Universal Credits & Tax Credits

woolyG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In July my wife left me

at the time I was receiving ESA (support group), Severe Disability premium, DLA, tax credits & LHA.

I informed DWP of the change in my circumstances and was advised that I didn't need to contact any of the government agencies as my change in circumstances information would be passed automatically. This was a godsend at the time as I suffer from numerous physical and mental issues.

Today I have heard from HMRC saying that I may receive a fine of £300 for not informing them of my change of circumstances. I was also informed that in September my area became full UC so I will be forced onto Universal Credit without any migration protection, is this true? is there anything I can do?

The issue here is that DWP were ok with your change in circumstances and could retain your DWP benefits.

On the other hand, HMRC Tax Credits would deal with your change in circumstances, as a reason to close your TC claim and for you to claim UC instead.

Can I suggest that you get in touch with your MP's office to raise a complaint in writing. It is not fair that you are being threatened with failing to report the change, if someone from DWP told you that you could continue with the current claims.

Your local MP is more likely to obtain a resolution to this, than you will by trying to deal with this yourself.

Changing to UC now, could see you being a lot worse off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Some local MP's have an office with a weekly surgery, definitely check that out too.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Guys, getting in touch with my local MP is a great idea and not one I would of thought of myself. As it stands at the moments, there is no way I will consider switching to UC I would rather just loose the Tax Credits, but what a choice because of somebodies awful instructions, lose my tax credits or lose my severe disablement allowance. This is having such an awful effect on my health.