driver is make yourself liable for any made up charge they wish to add to your account when by not appealing you would have had the law on your side to stop then asking for more than the flat rate on the NTK.

Their NTK is not POFA complaint to create ANY liability let alone a keeper liability so that could be a saving grace. They fail to use certain key phrases and dont state who the creditor is, you have shot the stool away from your feet on the first part but that hasnt undone the fact they havent issued a lawful demand.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

well, get some pictures for starters and then do all of the things I suggested. Find out who the licencee is for the pub and go after them to get it cancelled. Let thme know their name will be mud over this if they dont at least try to call of the cowboys.

As siad, tell them you will do a chargeback on the card you paid their bill on as you didnt agree to apy £100 to eat there.

Read lots of other threads on private parking so you can understand why we say do this or that.

Generally once the parking bandits have a sniff of a cahce of getting some money they dont give up easily, you have made them think you are going to pay up by appealing before taking advice so you dotn contact them from now on until you have exhausted every other avenue eve if they get some lame dca to write scary letters on their behalf.